Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi, we are checking in at the end of this month and have a studio villas pool view....any room/area suggestions that can be requested?

thanks!
The last time we had a studio villa pool view we had room 4136. It was a quiet pool view at the end of a hallway so no neighbors on one side, and we could see the boats heading over to Studios. We enjoyed it.

Edit. - taking pods. Hopefully they don’t get thrown out at airport security.

Let’s talk laundry….

should I pack my own laundry detergent or is that available at the hotel for purchase? We are doing carry on luggage, so trying to avoid bringing laundry detergent!

Last edited:
I just wanted to say I am SUPER excited.

I was able to rent DVC points and got a deluxe villa studio for Feb 11-18th 2023. I know it is 11 months out, but I am super excited. I have been to Disney few times (last time was last month), but this will be the first time EVER at a Disney resort. I can't wait to take my family and enjoy for the first time a full Disney experience. Super excited for a deluxe hotel at a great location.

I will start asking several questions, so please don't get mad :tongue:

I was able to rent DVC points and got a deluxe villa studio for Feb 11-18th 2023. I know it is 11 months out, but I am super excited. I have been to Disney few times (last time was last month), but this will be the first time EVER at a Disney resort. I can't wait to take my family and enjoy for the first time a full Disney experience. Super excited for a deluxe hotel at a great location.

Have a great time...we stayed there in November and loved it!!

Edit. - taking pods. Hopefully they don’t get thrown out at airport security.

Let’s talk laundry….

should I pack my own laundry detergent or is that available at the hotel for purchase? We are doing carry on luggage, so trying to avoid bringing laundry detergent!
They do have detergent for purchase in the laundry room. Have a great trip!

New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

We’re gearing up to make a seaside splash at Disney’s BoardWalk! Over the next few years, we’ll be bringing new enhancements and offerings to life along this beloved, turn-of-the-century promenade – from a charming new lobby design and nearby coffee bar to delectable dining options, refreshed guest rooms and other special touches.

Waterside strolls will be extra special with storybook sweet treats and dreamy desserts at The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers, a new table service restaurant and bakery that’s sure to delight. Expected to open in 2023, this restaurant will offer both savory and dessert menus, along with afternoon tea service, in a whimsical atmosphere that complements the magic of the idyllic charm of Disney’s BoardWalk that guests know and love.

i2tuu2yih4gwiuhrsdjkzx.jpg

And with this new sweet spot on the horizon, the BoardWalk Bakery will become a new sandwich shop for guests to enjoy a bite along the water’s edge, joining other current food and beverage locations like BoardWalk Ice Cream.

Through the doors of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, light and airy touches will reinvigorate the lobby, lounge and guest rooms, carrying the seaside breeze right inside. Just off the lobby, a new coffee bar with artisanal beverages and quick bites will be available to-go or in newly refreshed seating spaces inside or outdoors.

We’re gearing up to make a seaside splash at Disney’s BoardWalk! Over the next few years, we’ll be bringing new enhancements and offerings to life along this beloved, turn-of-the-century promenade – from a charming new lobby design and nearby coffee bar to delectable dining options, refreshed guest rooms and other special touches.

Waterside strolls will be extra special with storybook sweet treats and dreamy desserts at The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers, a new table service restaurant and bakery that’s sure to delight. Expected to open in 2023, this restaurant will offer both savory and dessert menus, along with afternoon tea service, in a whimsical atmosphere that complements the magic of the idyllic charm of Disney’s BoardWalk that guests know and love.

And with this new sweet spot on the horizon, the BoardWalk Bakery will become a new sandwich shop for guests to enjoy a bite along the water’s edge, joining other current food and beverage locations like BoardWalk Ice Cream.

Through the doors of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, light and airy touches will reinvigorate the lobby, lounge and guest rooms, carrying the seaside breeze right inside. Just off the lobby, a new coffee bar with artisanal beverages and quick bites will be available to-go or in newly refreshed seating spaces inside or outdoors.
finally some new options!

I just reviewed a menu at an existing restaurant and it looks excellent! Hopefully this will relocate the refillable mug station somewhere more convenient.

Cautiously optimistic for the refurbs to the main building and rooms... I really love Boardwalk, even the weird chairs. I'm hoping it keeps its slightly carnival vibe, but in an elegant way. I know the refurbs need to happen and I am happy about it getting some love. I'd also really love to see these new food places offer a variety of allergy friendly items just to make it easier for everyone to have a variety of options. I want to have my cake and eat it too.

I am super excited for you! I can't imagine how great a feeling this must be. I am an owner at BWV and it is by far my absolute favorite resort! Totally different experience when you can walk direct to a couple of the parks and not have to worry about transportation!

Cautiously optimistic for the refurbs to the main building and rooms... I really love Boardwalk, even the weird chairs. I'm hoping it keeps its slightly carnival vibe, but in an elegant way. I know the refurbs need to happen and I am happy about it getting some love. I'd also really love to see these new food places offer a variety of allergy friendly items just to make it easier for everyone to have a variety of options. I want to have my cake and eat it too.

I agree with you. I hope they don't mess with the resort too much. And they better not get rid of that crumb cake.

I'm nervous and kind of hesitant about what is going on with these changes. First of all I will miss the bakery. We would go there every night to get our breakfast for the next morning. I will miss the bakery items and hope that they will still be available. Loved the banana bread. Not sure if we can get stuff from the new restaurant like that. I also worry about the lobby which I love. I hope it is no more than just getting new furniture. I would be really disappointed if they actually changed the theme. And they need to keep the nanny chairs!!!! I know that the rooms need some updating but I really hope they keep the boardwalk theme rather than a sea theme that we can get at the Beach Club.

I'm nervous and kind of hesitant about what is going on with these changes. First of all I will miss the bakery. We would go there every night to get our breakfast for the next morning. I will miss the bakery items and hope that they will still be available. Loved the banana bread. Not sure if we can get stuff from the new restaurant like that. I also worry about the lobby which I love. I hope it is no more than just getting new furniture. I would be really disappointed if they actually changed the theme. And they need to keep the nanny chairs!!!! I know that the rooms need some updating but I really hope they keep the boardwalk theme rather than a sea theme that we can get at the Beach Club.
When is refurb going to happen

my wife is on hold with Disney right now trying to find that out. I'm also nervous about a refurb as I love everything about this resort. Theming, color scheme, music, all of it... but it does need a refresh. "light and airy" room refurbs doesn't sound too bad, but who knows what that really means?

Hoping to find out when this all starts because i'd rather go to BC than be walking around construction crews during my trip.

One thing i never liked though was the ESPN club, so glad to hear that will be redone. Thought that space is huge... i don't know how it can support a cake shop! Just don't touch my trattoria and we can still be friends lol

my wife is on hold with Disney right now trying to find that out. I'm also nervous about a refurb as I love everything about this resort. Theming, color scheme, music, all of it... but it does need a refresh. "light and airy" room refurbs doesn't sound too bad, but who knows what that really means?

Hoping to find out when this all starts because i'd rather go to BC than be walking around construction crews during my trip.

One thing i never liked though was the ESPN club, so glad to hear that will be redone. Thought that space is huge... i don't know how it can support a cake shop! Just don't touch my trattoria and we can still be friends lol
My guess is the bar area will be the cake shop portion, and the dining room will be the sit down portion? I saw a few things on the other location menu that looked quite delicious and cake is my dessert poison.

CM on the phone had heard nothing about renovations, and had no dates. That stinks. So we held our BW for October and will wait to see later if they announce dates.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter