Disney's ART OF ANIMATION Resort Information & Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by yellowfish78, May 12, 2013.

1. Brett Wyman

Brett Wyman DIS Veteran

Are soft good refreshes on the horizon any time soon for AoA? I feel like it has to be soon.

2. DisneyDude71

DisneyDude71 Mouseketeer

Anycurrent bounce back offer there? There in 11 days wanting to know if I need to preplan for another trip.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. bphilb

bphilb Mouseketeer

I just got back and booked a bounceback for a room discount. It was 30% for Deluxe 20% for Moderate (I believe), and 15% for Value. I have the offer sheet at home and can refer to it tonight if you have any questions. It's only for selected date ranges and does not include any dates for October or November. It has the normal restrictions such as no Little Mermaid rooms. If you need more info let me know and I'll get the details tonight.

5. DisneyDude71

DisneyDude71 Mouseketeer

Thank you, as just curious as to what might be out there!

6. MickMan

MickMan DIS Veteran

Do they sell Distilled Water in the gift shop at the hotel?

Thanks!

7. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yes. My Dad has bought it there for his CPAP machine.

8. MickMan

MickMan DIS Veteran

Thanks dansdad......

dansdad likes this.
  9. dmband

dmband DIS Veteran

Golf passes are a no go, just read the fine print and there is a "credit card" with them attached to my name that is required and they have to be used during my stay dates. So even if I can't take advantage of it I can't pass it along.

does anyone want a half gallon of organic milk I got one delivered from Instacart that I didn't order and have no use for.
    If anyone can use it lmk and I can try and get it to you although today I'll prob be on the run till park close at 9
    Tomorrow morning I'll be around till 9:15

10. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

11. traveljunkie

traveljunkie Mouseketeer

Hi,
    I need help for a VERY last minute trip to AoA--next week! I keep trying to find info on my own but it's just taking too long --I need to pack . My niece booked a cast member rate room for us and I need to put in my room location request for a family suite. My reservation says based on availability a nemo, cars or Lion King suite will be assigned.

Now a little background: it's just my Dh and I, we had to get away for some R&R and stress relief. We have no overall park or dining plans. Just needed to escape work and a house renovation! Staying 5 days. I'd like to figure out a quiet location, very near bus transportation since we're not renting a car. He's never done that and I'm nervous he'll be bus grumpy. Top floor would be best for quiet--we don't mind the stairs. Thinking Nemo? View of fireworks? Not sure what else. Is there an area that's been renovated?
    Please help!
    Thank you

12. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I would request "Upper Floor" and "Close to bus stop".

13. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Updated Gondola Construction Video

14. cheapster316

cheapster316 Mouseketeer

15. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

The article @rteetz posted only states beginning in the Fall of 2020 with no end listed. WDW usually does not release exact dates for these things, usually just a season and year. Sometimes, much closer an actual start date will be leaked. But not always.

rteetz likes this.
  16. cheapster316

cheapster316 Mouseketeer

Thanks , 4 years ago it was when we went in January. I knew Bacardi these boards. Nothing was said at the hotel

17. m steve

m steve Earning My Ears

For those of you that have been to AofA recently, is the resort still offering animation "classes' for guests? I recall that an animator would show up in the afternoons and give a lesson on how to draw a character or two. We are hoping to do that next month if it is still being offered. Thanks!

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yes. They are offered daily at 11AM, 2PM and 5PM.

m steve likes this.
  19. m steve

m steve Earning My Ears

Thanks!

dansdad likes this.
  20. MagicalAdventures

MagicalAdventures Mouseketeer

Hello. I’m making our first trip to wdw and am at the stage of making a room request.

We are staying in little mermaid rooms. If we would like a room away from the current gondola construction what should I request?

We are doing DAH one night so I’m keen the kids get some sleep during the day so looking for a quiet room.

Thanks

21. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

Request building 9.