• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I hate to say anything to diminish your joy, but please take a word of caution. Apparently some of the AP rates showing this morning were incorrect, and Disney pulled them. This has happened in the past also. When it did, Disney did not always honor the incorrect rates. According to discussion in the Discounts forum, guests who had booked were offered one night at the incorrect rate as a goodwill gesture, but the rest of the stay was billed at Disney’s intended price.

I reeeally hope that’s not what will happen this time. But just in case, please be prepared with a backup plan. Good luck!
I did get one of the pre-taken away rates for a garden cottage room (not as good as others, but still good). I know I was going to stay at BWI anyway so I’m just going to wait and see if they contact me, and if they do I will either keep what I have or switch to a standard CL room. I was worried yesterday, but I’m just going to go with the flow, I know I’ll still stay at BWI and that’s all that was important to me for this trip. This will be my first BWI trip, and I’m so excited 🤗

Is the redo of the area finished or are there still construction walls?
I’ll try and take some pics when we got to Epcot later this morning (staying at BWI right now for a last minute weekend trip) but there are still some walls up so exiting is definately not fun with the crowds at IG now but hopefully it’ll get better once those walls are down. Assume it’s for new exit/ticket windows...

The OP is right about signage. All the new security check points are open but there is no signage at all. We don’t carry bags and there wasn’t a “no bag” line the last two days which is pretty frustrating. Probably just opening week kinks to work out so I’m not too worried about it yet...

It’s definitely way more crowded at the IG now throughout the day and night. We always loved the quaintness of that entry to Epcot staying at BWI and YC/BC. Sadly that’s not to be any longer - well just have to get used to the “new normal” with the Skyliner.

I figured IG would be impacted, at least temporarily, especially in the am. Not good to hear it’s lasting throughout the day and night. I hope they finish the construction and get the walls down soon. Have a great trip.

Can anyone who’s been since the Skyline opened give an update on how it’s been at IG at park opening? The crowds? The lines? Etc
Not bad at all. We came through the IG a few times this week and once off the Skyliner. Never had a wait at the IG to go through Security or ticketing. If you have a stroller you have to go though specific lines because they are wider. The no bags line is narrow. So no strollers.

Last edited:

Stayed one night at the inn this past Saturday. Booked a Standard King and got room 4311. Good location for us. At the end of the hall so very quiet. Could see Tower of Terror from our balcony. No shared toiletries. Had individual bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion with boxed soaps, mouthwash and vanity kit. Took MDE and arrived at BWI approx 90 min from landing. Ran to EPCOT for Chef Figment POP then to Jaleo for dinner. Came back and took a nice leisurely stroll around the lake to walk off all the deliciousness from dinner!

The next morning I got a nice 7 mile run in both around the lake and on the treadmill. The chilled towels in the gym were a great touch for my last few miles outside. Afterwards we cleaned up and took our bags to bell services to transfer over to Yacht Club while we went for brunch at Wine Bar George.

Overall, even for just one night, I enjoyed my time at the Inn MUCH more than my time in the Villas. Would definitely be open to staying again.

I meant to type Jellyrolls and for some reason ESPN comes out. We typically use the stairs in the back of the building behind Jellyrolls. It’s one you can enter or exit. As another poster mentioned there are others but this one is very convenient when exiting the friendship boats at Swan/Dolphin.
Don’t you hate it when your brain says one thing and your fingers type something else. Happens to me all the dang time

So, DS is graduating June 2020, we are celebrating at WDW. I told him he picks the resort and the dining. He picked Boardwalk! This will be our first stay here. He is looking forward to the pool slide and being close to Ample hill creamery :rotfl2:

I just booked at BWI Villas. It was the only discount at any of the Epcot resorts I could get today. It's the one bedroom standard view with one king bed and on pullout queen.

Is there anything I need to know about staying at a villa? I've only stayed in regular rooms. Is there anything extra I need to bring that is not provided but usually is with a standard room? Toiletries or hair dryer?

Also how is the pullout bed? Is it comfortable or should we expect it to be like sleeping on a couch?

Just to avoid confusion BWI refers to the inn and BWV refers to the villas. The inn side is a typical hotel room. The villas are different. Studios have a kitchenette and the one, two and three bedrooms have a full kitchen and living area.

Our family of four (kids ages 8 and 4) is staying at BWV in May. We have a studio with a garden/pool view booked for our trip. Any recommendations about room requests? I don't mind taking the stairs from time to time. Balcony view isn't the most important feature to us, but is a nice plus. Ideally we're looking for a quieter spot since bedtime will be early 8:30-9pm most nights. I don't know if pool noise, courtyard (outside the main lobby) noise, or fireworks would be a possible distraction during the early night hours.

Our family of four (kids ages 8 and 4) is staying at BWV in May. We have a studio with a garden/pool view booked for our trip. Any recommendations about room requests? I don't mind taking the stairs from time to time. Balcony view isn't the most important feature to us, but is a nice plus. Ideally we're looking for a quieter spot since bedtime will be early 8:30-9pm most nights. I don't know if pool noise, courtyard (outside the main lobby) noise, or fireworks would be a possible distraction during the early night hours.
You might want to consider the leisure pool instead of Luna Park since Luna Park gets noisy all the time.

You might want to consider the leisure pool instead of Luna Park since Luna Park gets noisy all the time.

It looks like that is in building 2 (south). Is that a significantly further walk to the boardwalk and dining? What about overlooking the main lawn green space between the lobby and the boardwalk? I wasn't sure if that would be any quieter or still quite noisy at night with all of the foot traffic, entertainment, and dining closer to those rooms.

It looks like that is in building 2 (south). Is that a significantly further walk to the boardwalk and dining? What about overlooking the main lawn green space between the lobby and the boardwalk? I wasn't sure if that would be any quieter or still quite noisy at night with all of the foot traffic, entertainment, and dining closer to those rooms.
There is only one building with multiple corridors. You could try for a Village Green studio (add your request to your reservation) since most of those villas are studios.

Is it possible to get three adjoining studios in the Villas?
The Village Green location is probably the only place where you'll find three studios right next to each other. BUT, the odds of all three of them being vacant on the day of your arrival is very slim. You might get all of them on the same floor, the same corridor, but even that might be hard.

I have just kind of given up on the busses. We spend so much on a Disney vacay that a Lyft or Minnie Van ride is but a mere drop in the bucket, yet reduces stress significantly. Sometimes I don't mind waiting, like going back for the midday break or at the end of the day, but the rest of the time we just opt out. I've also decided we'll only stay at EPCOT area resorts, especially now that the kids are older. Two parks within walking distance is great!

Where did you rent the car from and how much was it? If you don't mind me asking.

We are going out in March for a honeymoon! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter