Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are going in mid November to the villas and just got a notice that there would be construction and a lot of extra noise while we were there :( Any luck in trying to change your reservation or any other concessions in this case. There was no notice when we booked months ago!
If you are DVC member (or booked through a DVC member) I would say no. Availabilty in November is pretty much non existent at this point and I am not aware of any concessions like those made for bookings at VWL prior to the construction announcement there. That construction project was a lot more intrusive then what is going on at BWI/BWV so It doesn't seem Disney plans to handle it the same way. However, if you have a cash reservation through Disney you could try to call them and see if they could help you switch to a comparable resort without a huge price difference.

I am so excited, we arrive in 2 days!!

I was thinking of ordering a couple things from the shop parks app and have them delivered to the resort. Can anyone tell me if I do will it be at the front desk waiting for me at check-in, or would it be in the business center? I'm not sure how it works if things are coming from within the parks. Thanks!

Does every BWI room have a full balcony? What do you recommend for standard class online check-in room requests? Thanks!

Many thanks to those who responded to my inquiry about where to eat without an ADR for 8pm arrival. Some, I was familiar with, but others I wasn't (like Picabu and Crews Cup). Never went to a lounge at Disney, can children bee seated there? Sadly, we will not have a ticket to use for Epcot that evening. So, we will be limited to what is in immediate area. Thanks again.

Many thanks to those who responded to my inquiry about where to eat without an ADR for 8pm arrival. Some, I was familiar with, but others I wasn't (like Picabu and Crews Cup). Never went to a lounge at Disney, can children bee seated there? Sadly, we will not have a ticket to use for Epcot that evening. So, we will be limited to what is in immediate area. Thanks again.

We have been bringing our kids to Disney lounges for years! There are a couple exceptions, like Trader Sam's doesn't allow kids after a certain time (it was 8pm when we were there earlier this year.) I know some will disagree, but we find all of Disney very family friendly and the lounges that serve food have been a great alternative when we don't want CS but don't want to be tied to an ADR. Crew's cup is on our list for marathon weekend!

I check-in tomorrow to BWI!!!!:yay: I'm going to do my best to post live updates in my PTR/TR (link is in my signature - My Oct 2016 PTR) so if you want to follow along - please do!

I've heard about how the painting currently going on at BWI involves hammering, saws and lots of noise in general. Hoping they will take a break for the weekend!

Does every BWI room have a full balcony? What do you recommend for standard class online check-in room requests? Thanks!
No, only floors 2-5 have any type of balcony, as you might expect, the first floor rooms have patios. The lobby is located on the 2nd floor.

Now, there are a couple of different types of balcony rooms. Some have a full open balcony, others have an awning/building façade overhang, and finally some have a somewhat "enclosed" balcony with an opening just a little wider than the width of the railing / door opening.

My personal recommendation for a standard view BWI room would be the block of standard rooms on the 5th floor, short hallways close to the elevators. Odd numbered: 5279-5311, the first couple of rooms starting at 5279 actually overlook the Village Green and the last room in the block is 5311 (King bed/sleeper sofa with a connecting door to room 5309). The higher number rooms overlook the front drive, the BWV, HS and the Tower of Terror.

The even numbered rooms 5266-5308 overlook a courtyard with local views that are often blocked by trees but offer some good views of the Epcot WS skyline, you can see the Eifel tower and high fireworks from some rooms (5268-5276).

Notes: Check the Online "Check-in" options as they have recently changed again, if you are comfortable with the online choices then go ahead and make your requests. I would suggest that you consider calling CRO at (407) 939-1936, 800 16 90 730 (UK), 1800 812 676 (IE).

Dave

Checking in to the BWV in 20 days!!!! We have a one bedroom standard view booked, but have not put our room requests in yet. I would love to hear/see pics of your favorite 1 bedroom standard view room :-)

Checking in to the BWV in 20 days!!!! We have a one bedroom standard view booked, but have not put our room requests in yet. I would love to hear/see pics of your favorite 1 bedroom standard view room :-)
Did you book with cash, or with DVC points? It makes a difference as to "standard view". If you booked with cash, your standard view will most likely be a pool/garden view. With points, a standard view is along the front driveway and around the corner.

Denise

Checking in to the BWV in 20 days!!!! We have a one bedroom standard view booked, but have not put our room requests in yet. I would love to hear/see pics of your favorite 1 bedroom standard view room

A few years ago we booked a standard view 1BR once with cash and got a room that looked out over the pool and the clown face. :eek:

I know some folks are creeped out by the clown but it didn't bother us.

It was a corner room at the end of a long hall. I have forgotten the room number.

Wishing you a magical trip!

Darn we will just miss you! We are arriving late on 12/3 and staying one night at the Swan (couldn't beat the price just to sleep) and then heading to the BWI CL on the 4. Hope you have a great time, wish we could have had a chance to meet you. I love being able to put faces to some of the people that I read almost every day on the DIS.
You'll be there the same time as we are!

We are actually going to be at BWV, not BWI, in a 2 bedroom from rented points. It's are first time staying there and I am so excited. My FIL has a convention in Orlando and we convinced my MIL, who has never done Disney before, to come stay in our villa with us. Hoping construction doesn't turn her off completely, but we have stayed at Wilderness Lodge when they were going major construction on the Villas (and had a "woods" view that turned out to be a view of scrims while they tore down our beautiful woods) and it really didn't seem so bad. Hoping this will be similar. I have wanted to stay at Boardwalk since I first really saw the resort back in 2005. I absolutely cannot wait! No real idea what kind of view or room we will have (rented points for a preferred view) but I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed no matter what. Who can argue with being able to walk to DHS (my favorite) and Epcot (my daughter's favorite)? I guess my husband will have to settle for a bus to his favorite (MK).

Our waitlist for a 2 BR Boardwalk view in April/May came through earlier this week, so we've got that going for us. This will be our first trip as DVC members*.

*by members I mean we purchased resale after 4/4/16 and I still don't know the proper term for is for us since we don't receive all the benefits.

Our waitlist for a 2 BR Boardwalk view in April/May came through earlier this week, so we've got that going for us. This will be our first trip as DVC members*.

*by members I mean we purchased resale after 4/4/16 and I still don't know the proper term for is for us since we don't receive all the benefits.
Happy planning! :sunny:

FYI just got the construction letter in my mail yesterday for our stay January 28-February 3rd

I might be the current leader for latest stay while receiving the dreaded letter

FYI just got the construction letter in my mail yesterday for our stay January 28-February 3rd

I might be the current leader for latest stay while receiving the dreaded letter

Does it matter what room category you booked with regards to getting a construction letter? I booked weeks ago for 1/25-1/30, deluxe room-club level but have yet to receive the dreaded letter.

Does it matter what room category you booked with regards to getting a construction letter? I booked weeks ago for 1/25-1/30, deluxe room-club level but have yet to receive the dreaded letter.
Were booked Dec.4-10 deluxe room club level and received the dreaded letter a couple of weeks ago.

Nov 16 thru 22. We didn't get any letter yet. I sure hope we never do! We love the clown slide.

No, only floors 2-5 have any type of balcony, as you might expect, the first floor rooms have patios. The lobby is located on the 2nd floor.

Now, there are a couple of different types of balcony rooms. Some have a full open balcony, others have an awning/building façade overhang, and finally some have a somewhat "enclosed" balcony with an opening just a little wider than the width of the railing / door opening.

My personal recommendation for a standard view BWI room would be the block of standard rooms on the 5th floor, short hallways close to the elevators. Odd numbered: 5279-5311, the first couple of rooms starting at 5279 actually overlook the Village Green and the last room in the block is 5311 (King bed/sleeper sofa with a connecting door to room 5309). The higher number rooms overlook the front drive, the BWV, HS and the Tower of Terror.

The even numbered rooms 5266-5308 overlook a courtyard with local views that are often blocked by trees but offer some good views of the Epcot WS skyline, you can see the Eifel tower and high fireworks from some rooms (5268-5276).

Notes: Check the Online "Check-in" options as they have recently changed again, if you are comfortable with the online choices then go ahead and make your requests. I would suggest that you consider calling CRO at (407) 939-1936, 800 16 90 730 (UK), 1800 812 676 (IE).

Dave

Do you have any thoughts on the best location for preferred view rooms? I booked a Studio with DVC points and wonder what rooms might have the best view.

Do you have any thoughts on the best location for preferred view rooms? I booked a Studio with DVC points and wonder what rooms might have the best view.
What category room did you book with points? Standard, pool/garden, or boardwalk view? If your "preferred view" is a pool/garden view, you will face the main pool, the quiet pool, the canal, or perhaps the Village Green.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter