Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

The parks really did not feel crowded at all. We too, did FP and the rode rides in between. Waits were anywhere from 10 to 35 minutes.we did have ADRs and at Via Napoli, Be Our Guest they were not taking walk ups. I am sure you will have a great time!

Thanks for the info. It's just what I wanted to hear about the crowds!!

We've never done ADRs and we do usually manage to get into the places we want. Personally don't have any desire to go to Be Our Guest. We did love Via Napoli last year, so hopefully we'll be able to get in there. Maybe I'll make some reservations at places when we are there - either a few days before or day of.

I'm really getting used to this type of vacation with just the 2 of us. Love my 2 now-grown kids to death, but man we sure are enjoying ourselves.

Quick question for all of you BWI experts out there:

We made these reservations through a travel agent, and she said she requested what I indicated as far as room choice. I also did whatever I was able to do on the online check-in form.

Here's my thought: we absolutely LOVED the room we had during this exact same week last year. That's what I'm trying to accomplish this year. I'd like either the same room, or one very very close to it - same side of the building, same floor, etc.

Is there an email or other means of communicating directly with the hotel that I could use to send one more follow-up request to try to get the room? Do I just leave it to chance at this point? We check-in on Saturday.

Thanks in advance.

Quick question for all of you BWI experts out there: We made these reservations through a travel agent, and she said she requested what I indicated as far as room choice. I also did whatever I was able to do on the online check-in form. Here's my thought: we absolutely LOVED the room we had during this exact same week last year. That's what I'm trying to accomplish this year. I'd like either the same room, or one very very close to it - same side of the building, same floor, etc. Is there an email or other means of communicating directly with the hotel that I could use to send one more follow-up request to try to get the room? Do I just leave it to chance at this point? We check-in on Saturday. Thanks in advance.

What room was it? What did you love about it?

I really can't believe how much I love my room at BWV.

I guess I got really lucky with where my room is located, great view, short walk to the elevator. I timed it out this afternoon, from my door to the bus stop was less than 2 1/2 minutes, and that included stopping to stare at a brand new Audi R8 with a sick chrome paint job.

Room 5278

Now, last year was our first year at the Boardwalk, so I've got nothing to compare it to . . .

However, my husband and I absolutely loved the room. The view was fantastic. We could watch the Epcot fireworks right from our balcony. We saw the Eiffel Tower during the day from the balcony. For us, it was really about that view.

The walk to the elevator was fine - not sure what others would think, but to us it was great. If we got the same room this year, needless to say, we'd be very very happy.

Are you staying at BCV (Beach Club Villas) or BWV (Boardwalk Villas)? What size villa do you have? If you are at the BWV and in a studio, the Village Green will give you a slight view of the Boardwalk and the lagoon. It's my understanding that there are only studios on the Village Green. We had a Luna Park studio many years ago it tended to be a bit noisier during the day.

Oops sorry I am staying in a studio BWV!

Just wanted some experienced opinions it is our first stay at BCV, we are DVC. Would you request Quiet Pool view, Luna Pool view or Village Green and why? I booked garden/pool view Thank you!!!!!:flower3:

Sorry all I meant a studio at BWV lol!!

I would request Village Green or close to elevator. I had a pool/garden studio in 2013, I requested Village Green and ended up about 4 doors from the elevator, top floor above the main pool. It was really nice.

I would request Village Green or close to elevator. I had a pool/garden studio in 2013, I requested Village Green and ended up about 4 doors from the elevator, top floor above the main pool. It was really nice.

I'm confused.. were you facing the pool? or facing the courtyard in front of the lobby stairs, with a partial view of crescent lake and the boardwalk? becuase I thought that is what village green is. I did not think it was a view of the Luna pool?

now with a pool/preferred view, I guess that would be my second choice..
1. village green (facing the courtyard in front of the lobby)
2. Luna pool, as close to the elevator as possible (ie, across the hall from the village green rooms)

so am I mistaken?

I'm confused.. were you facing the pool? or facing the courtyard in front of the lobby stairs, with a partial view of crescent lake and the boardwalk? becuase I thought that is what village green is. I did not think it was a view of the Luna pool?

2. Luna pool, as close to the elevator as possible (ie, across the hall from the village green rooms)

so am I mistaken?

Nope...I think you got it right.:thumbsup2

so am I mistaken?

I think I got it. She said she requested Village Green, but got a pool view close to the elevator (Instead.) So she didn't get her request, but what she got was still nice. :thumbsup2

Am I going to be crazy not putting in any requests? We've got a standard view studio villa, we're both fit and able to walk, and we've never stayed at BWV before. Will I regret just letting chance guide us?

Am I going to be crazy not putting in any requests? We've got a standard view studio villa, we're both fit and able to walk, and we've never stayed at BWV before. Will I regret just letting chance guide us?

To be honest, there's only 1 area that you'll possibly have being in a standard view. It's the area overlooking the main entrance, and the bus stop area, or parking lot. Usually people in this are/standard want to request close to elevators, because the hallways are rather long...But if you're on a lower floor than it shouldn't be a huge concern.:confused3

We've been to WDW now annually or more for the past 10 years, and I have not put in a request more than a couple of times. I guess I figured that if my request wasn't filled, then I would end up disappointed. I think the worst standard studios are near the DME luggage racks. But, those rooms are near the elevator which make it convenient. I like the front lawn/fountain/parking lot view, but have no idea how to request it.

I think I got it. She said she requested Village Green, but got a pool view close to the elevator (Instead.) So she didn't get her request, but what she got was still nice. :thumbsup2

Yes, that is correct. They even double checked at the front desk if any Village Green rooms were available and there were not. But the main pool view was nice:

ry%3D400

Yes, that is correct. They even double checked at the front desk if any Village Green rooms were available and there were not. But the main pool view was nice:

ry%3D400

Wow!! That is Nice....Was that 5th floor? Right ?

We're here now in a one bedroom villa. We're a long walk from the elevators but I really like this view. We overlook the waterway and the Swan and Dolphin. It's really quiet here. Now and then I see carts outside that appear to be piled up with linens or towels. They clatter a bit, then they're gone. Back to the peaceful view. I don't expect to spend a lot of time on the balcony but it's nice to have a pleasant place to relax.

I posted this week that the DISboards would be converting its forum hosting software from vBulletin to XenForo. The date for the migration has been changed to 2/1. Expect the DISboards to be down for part/most of Sunday. When it's back online, there will be some tweaking that will need to be done. Everything will be formatted a bit differently and there will be some editing that I'll need to do to the information at the beginning of the thread. Signature blocks should remain the same as well as user-selected avatars. DISboard-provided avatars will have to be re-posted by the user and post counts will be calculated based on actual number of posts. Smilies will also be disabled until they are all manually re-entered into the new software.

finally got our march 28th trip rescheduled (poor mom broke her ankle and just had surgery) to Oct 3-10th, 2015. Will be our first trip during Food & Wine and we are VERY excited to get back to the BW! :cheer2::cheer2:
especially fun to think about when theres nearly 3 feet of snow outside!
Yippee for the re-booking. Will mom need an ECV or will she be all healed by then? Three feet of snow is three too many:(

Stacey, I am sorry I missed you too, but you were right to stay home. I know what you went through, have been through that with Suzy. Never know when we will pop up again.

Kook, we are hoping to come down the first week of May and again in December.
Sounds like a great plan, Kerry:)

Kook- I think u have us for family trip in June. June 17-27. The spot was caught early enough no time to develop but she has to be checked every 3 mo for awhile. Better than the alternative. Thanks for the thoughts:)
I'm so sorry you all are going through this, but it's always great to have a Disney distraction:hug:

I really can't believe how much I love my room at BWV.

I guess I got really lucky with where my room is located, great view, short walk to the elevator. I timed it out this afternoon, from my door to the bus stop was less than 2 1/2 minutes, and that included stopping to stare at a brand new Audi R8 with a sick chrome paint job.
Sounds like a room you'll want again;). Was it red?:cool2:
images

Room 5278

Now, last year was our first year at the Boardwalk, so I've got nothing to compare it to . . .

However, my husband and I absolutely loved the room. The view was fantastic. We could watch the Epcot fireworks right from our balcony. We saw the Eiffel Tower during the day from the balcony. For us, it was really about that view.

The walk to the elevator was fine - not sure what others would think, but to us it was great. If we got the same room this year, needless to say, we'd be very very happy.
I would go ahead and request "Room 5278 or any room near it" since it's the proximity you want. It's like requesting a "high floor with an Epcot View."

Here now and LOVIN it! Off to Epcot.
:yay: Give a hug to Duffy for me.

That is a nice view, Debbie.

We're here now in a one bedroom villa. We're a long walk from the elevators but I really like this view. We overlook the waterway and the Swan and Dolphin. It's really quiet here. Now and then I see carts outside that appear to be piled up with linens or towels. They clatter a bit, then they're gone. Back to the peaceful view. I don't expect to spend a lot of time on the balcony but it's nice to have a pleasant place to relax.
Thanks for checking in with us, Kay. Enjoy the rest of your snowless vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter