Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Super excited!! Booked at AoA in a LM room for Marathon Weekend - doing the Half!! (Ok, technically room on hold through my TA - deposit to be paid on Friday.)
Congrats!!! That’s the only half I haven’t done...it’s on my list! You’ve got a great loop there for a recovery run and plenty of fun places to lounge before/after if you need them. And a tub for an ice bath if that’s your thing.

Congrats!!! That’s the only half I haven’t done...it’s on my list! You’ve got a great loop there for a recovery run and plenty of fun places to lounge before/after if you need them. And a tub for an ice bath if that’s your thing.

Thanks! It was my firt Half in 2011. I quit running after the summer of 2015 just because it had gotten not fun anymore. I think part of that was I did run/walk and the running club I joined in NYC wasn't the most supportive of that and was super competitive - but when I did Goofy in 2015 and ws using pretty un-Disney-like language and gestures at Sarge along the course and was basically miserable, i needed a break. Changed to TaeKwonDo and loved it...until I had to spar. That is NOT me, and I did not see putting myself through the classes and then the torture of sparring (getting beaten up as "induction") just to get a Black Belt. Found OrangeTheory and have done that like crazy as power walker. In the last couple of months before everything shut down, I'd gotten "jog curious" (my coaches' term for it) and was mixing in some running. Currently have Frozen Shoulder, so even when we can go back, I'll be limited on the floor and probably have to bike rather than row - I can walk and run at my slower pace, so that's something I can do even now. Couple that with watching Avatar the other day and physically missing Pandora and I was like "OK, all signs pointing to DO IT!"

And yeah, the tubs. That was my biggest reason for going AoA. So many of the other resorts have done away with the tubs in most of the rooms!! A nice ice bath followed by a warm shower were always my go-tos!

I've read about 40 pages of this, but I still haven't seen my question really answered, especially following the refurb. I don't have patience to read through the remaining 280 pages, so maybe you all can help me. I'm planning my trip for next year with 3 adults and 3 children (ages 8, 8, and 11). Would we all fit comfortably in a room at AoA, or should we look at 2 rooms somewhere else instead? Usually we sleep one adult and one kid in a bed, but I heard the sofa bed isn't comfortable for adults and I'm assuming our pre-teen will be approaching adult size. Any thoughts?

As long as 2 of those sets of bed partners are ok in double beds, you should be fine. The master bedroom has a queen bed. My adult kids (late teens/early 20's) have slept on the sofa and pull-down bed and have been fine (on 4 different trips) as far as the comfort of the mattress. My son who sleeps on the sofa bed said it's not as comfortable as a regular bed but it's way better than the typical hotel sofa bed. We actually take an air mattress or two (depending on how many of our kids are traveling with us on a trip) so none of the "kids" has to share a bed as they're all restless sleepers and sharing a bed for 7 or 8 nights would not work well for any of them -- no one would get enough sleep and that's the last thing we want happening on a Disney trip. When they were younger/smaller, it wasn't a problem for them to share beds.

If you don't need to have connecting rooms (since they're not guaranteed), it would be less expensive to get 2 rooms and that would give you an extra bed if you're concerned about everyone sharing. It would also give you all queen beds. You would give up a little bit of floor/room space and you'd be losing the microwave if that matters. We prefer to have more floor space/openness, a private master bedroom, and we like to all be under one roof, so the suites work well for us and are worth the extra cost.

Now that some of the dust has settled on the reopening - we are excited to come home to AoA in August! We’ve told our kids it will be a different trip but think we can still have a lot of fun!

A Fun Question about AoA! Any adult fans of AoA? I really enjoy all Disney resorts and we really enjoy our time at the resorts which scream Disney with the bright colors! I really really would like to try out AoA(along with my husband) later in 2021/2022. Even if there are only two of us I think we would enjoy having a suite for something different. The deluxe resorts are pretty to visit during the afternoon but we will love to try this fun resort. I love to hear all the fantastic opinions about AoA! :flower3::yay:Looking forward to returning to Disney in 2021 or 2022

My husband, who I describe as a Disney grump (mostly has fun when we’re there, but would be ok if we never went back), even loves AoA. I think it’s the most in-your-face of all the character-themed resorts, and I think it’s super well done. Only minus for me is no hot tub for an adult trip. And the price is pretty steep just for theming. I’d probably choose Poly or AKL for just us, but then again—grump. LOL.

Has anyone with an upcoming planned reservation to AoA heard anything about a reopening?
- Has anyone been relocated out of AoA because they are closed?
- Has anyone heard about any cast member callbacks?
I would think with so many suites that AoA would be quite difficult to relocate guests to suitable sized accommodations Anyone heat anything yet?

Has anyone with an upcoming planned reservation to AoA heard anything about a reopening?
I would think with so many suites that AoA would be quite difficult to relocate guests to suitable sized accommodations Anyone heat anything yet?

I would like to know this as well. I’ve seen Music and Pop guests being moved, but nothing about AoA.

Yes this exactly! If anybody gets moved from AoA please let us know what they offered! I booked this for the 2 bathrooms and wanted to be able to spread out a bit.

Since it's a skyliner resort I'm a little hopeful they will open but trying to mentally prepare for being moved.

Yes this exactly! If anybody gets moved from AoA please let us know what they offered! I booked this for the 2 bathrooms and wanted to be able to spread out a bit.

Since it's a skyliner resort I'm a little hopeful they will open but trying to mentally prepare for being moved.

Right, we have a toddler who is ready for bed by 7. We specifically wanted the separate sleeping area to avoid waking her up without needing to be quiet or go to bed at the same time.

Right, we have a toddler who is ready for bed by 7. We specifically wanted the separate sleeping area to avoid waking her up without needing to be quiet or go to bed at the same time.
We really liked the FW Cabins when we had a toddler. We would put him to bed on the bottom bunk in the bedroom. Then we hang out in the living/dining and kitchen area and sneak into the room to sleep on the queen bed later that night once he had fallen asleep. The bedroom has a queen bed, bunk beds, a closet, and dresser. Only one bathroom though. It's a bigger bathroom than the value resorts but still just one.

We really liked the FW Cabins when we had a toddler. We would put him to bed on the bottom bunk in the bedroom. Then we hang out in the living/dining and kitchen area and sneak into the room to sleep on the queen bed later that night once he had fallen asleep. The bedroom has a queen bed, bunk beds, a closet, and dresser. Only one bathroom though. It's a bigger bathroom than the value resorts but still just one.
Hard pass on the cabins. Not a good theme for us.

I could see that— I think it’s just the theme. I live in a rural area as it is, so for a vacation I don’t necessarily get excited about that!

A Fun Question about AoA! Any adult fans of AoA? I really enjoy all Disney resorts and we really enjoy our time at the resorts which scream Disney with the bright colors! I really really would like to try out AoA(along with my husband) later in 2021/2022. Even if there are only two of us I think we would enjoy having a suite for something different. The deluxe resorts are pretty to visit during the afternoon but we will love to try this fun resort. I love to hear all the fantastic opinions about AoA! :flower3::yay:Looking forward to returning to Disney in 2021 or 2022

We love AoA, in particular, the Nemo Suites. They are perfectly placed between the bus transportation and the Skyliner.

I just called and asked if AoA would be open in August. The CM's tone totally changed to "rehearsed voice" and said "I'm sorry I do not have that information at this time", mentioned the survey and it was over. :oops:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter