Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Have a great time!

I made flight reservations on Southwest for my next trip this morning. We are reversing the order this time, from Dolphin first then BW to BW first then Dolphin. Can’t wait to hit the pools as it will be warmer.

I wonder if WDW is investigating the possibility of self-driving busses? I know they have tried that in Las Vegas, with mixed results. A controlled, low-velocity environment like WDW might be great for that. They could have some with drivers to help folks who need it, and some without drivers, but in general just have more busses overall at less cost per bus.

Agreed - I am done with Disney transportation after my December trip. We spent a ridiculous amount of time waiting for buses and then standing with our 2 and 4 year olds on packed buses. Either we only visit parks and restaurants that are walkable from our resort(s) or we have a car. I'm done wasting time waiting on buses and broken monorails.

Our first night of our last trip, Wednesday, 1.30, the monorail was inoperative for hours. It was a total mess, Especially since MK had evening extra hours. Busses could not keep up. Took us an hour to get to our reservation at the Wave. It was very cold and windy but if we had known how screwed up things were we would have walked.

Last edited:
I wonder if WDW is investigating the possibility of self-driving busses? I know they have tried that in Las Vegas, with mixed results. A controlled, low-velocity environment like WDW might be great for that. They could have some with drivers to help folks who need it, and some without drivers, but in general just have more busses overall at less cost per bus.
With the traffic around WDW I just don't know how that would work. It's so stop and go and it seems in perpetual construction too

The drivers are the cheapest part sad to say but true.

So many nice Disney bus drivers I might add also.

The drivers are the cheapest part sad to say but true.

So many nice Disney bus drivers I might add also.

I'm not sure that is the case. In most American operations, labor is the biggest cost. Even at Disney, where that includes CMs, bus drivers, and really high-tech expensive attractions. That's why we see Disney closing down half a ride or a snack stand when crowd levels are lower, (which means the feel of the crowd is higher). One would think that the cost to give more hours to a CM would be minimal, but it isn't. As a general rule, the cost of employing a person is about double what their actual pay is, and even more than that in high-turnover positions, because of the training and lost productivity.

Also, labor is flexible where sunk costs like equipment are not, and can't be depreciated and deducted from taxes like equipment, either.

Automation is big and getting bigger, everywhere. About half of us have jobs at risk from this- I guess I'm expecting Disney will be keeping up with every other company out there. It's sad because we will lose that personal touch- but I'm sure it will be marketed as "modern" and "technologically advanced".

I'm not sure that is the case. In most American operations, labor is the biggest cost. Even at Disney, where that includes CMs, bus drivers, and really high-tech expensive attractions. That's why we see Disney closing down half a ride or a snack stand when crowd levels are lower, (which means the feel of the crowd is higher). One would think that the cost to give more hours to a CM would be minimal, but it isn't. As a general rule, the cost of employing a person is about double what their actual pay is, and even more than that in high-turnover positions, because of the training and lost productivity.

Also, labor is flexible where sunk costs like equipment are not, and can't be depreciated and deducted from taxes like equipment, either.

Automation is big and getting bigger, everywhere. About half of us have jobs at risk from this- I guess I'm expecting Disney will be keeping up with every other company out there. It's sad because we will lose that personal touch- but I'm sure it will be marketed as "modern" and "technologically advanced".

Or the ever popular “industry standard.”

Or the ever popular “industry standard.”
Yes. I do hope that Disney continues to exceed industry standards, though, and that these types of business calculations don't take over. I get enough of the real world every day- I love it that Disney has managed to stay one step ahead of it so far- I do feel it's one of the few places where I can be my dorky self and take a break from the "real world" which is highly overrated, in my opinion. :)

Still trying to decide one BWI or studio villa for free dining in July for myself DH DD18 and DNiece 18. They are pretty much the same price. Any opinions either way?
BWI hotel rooms will have at least two real beds. BWV studio will have one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and one bunk sized Murphy bed (smaller than twin sized).

enhance

Flying out bright and early tomorrow morning to head to my favorite resort, BWI! So excited to get there and see my favorite cast members.

Have a great trip :wizard:.

I made flight reservations on Southwest for my next trip this morning. We are reversing the order this time, from Dolphin first then BW to BW first then Dolphin. Can’t wait to hit the pools as it will be warmer.

Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

Do they still do the seaside sprint fun run? If so what days and does it seems like this is ongoing and will likely be there in June or is it more of a testing thing that is likely to be gone? I"m not going to plan our days around it, but thought it would be fun if my DH and older son did it one morning, but wanted to know what days it is currently offered to even know if it's a possibility.

Do they still do the seaside sprint fun run? If so what days and does it seems like this is ongoing and will likely be there in June or is it more of a testing thing that is likely to be gone? I"m not going to plan our days around it, but thought it would be fun if my DH and older son did it one morning, but wanted to know what days it is currently offered to even know if it's a possibility.

We were just there last week. I think the race was Friday am. We received a pre recorded phone call message about it.

We were just there last week. I think the race was Friday am. We received a pre recorded phone call message about it.

Thanks! Unfortunately we check in Friday and only stay 4 nights, so if they don't change the days it won't work, but it was just a fun addition anyway so not a big deal. I'll keep my eye out or check when we get there to see if anything changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter