Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Can someone refresh my memory about the refillable mugs - how much are they or are they included with a package deal?

If you are on a Disney dining plan you have credits included for refillable mugs, one per person.

If you are paying out of pocket, there is new tiered pricing tied to activating the RFID chip in the mugs:

1 day $8.99
2 days $11.99
3 days $14.99
Length of stay $17.99

Just checked in 20 minutes ago but their systems are down so they couldn't get us a room. We were issued 3 complimentary 1 day parkhopper tickets coz we weren't supposed to go to the parks today! Whoaaaaaa!!!

If you are on a Disney dining plan you have credits included for refillable mugs, one per person.

If you are paying out of pocket, there is new tiered pricing tied to activating the RFID chip in the mugs:

1 day $8.99
2 days $11.99
3 days $14.99
Length of stay $17.99

$17.99! Yikes! Yes, we are paying out of pocket. What are the drink options? And we can only use these mugs at the resorts, right?

I'm thinking my daughter & I can do without, since we only drink water and I can have my coffee in the room.

Is anyone at AofA now? Is the list of activities available for November? Thanks!!

$17.99! Yikes! Yes, we are paying out of pocket. What are the drink options? And we can only use these mugs at the resorts, right?

The drink options are soda (Coke products, PowerAde, lemonade, etc.), coffee, tea, hot chocolate, Gold Peak iced tea.

Yes, you can only use the mugs at resorts (any resort now, which is a policy change) but not inside parks.

Does anyone know if you can request extra pillows when you get there? Are they fairly quick at bringing extra items or do you need to go get them?

Yes, you can request extra pillows when you get there. I *think* there is usually at least one extra pillow in the room to begin with, but we always request more. You can just call housekeeping from your room when you get there. During the day they usually deliver things pretty quickly (15 minutes or so) but in the evenings it can take longer because there are fewer people working in housekeeping.

Just a thought...you might want to ask about pillows at the front desk when you check in. They might have some there. I know I've gotten towels there but never asked for pillows there.

Super excited!!! We are all set to stay 12/11-12/17 in a LM room. Wondering if there are DVD players in the LM rooms. Everything I've been able to find says that the suites have them, but I haven't been able to find anything about the LM rooms. TIA!!!

Got back from wdw on the 4th after 4 nights at AoA and it is such a lovely resort!! We originally had a LM room booked but upon check in we asked if there were any upgrades available and our check in guy rang the upgrades people and they had a cars suite available but no LK so we took the cars suite - not sure if my friend was all too happy about the switch initially as we had been looking at vids of LM for months haha.

We ended up being in building 3 ground floor where the sheriff is and loved the location! So close to the bus stops, you didn't even need to go through the food court/animation hall to get there. The room is nice and large, both bathrooms were good, beds were amazingly comfy even the table bed which was a surprise to my friend. Our fridge wasn't working but we filled our ice bucket up and put some milk in there then put that in the fridge and it kept the milk cold for the day and most of the night. Only thing we really noticed was the crowds; it seems like everyone is staying there now, after the Halloween party I had to wait 40 minutes for the bus and that's with 3 busses running every few minutes it was so crazy. After Halloween my friend was glad we had changed rooms as we had just barely enough energy to walk to our cars room lol.

We only ate at the food court once this trip and the food was mediocre but then for a value resort maybe that's how the food is? I had the make your own pasta with just Alfredo sauce and chicken and while it was sort of nice there wasn't enough chicken and the pasta was bland tasting. We did enjoy the resort though and will definitely be staying here when we come back state side in 2016, they really do need another standard room area though why they only have one is confusing.

Got back from wdw on the 4th after 4 nights at AoA and it is such a lovely resort!! We originally had a LM room booked but upon check in we asked if there were any upgrades available and our check in guy rang the upgrades people and they had a cars suite available but no LK so we took the cars suite - not sure if my friend was all too happy about the switch initially as we had been looking at vids of LM for months haha.

We ended up being in building 3 ground floor where the sheriff is and loved the location! So close to the bus stops, you didn't even need to go through the food court/animation hall to get there. The room is nice and large, both bathrooms were good, beds were amazingly comfy even the table bed which was a surprise to my friend. Our fridge wasn't working but we filled our ice bucket up and put some milk in there then put that in the fridge and it kept the milk cold for the day and most of the night. Only thing we really noticed was the crowds; it seems like everyone is staying there now, after the Halloween party I had to wait 40 minutes for the bus and that's with 3 busses running every few minutes it was so crazy. After Halloween my friend was glad we had changed rooms as we had just barely enough energy to walk to our cars room lol.

We only ate at the food court once this trip and the food was mediocre but then for a value resort maybe that's how the food is? I had the make your own pasta with just Alfredo sauce and chicken and while it was sort of nice there wasn't enough chicken and the pasta was bland tasting. We did enjoy the resort though and will definitely be staying here when we come back state side in 2016, they really do need another standard room area though why they only have one is confusing.

How much did you have to pay for the upgrade...or was there no charge? We have a LM room booked for 2 nights in June for us 4 girls while the guys will be at Bonnet Creek. I would love an upgrade to a suite:goodvibes and wondered if you got a cheaper price to upgrade than if booked at regular rates

How much did you have to pay for the upgrade...or was there no charge? We have a LM room booked for 2 nights in June for us 4 girls while the guys will be at Bonnet Creek. I would love an upgrade to a suite:goodvibes and wondered if you got a cheaper price to upgrade than if booked at regular rates

I don't think they charged us; there's nothing on our bank statements stating this at all and no mention of a price when we enquired to upgrade how ever can't say for sure if that's normal or we just got lucky so best to ask before you agree to it.

I am missing the US, had such a wonderful time in the 2 weeks I was there.. sad have to wait 3 years before I can return :(

I don't think they charged us; there's nothing on our bank statements stating this at all and no mention of a price when we enquired to upgrade how ever can't say for sure if that's normal or we just got lucky so best to ask before you agree to it.

I am missing the US, had such a wonderful time in the 2 weeks I was there.. sad have to wait 3 years before I can return :(

Great, thanks! Sorry you have such a long time before returning:sad1: I would be sad too if I couldnt go but every 3 years. I'd love to come visit Australia sometime. It looks beautiful:goodvibes

We are going to be staying in a Nemo suite. Can anyone suggest any room request? Is it all one building?

We stayed 2nd floor in Building 5.

Building 5 is closer to the food court and bus stops, though Building 4 is only on the other side of the pool, so both buildings are a very short walk from Animation Hall.

Have a great time, we loved our Nemo suite and the pool! :)

Does anyone know if there's anything like a magnet thing that I can use on my pin instead of drilling a hole in my shirt?

I really don't like pins that use needles.. so if there's a way to get it to switch to a magnet that would be amazing.

We are going to stay at AOA in a lion king suite in December and I am nervous so help me feel better. We normally stay CL at YC or BC, those are our favorites. Our last trip we did wilderness lodge CL and we have also stayed GL and AKL so this is our first week long stay at a value resort. We are changing because we just want to try something different and we have 2 teenagers and a 7 year old so I like the idea of 2 bathrooms and more space. We did stay 1 night in a little mermaid room this past trip because we came in a day early and our oldest skipped that trip. And my little one LOVED the decor at AOA, (he is a lion king fanatic). My DD can't do buses because of motion sickness so we will drive to the park or take a taxi. Any tips for room location? Food options? etc. Also, the rooms do have a microwave and fridge, correct? Is the fridge a mini size or larger? I am on a restrictive diet this time due to medical reasons and will need to prepare breakfast in the room.

We will be at AoA in February and were able to customize our MagicBands today!:) It's being reported that guests arriving in March are also able to customize!!

Ok.. So what are magic bands?

I was going to sign up for it, but I wanted to know about it first.
Also, if we pick magic band, do they still give us cards? I like to keep my cards after :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter