Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We're heading back to BWV over the 4th of July! Are we crazy? We're thinking of going to Epcot on the 4th but maybe a water park would be a better idea? Maybe that is a good night for (hopefully) Pandora? What do you think?

We're heading back to BWV over the 4th of July! Are we crazy? We're thinking of going to Epcot on the 4th but maybe a water park would be a better idea? Maybe that is a good night for (hopefully) Pandora? What do you think?

We (DH & I) spent July 4th week at Disney this past summer & we found the crowds to be quite manageable. We hit the parks in the AM & then chilled at the pool for the afternoon. On the 4th we spent the day at the pool then were at Epcot from about 4:00pm on & the crowds were manageable until about an hour or so before Illuminations. We didn't try to hit any big attractions, we had dinner at Via Napoli then saw the movies O' Canada & Impressions de France while waiting for Illuminations. We had fp's for the preferred viewing area which came in handy (and was a really good viewpoint considering we didn't check in there til shortly before the fireworks. The hardest part of the evening was exiting the park, it was jammed but we only had to make it to the Int'l Gateway-ah the beauty of staying at the BWI, no waiting with the crowds for a bus. Enjoy your trip!

Hey guys! Glad to be browsing this thread. We are planning to book BWI for Nov. 26 - Dec. 2, it's our dream resort and I'm so excited!!

I'm just looking for a little clarification because I'm a bit confused. I know that if you book a water view you'll either get a pool view or Crescent Lake. But is the only way to be guaranteed a Crescent lake/Boardwalk view by booking Club Level? I really would love to surprise my crew with a Boardwalk view, but not sure I could swing CL... what's my cheapest option to get a good view of anything?

Hey guys! Glad to be browsing this thread. We are planning to book BWI for Nov. 26 - Dec. 2, it's our dream resort and I'm so excited!!

I'm just looking for a little clarification because I'm a bit confused. I know that if you book a water view you'll either get a pool view or Crescent Lake. But is the only way to be guaranteed a Crescent lake/Boardwalk view by booking Club Level? I really would love to surprise my crew with a Boardwalk view, but not sure I could swing CL... what's my cheapest option to get a good view of anything?
I could be wrong but I think the only 2 options are Standard View and Boardwalk View for BVI? So in this case, you would want to book a Boardwalk view. I could be very wrong so please correct if you know!

I could be wrong but I think the only 2 options are Standard View and Boardwalk View for BVI? So in this case, you would want to book a Boardwalk view. I could be very wrong so please correct if you know!

Hey there, thanks for the response! I'm not sure what you meant by BVI. But what confuses me is when I go to book a water view on the Disney website, it says I would get a view of "Crescent Lake or the Boardwalk." This already kinda doesn't make sense to me because wouldn't you automatically get a view of both?? And I don't see any options for a Boardwalk view. (Does this mean rooms are selling out?! I haven't technically booked yet, but should I do it now???)

When I go to the BWI page at Touring plans, it says water view means you'll either get a view of Crescent lake, the canal, or the pool. So which is accurate? And if touring plans is right, doesn't that make the Disney description completely dishonest??

I also checked availability at the villas but they only had standard view deluxe studios or 1 & 2 bedroom standard views.

I honestly wouldn't mind a view of the Canal, that sounds kind of nice. But I never understood the appeal of a pool view. The only way that would interest me is if it was ground level and we could literally step outside our room and be at the pool area, only because BFF is really excited about the pool.

This is so confusing!

Last edited:
Hey there, thanks for the response! I'm not sure what you meant by BVI. But what confuses me is when I go to book a water view on the Disney website, it says I would get a view of "Crescent Lake or the Boardwalk." This already kinda doesn't make sense to me because wouldn't you automatically get a view of both?? And I don't see any options for a Boardwalk view. (Does this mean rooms are selling out?! I haven't technically booked yet, but should I do it now???)

When I go to the BWI page at Touring plans, it says water view means you'll either get a view of Crescent lake, the canal, or the pool. So which is accurate? And if touring plans is right, doesn't that make the Disney description completely dishonest??

I also checked availability at the villas but they only had standard view deluxe studios or 1 & 2 bedroom standard views.

I honestly wouldn't mind a view of the Canal, that sounds kind of nice. But I never understood the appeal of a pool view. The only way that would interest me is if it was ground level and we could literally step outside our room and be at the pool area, only because BFF is really excited about the pool.

This is so confusing!

I'll wait for somebody more familiar with the Inn side to pipe in, but I agree that a boardwalk view equals a Crescent Lake view. At least that's what it means on the villas side.

This is so confusing!
Sorry! I meant BWI, not BVI. I may be confusing the room categories with BWV. I'll let someone with experience answer!

I'm not experienced with BWI, but when I booked for November I had the choice of standard or water/Boardwalk view. I would imagine the later would get you the view you'd like, and you wouldn't need to book club level.

I'm not experienced with BWI, but when I booked for November I had the choice of standard or water/Boardwalk view. I would imagine the later would get you the view you'd like, and you wouldn't need to book club level.
Thanks for the response! We're also going in November, but when I book it gives me a choice between standard or water view. It doesn't say boardwalk view anywhere except in the description of water view(it said I'd get a view of Crescent lake OR Boardwalk, which is still confusing me). Could it be that since I haven't booked yet the only options left are non boardwalk water view rooms?? It still wouldn't explain the very misleading description... maybe I am overthinking it? I really just don't want a pool view to be honest hahaha.

For our last stay (July) we booked a water view room at BWI & I was confused about the Crescent Lake OR Boardwalk view statement too. Turns out it IS the same thing, it just seems to depend on how much of either you'll see from the location of your room-still confused right? So were we so I requested a Boardwalk view & our room overlooked the Village Green area directly over the Belle Vue Lounge. If we looked straight out we could see the boardwalk from the surrey bike stand/boat dock over to Atlantic Dance Hall but if we looked sideways we looked at Crescent Lake & the Yacht Club across the water. If anyone else has an idea, please chime in!

For our last stay (July) we booked a water view room at BWI & I was confused about the Crescent Lake OR Boardwalk view statement too. Turns out it IS the same thing, it just seems to depend on how much of either you'll see from the location of your room-still confused right? So were we so I requested a Boardwalk view & our room overlooked the Village Green area directly over the Belle Vue Lounge. If we looked straight out we could see the boardwalk from the surrey bike stand/boat dock over to Atlantic Dance Hall but if we looked sideways we looked at Crescent Lake & the Yacht Club across the water. If anyone else has an idea, please chime in!
AH thank you for this response, this is what I needed to hear! I'm so glad that threw someone else off too, I was starting to think I was an idiot! :laughing: In that case I am definitely booking water view and I'll just clarify with a request for boardwalk view.

Thank you!

Thanks for the response! We're also going in November, but when I book it gives me a choice between standard or water view. It doesn't say boardwalk view anywhere except in the description of water view(it said I'd get a view of Crescent lake OR Boardwalk, which is still confusing me). Could it be that since I haven't booked yet the only options left are non boardwalk water view rooms?? It still wouldn't explain the very misleading description... maybe I am overthinking it? I really just don't want a pool view to be honest hahaha.

I just looked on the Disney site so I see what you mean. I was on the phone when I booked because I booked with a military discount and had to call so I think she just said something about the Boardwalk to me. Sounds like someone more experienced spoke up. I'd book the water view and then if you have TP use that to look at room views and submit a request. We booked standard because we're running and I thought it would be quieter. Then I saw that we might be able to see Illuminations and out the window went quiet because I wanted a room with that view! LOL!

AH thank you for this response, this is what I needed to hear! I'm so glad that threw someone else off too, I was starting to think I was an idiot! :laughing: In that case I am definitely booking water view and I'll just clarify with a request for boardwalk view.

Thank you!
Nope, I spent over a week thinking I was an idiot because the description just didn't make sense to me. I'm glad I wasn't the only one!!:rotfl2:

I just looked on the Disney site so I see what you mean. I was on the phone when I booked because I booked with a military discount and had to call so I think she just said something about the Boardwalk to me. Sounds like someone more experienced spoke up. I'd book the water view and then if you have TP use that to look at room views and submit a request. We booked standard because we're running and I thought it would be quieter. Then I saw that we might be able to see Illuminations and out the window went quiet because I wanted a room with that view! LOL!

Are you booking BWV or the BWI? If it is the BWI, you will be more likely to see fireworks from the standard view rooms. If it is the villas, you may see Epcot fireworks from the BW view rooms, but some other views may look at DHS fireworks (I am not sure which views would see the DHS fireworks, though).

Crescent lake and BW view are one and the same. Some views look directly down on the boardwalk, some look at the 'courtyard' in front of the lobby, but you see the lake and BW by looking sideways.

Are you booking BWV or the BWI? If it is the BWI, you will be more likely to see fireworks from the standard view rooms. If it is the villas, you may see Epcot fireworks from the BW view rooms, but some other views may look at DHS fireworks (I am not sure which views would see the DHS fireworks, though).

I've booked standard at BWI (c'mon fireworks view!), but said if I were the OP I would book water view.

We are doing a split stay at the poly/bwi in may. We booked standard rooms and want to request rooms that are quiet and ground floor. Does anyone have experience staying in the rooms on the front of the resort toward world showcase? (#1351-1342)? That little courtyard looks lovely and we could spend some time outside while our little napped in the room. Thanks for any advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter