Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Returning to BWI for a conference in June/girls' weekend! Interesting that the general summer discount rate was better than the AP rate for our stay. Have only stayed CL at BWI, and booked in regular standard room this time. Wondering whether it makes sense to add any room requests. We usually request boardwalk view/close to lounge, but neither of those is relevant this time. Although it would be great to have a decent view.
I would absolutely add a room location request to a Standard View room. The Standard View is also a Garden/Epcot View - it's all views except BWV. The possible SV views are: Parking lot, Garden/Epcot and canal. There are also a few SV rooms that have a partial BWV.

My suggestion would be for a 5th floor room (one floor above CL) and Epcot View. These rooms are located not too far from the CL lounge and you have views of gardens, the quiet pool and Epcot in the background. You can even see some of Illuminations. I have some photos of this room/view (pre-rehab) in the ROOM chapter of the thread.

@WDWKOOK , Thank you for posting the Bounceback offer! Already planning a long weekend to WL in December. And our trip is not for another 2 months.
It's great planning ahead and having another trip booked before you leave:)

The laundry room at the BWI is now credit card only. I used it the week of March 14th!
Thank you for confirming this, @happymommy. Now I can add my photos to the laundry section.

Thank you, WDWKOOK for all of your helpful information!!! Looking forward to 14 nights at BWI this summer!!:mickeyjum

We will be there with you for most of the week. Traveling 6/7 to 6/14 and also staying BWI CL. Just wanted to add that my Dad will be with us and he, too, is a Pitt Panther Fan. Mostly basketball, but he has been to several bowl games for Pitt football. You will likely see him with a Pitt hat or shirt throughout the week. :-)
Cool- we fans must stick together because being a Pitt fan can be brutal! My husband probably will be in the gear so we will keep our eyes out for your Dad in his gear!

Returning to BWI for a conference in June/girls' weekend! Interesting that the general summer discount rate was better than the AP rate for our stay. Have only stayed CL at BWI, and booked in regular standard room this time. Wondering whether it makes sense to add any room requests. We usually request boardwalk view/close to lounge, but neither of those is relevant this time. Although it would be great to have a decent view.
Well if you want to face the inner courtyard I would request that. Some standard rooms face the front of the resort so if that's not something you want I would put in a request.

We are staying there in July and my requests are upper floor facing epcot.

It's official- my husband and I are doing a quick adults only 2 night trip here in November - the 14th-16th. So excited! My first stay at this resort! I really want to see Osborne Lights again and we will need to do a miles trip to retain status with our frequent flier program- so it's win win! :) Cannot wait. Need the AP discount to help on the room price, but I am sure it will work out!

So. My friend say France is open in the morning for breakfast? I don't think that's true is it?

So. My friend say France is open in the morning for breakfast? I don't think that's true is it?
did they mean chefs de france? chefs only serves lunch & dinner.
Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles serves sandwiches, pastries, etc
the kiosk, Crepes de Chefs de France serves crepes (obviously ;) )
but....none will be open before WS opens at 11AM.

on the BW, the bakery (fresh baked goodies) & new (sit-down) restaurant serve breakfast.

No. She specially meant the bakery in France. I even asked if she meant BW bakery, but she insisted France's bakery. Thanks for the quick reply

did they mean chefs de france? chefs only serves lunch & dinner.
Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles serves sandwiches, pastries, etc
the kiosk, Crepes de Chefs de France serves crepes (obviously ;) )
but....none will be open before WS opens at 11AM.

on the BW, the bakery (fresh baked goodies) & new (sit-down) restaurant serve breakfast.

No. She specially meant the bakery in France. I even asked if she meant BW bakery, but she insisted France's bakery. Thanks for the quick reply

The bakery in France is open before WS opens to the public! There are cast members standing guard to ensure that you don't go further than just the bakery. I am not sure if they let you in from FW or if you have to arrive from International gateway only. But it is for sure open in the morning! :)

The bakery in France is open before WS opens to the public! There are cast members standing guard to ensure that you don't go further than just the bakery. I am not sure if they let you in from FW or if you have to arrive from International gateway only. But it is for sure open in the morning! :)

Oh thanks!!

Only Les Halles is open and they have a wonderful all-day MENU.

This is correct! Les Halles opens at 9:00.

Thank you, WDWKOOK for all of your helpful information!!! Looking forward to 14 nights at BWI this summer!!:mickeyjum

You're welcome and two weeks is fantastic!!

It's official- my husband and I are doing a quick adults only 2 night trip here in November - the 14th-16th. So excited! My first stay at this resort! I really want to see Osborne Lights again and we will need to do a miles trip to retain status with our frequent flier program- so it's win win! :) Cannot wait. Need the AP discount to help on the room price, but I am sure it will work out!
Win-win indeed and I'll log your dates:)

Interesting! (allears doesn't note an early opening, but Disney site does indeed say 9AM:thumbsup2).

I wonder if it's always been (curious, as WS has been blocked whenever we've had early tours), or changed after the renovation.
no matter what, i'm looking forward to trying a breakfast goody there next month - thank you for the correction :goodvibes

Interesting! (allears doesn't note an early opening, but Disney site does indeed say 9AM:thumbsup2).

I wonder if it's always been (curious, as WS has been blocked whenever we've had early tours), or changed after the renovation.
no matter what, i'm looking forward to trying a breakfast goody there next month - thank you for the correction :goodvibes
Yea I'm not sure when it started but it was for sure in place in Nov 2013. Enjoy!

Now that my Disney Cruise spring break is over, I want to add my BWV trip for 12/19-24, Boardwalk View. Our daughter's 9th birthday is the 21st! (It will take some early/over preparing for Christmas and birthday, but should be so great)

We arrive in 52 days. I'm not sure what to put in for my room requests. All I care about is being as close to DHS as possible. I'm not seeing how the requests online will help...should I call and ask for a canal view?

We arrive in 52 days. I'm not sure what to put in for my room requests. All I care about is being as close to DHS as possible. I'm not seeing how the requests online will help...should I call and ask for a canal view?

I would call and add a request of "close to Hollywood Studios". The room assigner will know what you are looking for.

It did change after the renovation! We haven't done the breakfast there ourselves though, always doing the quick stroll to Soarin or Test Track. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter