Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We just got back yesterday from our first BWV stay. We had a Boardwalk view studio - #4031 - and our room and view was AMAZING. Epcot fireworks every night. The kids loved it.

I adored the resort but for our family, I think it's a little more adult friendly than kid friendly. We ate at the resort more often than I anticipated (mainly due to me acquiring food poisoning - ugh) and really missed the food court style offerings of moderates and values for the kids. The magic band scanner at Boardwalk To Go was also down one night which totally screwed us... we had to pay OOP for one meal and then ended up having to bring home 15 snacks that we didn't really want.

The kids loved the pool. Also loved running around the lawn area. We loved the walk to Epcot and the boat to HS. The buses were terrible though. The worst I've ever experienced at any of my stays. I LOOOOOOOOVED having a balcony. The kids could go to bed and I could still stay up a little bit and read out on the balcony without disturbing them. It was great and I'm probably ruined from all non-balcony rooms from now on, lol.

We just got back yesterday from our first BWV stay. We had a Boardwalk view studio - #4031 - and our room and view was AMAZING. Epcot fireworks every night. The kids loved it.

I adored the resort but for our family, I think it's a little more adult friendly than kid friendly. We ate at the resort more often than I anticipated (mainly due to me acquiring food poisoning - ugh) and really missed the food court style offerings of moderates and values for the kids. The magic band scanner at Boardwalk To Go was also down one night which totally screwed us... we had to pay OOP for one meal and then ended up having to bring home 15 snacks that we didn't really want.

The kids loved the pool. Also loved running around the lawn area. We loved the walk to Epcot and the boat to HS. The buses were terrible though. The worst I've ever experienced at any of my stays. I LOOOOOOOOVED having a balcony. The kids could go to bed and I could still stay up a little bit and read out on the balcony without disturbing them. It was great and I'm probably ruined from all non-balcony rooms from now on, lol.

How are the buses terrible? Please explain.

I am going to guess that it has more to do with the long wait (sometimes) for busses returning to the resort from the theme parks. I'm not sure how, but it seems like Disney has figure out how to do things well from resorts to parks, but not coming back the other way.

This has been our experience as well, which is only with Deluxes. Never waited for more than 10 minutes for a bus to the parks from our resort. But we have had some awful waits waiting on the return bus. Especially in off hours like early afternoon.

We are supposed to check in at BWV on rented points early Wed morning from the northeast, and we are supposed to get a storm started Tuesday afternoon, and I’m afraid our flight might be cancelled. Does anyone have the front desk number for BWV, so I could call and alert them if this happens? TIA!

I hope the storm doesn't delay your flight/trip and you get to Disney as scheduled :wizard:.

Thanks for your review. Sorry about the food poisoning and the buses, but hope you had a nice stay overall :).

This has been our experience as well, which is only with Deluxes. Never waited for more than 10 minutes for a bus to the parks from our resort. But we have had some awful waits waiting on the return bus. Especially in off hours like early afternoon.

My guess is, it's the time of day, not the direction (resort to park versus park to resort). I bet there are more buses running in the morning than in the early afternoon. My guess is that if people try to go from resort to park in early afternoon, they would have longer waits than people who try go to from resort to park in the morning. But I have not timed it out because I, like many people, go to the parks in the morning not the afternoon.

We are supposed to check in at BWV on rented points early Wed morning from the northeast, and we are supposed to get a storm started Tuesday afternoon, and I’m afraid our flight might be cancelled. Does anyone have the front desk number for BWV, so I could call and alert them if this happens? TIA!
You need to contact the member you rented from.

Hi,

I am getting conflicting information about bus sharing at BWI. Who does BWI share buses with? And when? Thanks!
The only time is it 100% shared in my experience is for DS. Then, the entire Epcot resort area shares, Swan/Dolphin/YC/BC/BWI
AK/MK is sometimes it shares, sometimes it doesn't. It's just about impossible to know when you board if it's going to be sharing or not.
Usually, early morning and late night is not shared and mid day is. But even that is not 100%
AK seemed to share more than MK

The magic band scanner at Boardwalk To Go was also down one night which totally screwed us... we had to pay OOP for one meal and then ended up having to bring home 15 snacks that we didn't really want.

I know this doesn’t help you now but a heads up for anyone else - if this happens and you’re on the DDP and have to pay out of pocket, visit concierge at your hotel the next day and they should be able to apply your credits and refund your money. The Magic Band system went down one night while we were eating at Boathouse so we had to pay OOP and the next morning a cast member helped us out.

Still trying to decide one BWI or studio villa for free dining in July for myself DH DD18 and DNiece 18. They are pretty much the same price. Any opinions either way?

How are the buses terrible? Please explain.

Sorry I didn't expand! The wait in the morning from BWV to MK & AK was really excessive. We've stayed at multiple other resorts and this is the longest we've ever had to wait for a bus. Even the cast members at the bus stop said that it was out of the ordinary and the wait times were much longer than they should have been and normally are.

I know this doesn’t help you now but a heads up for anyone else - if this happens and you’re on the DDP and have to pay out of pocket, visit concierge at your hotel the next day and they should be able to apply your credits and refund your money. The Magic Band system went down one night while we were eating at Boathouse so we had to pay OOP and the next morning a cast member helped us out.

This would have been SOOOO helpful to know, thank you!! I will definitely keep it mind for future trips if something similar ever happens again. I wish the CMs working the stand would have been able to tell us that.

I have just kind of given up on the busses. We spend so much on a Disney vacay that a Lyft or Minnie Van ride is but a mere drop in the bucket, yet reduces stress significantly. Sometimes I don't mind waiting, like going back for the midday break or at the end of the day, but the rest of the time we just opt out. I've also decided we'll only stay at EPCOT area resorts, especially now that the kids are older. Two parks within walking distance is great!

We also have decided to limit our WDW trips to Epcot area resorts, including the Dolphin. We have given up on magical express too. We used a car service with a grocery stop for this last trip. I was shocked at how much less stress we had on both arrival and departure. And we didn’t have to wait for a amazon prime now delivery either. My husband is 100% happier. It felt more vacation ish.

Last edited:
The only time is it 100% shared in my experience is for DS. Then, the entire Epcot resort area shares, Swan/Dolphin/YC/BC/BWI
AK/MK is sometimes it shares, sometimes it doesn't. It's just about impossible to know when you board if it's going to be sharing or not.
Usually, early morning and late night is not shared and mid day is. But even that is not 100%
AK seemed to share more than MK
Thanks! That explains why I get all the conflicting information!

Update: Flying out a day earlier and staying at a mod for one night before our BWV stay. Thanks for everyone’s input!

I have just kind of given up on the busses. We spend so much on a Disney vacay that a Lyft or Minnie Van ride is but a mere drop in the bucket, yet reduces stress significantly. Sometimes I don't mind waiting, like going back for the midday break or at the end of the day, but the rest of the time we just opt out. I've also decided we'll only stay at EPCOT area resorts, especially now that the kids are older. Two parks within walking distance is great!

Agreed - I am done with Disney transportation after my December trip. We spent a ridiculous amount of time waiting for buses and then standing with our 2 and 4 year olds on packed buses. Either we only visit parks and restaurants that are walkable from our resort(s) or we have a car. I'm done wasting time waiting on buses and broken monorails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter