Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

In theory, yes. That's what the official sources say they will do.

In practice, when it happened to us -- we arrived at the Friendship Boat dock during a downpour, just in time to be told they were shutting down due to lightning -- the skipper said a bus would be provided, but it would take "at least an hour or so" before we could expect Disney to get buses coordinated and dispatched to the Crescent Lake resorts. We had a dining reservation to get to (happened to be at EPCOT, not DHS) and were already dressed in heavy-duty ponchos and waterproof sandals, so we simply hoofed it through the thunder, lightning, and monsoon rains to get there.

Based on that experience, my advice would be that unless you're in no hurry whatsoever, be prepared to walk instead.
We like the main pool a lot. It's a fun vibe with a long slide. It's my favorite slide on property. If you're concerned about noise, do not book a boardwalk view. Noise from people and boats will be heard. We don't find it to be a problem, in fact I enjoy it, but light sleepers or people who sleep in may not.
Thank you!

Trattoria al Forno and Pizza Window at Disney's BoardWalk Closing for Short Refurbishment in June

Guests visiting Disney's BoardWalk later this spring should keep in mind that Trattoria al Forno and the Pizza Window will be closed for refurbishment from June 11-17, 2023. While the restaurant is closed, limited breakfast offerings will be available at Flying Fish.

The Pizza Window will be moved to a temporary location, so Guests may continue to enjoy pizza throughout the closure.
Quoting myself to update:

Trattoria al Forno Closed, BoardWalk Pizza Moves to Temporary Location During Disney’s BoardWalk Refurbishment

Trattoria al Forno and the Pizza Window will be closed through June 17. Limited breakfast offerings are available at Flying Fish during this time.

1686677429207.jpeg

Crew members were working inside BoardWalk Pizza.

boardwalk construction 9131

A sign at the normal window pointed to the temporary location outside AbracadaBar.

boardwalk construction 9125

Another A-frame sign also points to the temporary location.

boardwalk construction 9127

A Cast Member is stationed at a white podium to take your pizza order from noon to midnight.

boardwalk construction 9126

BoardWalk Funnel Cake Kiosk

Finally, we spotted crew members repainting the funnel cake kiosk across from Surrey bike rentals. The funnel cake kiosk is closed with no announced reopening date.

boardwalk construction 9164

Is anything DVC related being refurbished? Rooms etc
Not currently, AFAIK, but we hope/expect them to start on the DVC side in September or later in fall. ALL BW view villas are blocked from being reserved from around mid-September to about mid-November, presumably for exterior work, and it's hoped that means they'll be working on those rooms (and the P/G rooms across the halls from them) during the same time. Then ALL standard view villas are blocked from early January to early March, so same presumptions and hopes for the rooms along those hallways. The BWV rooms are due for a to-the-studs full refurbishment.

If you have a Boardwalk view room, it can get a little loud at night, especially if you're on a lower floor. That said, we always try for BW view, and it hasn't been a problem for us. YMMV.

Do you mean in the BW DVC Studio Villas? The single Murphy beds are standard in all the BWV studios (along with a double size sofa bed and a regular queen size bed). We're all hoping that the sofa beds will be replaced by queen or double size Murphy beds in the coming refurbishment, but we won't know for sure until later this year or early next year.

I don't know about the BW Inn at all, sorry.
Thank you!

How crowded does the resort main pool get? As crowded as stormalong bay?
Depends on when you go. We typically travel in august/September and visit the pool round 3/4 in the afternoon. We find it's generally pretty easy to find a chair or two for our towels and such and not too long of a wait for the slide. On a really hot day there might be more people.

Not as busy as Stormalong Bay

Quoting myself to update:

Trattoria al Forno Closed, BoardWalk Pizza Moves to Temporary Location During Disney’s BoardWalk Refurbishment

Trattoria al Forno and the Pizza Window will be closed through June 17. Limited breakfast offerings are available at Flying Fish during this time.

View attachment 767442

Crew members were working inside BoardWalk Pizza.

boardwalk construction 9131

A sign at the normal window pointed to the temporary location outside AbracadaBar.

boardwalk construction 9125

Another A-frame sign also points to the temporary location.

boardwalk construction 9127

A Cast Member is stationed at a white podium to take your pizza order from noon to midnight.

boardwalk construction 9126

BoardWalk Funnel Cake Kiosk

Finally, we spotted crew members repainting the funnel cake kiosk across from Surrey bike rentals. The funnel cake kiosk is closed with no announced reopening date.

boardwalk construction 9164
My wife wanted a funnel cake so bad a week ago.

We are staying CL in August. We have only stayed at BWI once but never CL. We are very excited to be trying out CL for the first time. When do they release the menus for the dinner offerings? We can always find something at breakfast but just wondering when we would know what apps/dinner they are serving at night? Some nights we may just eat light and spend time at the resort or BW area. Thanks!

We are staying "resort view, club level" in mid-August. Are these rooms newly renovated? Can we request a renovated room? I see some complaining about older/worn rooms. Thanks for any info.

We are staying CL in August. We have only stayed at BWI once but never CL. We are very excited to be trying out CL for the first time. When do they release the menus for the dinner offerings? We can always find something at breakfast but just wondering when we would know what apps/dinner they are serving at night? Some nights we may just eat light and spend time at the resort or BW area. Thanks!

We haven’t stayed at BW CL in years, but we’ll be there July 4-7th. I’ll try to post pictures & updates. We’ve regularly stayed at YC, GF, & CR CLs. As far as I know, no place really “releases” the menus. I’ve seen a few pictures of menus for the day posted in the lounges, but I don’t usually see that myself. You could ask the CL CMs every morning. They should be able to let you know what’s planned for the day. Things could change of course, such as if items run out. But I’m sure many people want to know for the same reasons.

Last edited:
We haven’t stayed at BW CL in years, but we’ll be there July 4-7th. I’ll try to post pictures & updates. We’ve regularly stayed at YC, GF, & CR CLs. As far as I know, no place really “releases” the menus. I’ve seen a few pictures of menus for the day posted in the lounges, but I don’t usually see that myself. You could ask the CL CMs every morning. They should be able to let you know what’s planned for the day. Things could change of course, such as if items run out. But I’m sure many people want to know for the same reasons.
Thank you, great advice.

Is anything DVC related being refurbished? Rooms etc
Hello!
I'm hoping I'm posting in the correct area...
We have an upcoming Boardwalk Inn stay this August (arriving on the 10th). Are there any current refurbs going on with the resort or are they all upcoming later this year and into 2024? Any info or details would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- manooly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter