• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thank you! I will check that out! Is it small? I think that's one thing I'm looking for if I need an appliance is that it is compact and easy to pack.
Do the resorts still have microwaves you can request for your room? This is how I make my tea at home.

Am I correct in my thinking that BWI does not have any kind of "marketplace?" Such as an area with refrigerated items, quick meals, etc.? Maybe a place to get hot water for tea? Use of a microwave?
At the Screen Door last year I picked up a few things - greek yogurt, milk, oj. They did have some smart ones frozen meals , frozen burritos, stouffer's lasagne
Grab and Go kind of stuff is definitely at the bakery, you can got hot water there for sure

Thank you for this info- I was going crazy trying to figure out why there was no availability for breakfast after mid-March...

Same - I've been trying to book a breakfast reservation for the end of April for months. I wonder if they took availability offline for some reason until they could get this announced.

First time at BWI. We usually stay at BC but the rates were too high this time. Booked standard view 3/26 to 3/28/17 with DH, DD(11) and DS(13). Would like to request for room near elevator close to Epcot. Which building should I request for? Also Which building is close to the big pool? DD and I usually like to do MK late at night until closing so how far is the bus stop to the building? Any help would be appreciated.

All this discussion about making tea has my attention. Do you mean to tell me there is no kettle, stovetop OR electric in the suites? We are staying for 8 nights and this is practically a deal breaker, lol.

I'm very excited to check this out!

Thank you for this info- I was going crazy trying to figure out why there was no availability for breakfast after mid-March...

I totally tried to go book a breakfast ressie for our trip in April, but couldn't find any availability. Although we won't be at Boardwalk for that trip so it might wait till November. I think they are holding the reservations till they release booking for this.

All this discussion about making tea has my attention. Do you mean to tell me there is no kettle, stovetop OR electric in the suites? We are staying for 8 nights and this is practically a deal breaker, lol.

I'm sure there are options in the DVC suites. I'm staying at the hotel/inn side so we won't have a kitchen. Hopefully this helps! :)

Inn or DVC? DVC has microwaves in the studios and a full kitchen in the 1 and 2 bedrooms. There is a coffee pot in the Inn rooms.

We are renting DVC points, so that side. We will be in a 2 bedroom so I am guessing there will be a kettle of some sort there. Phew, had me in a panic for a minute there, lol.

We are renting DVC points, so that side. We will be in a 2 bedroom so I am guessing there will be a kettle of some sort there. Phew, had me in a panic for a minute there, lol.

There's a full kitchen. If there isn't a tea kettle you should be able to request it. Otherwise there would be a pot that could be used to heat up water on the stove or the microwave.

We're here for a long weekend and staying at the Grand Floridian in a studio. I kiss the Boardwalk. Let's just say, I am not impressed. A studio here does not compare to the Boardwalk.

There's a full kitchen. If there isn't a tea kettle you should be able to request it. Otherwise there would be a pot that could be used to heat up water on the stove or the microwave.

No actual kettle/tea pot, but other pots and pans plus the microwave. We didn't even think of requesting one though.

We're here for a long weekend and staying at the Grand Floridian in a studio. I kiss the Boardwalk. Let's just say, I am not impressed. A studio here does not compare to the Boardwalk.

Really? We only did one night pre-cruise, but we liked the physical room we had, lake view studio at VGF. But you do feel really out of the way. A lot of points, too.

I feel for everyone who is visiting during the pool closures. I wish the full extent of them had been announced earlier. We were deciding between Wilderness Lodge and BWI/V for the second half of our split stay and ended up choosing BWV due to all the construction going on still at WL.

We will be upset if the pool/slide is still not operational when we arrive 3/5. We have stayed at the Yacht Club before and used Storm-a-long Bay. This time we were intentionally trying something different (& having to take a boat ride or longer walk to visit a pool really cuts down on access to quick dips in it).

I don't know what it is about GF studios, but they leave me cold. However I think the larger GF units are wonderful, and I love the resort overall.

By contrast, Boardwalk is not my favorite resort overall as the theme is not my cup of tea, but I think the studios there are among the nicest of DVC studios. (I'm also in love with the garden suites on the Inn side, and the club level there.)

We checked in to boardwalk today. We had received the email that the pool would be closed. It is open and the front desk said it is not scheduled to close. The inn side pool will be closed 2/13-2/15.

We checked in to boardwalk today. We had received the email that the pool would be closed. It is open and the front desk said it is not scheduled to close. The inn side pool will be closed 2/13-2/15.

I got home today and was told it would close on 2/6

Spoke to the bar tender at the pool bar tonight and he also said the pool would close 2/6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter