Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We just stayed in the LM section for one week. Building 7 (at the very end almost by building 8). I timed the walk from our first floor room, to the Landscape of Flavors several times--it was never more that 6 minutes, and generally did it in 5 minutes. Not a big deal at all. We will stay there again.
We also experienced no noise issues on the ground floor. Great stay.

Thank you for this information. This is the first time I’m staying at AoA and I kept hearing this was a 10 minute walk!

Has anyone seen any rehab of the little mermaid rooms going on when there. Have heard they are adding coffee makers to the rooms, not sure on microwaves though.

Does anyone know offhand what the discount percentage is for the suites? I have looked at historical pricing but just estimating with a percentage is so much easier. I think values are usually either 10-15% room only discounts but I wasn’t sure if the suites were
More. Thanks!

Has anyone seen any rehab of the little mermaid rooms going on when there. Have heard they are adding coffee makers to the rooms, not sure on microwaves though.

We were there over the Thanksgiving holidays and didn't see any type or rehab/construction in the Little Mermaid area.

Silly question ahead!
What is the soap currently offered in the suites at AoA? We are arriving in 11 days and want to know if I should pack my own. I love the Blushing Orange but not the new "green" ones at Pop Century from our August trip (can't remember the name). Thanks!

Anyone who has stayed in the Cars section: we're hoping for building 1 (Mater?) and ground floor, facing the pool/other buildings...my hesitation is if all these would be accessible rooms? We don't want to take that from someone who would need it, and I'm just blindly guessing first floor has more of those? Any input? Thanks!

Just booked a Lion King suite for the first time. Would prefer not to have a parking lot view...would it be best to request a pool view?

Amy other suggestions or must sees?

I read there is a drawing class? My 9 year old would love that...how do I sign her up?

Just booked a Lion King suite for the first time. Would prefer not to have a parking lot view...would it be best to request a pool view?

That would work.

I read there is a drawing class?

Yup. Classes are held daily at 11AM, 2PM and 5PM in the children's playroom next to the front desk.

My 9 year old would love that...how do I sign her up?

No need to sign her up, just show up at one of those times.

Silly question ahead!
What is the soap currently offered in the suites at AoA? We are arriving in 11 days and want to know if I should pack my own. I love the Blushing Orange but not the new "green" ones at Pop Century from our August trip (can't remember the name). Thanks!

It's the green stuff in our room.

Amy other suggestions or must sees?

I read there is a drawing class? My 9 year old would love that...how do I sign her up?

There is no pool in the Lion King section so I'm not sure what a "pool view" would get you -- I suppose a few of the rooms might have a view of the Nemo pool off in the distance. I'd request lake view or if it's listed, garden view (which I believe would get you a view of the courtyard area between the 2 LK buildings. We've had a parking lot view and a courtyard view during our 2 stays in the LK buildings. Honestly, the parking lot view wasn't an issue for us. We were on the fourth floor so our view was really the tops of the trees. The only way we saw the parking lot was if we walked right up to the window and looked down. The benefit to a parking lot view? You can see fireworks from DHS every night. :)

Thanks. I chose lake views and my 1st and landscape views as my 2nd choice. Hopefully we get one...we haven't had good luck with requests in the past.

Anyone who has stayed in the Cars section: we're hoping for building 1 (Mater?) and ground floor, facing the pool/other buildings...my hesitation is if all these would be accessible rooms? We don't want to take that from someone who would need it, and I'm just blindly guessing first floor has more of those? Any input? Thanks!
We had ground floor of building 3, pool facing in September for Irma relocation, and it wasn’t an accessible room. I think you’ll be fine requesting that.

Thanks. I chose lake views and my 1st and landscape views as my 2nd choice. Hopefully we get one...we haven't had good luck with requests in the past.

If you end up with a parking lot view, you can always ask if there's a landscape or lake view room available. I don't think the LK buildings tend to be sold out (except maybe during super busy times) so you might be able to switch room locations. Both times we've stayed in a LK room, it felt like we were the only ones on our wing. We never saw or heard anyone else around us.

We booked a Finding Nemo suite for the week before Labor Day! :goodvibes

Is there a certain building/section of Nemo you prefer?

Like a PP noted, there are 3 per day. We have done this and it's our family's FAVORITE non-park thing to do. We were at Pop previously and would walk over just for this class.

We had ground floor of building 3, pool facing in September for Irma relocation, and it wasn’t an accessible room. I think you’ll be fine requesting that.

Thank you!

We booked a Finding Nemo suite for the week before Labor Day! :goodvibes

Is there a certain building/section of Nemo you prefer?

It really depends on what is important to you. For our family, it's important for us to be close to the food court (we use the refillable mugs...a lot!) and the bus stops (we tend to use them a few times a day). So for us, the 1st floor of Building 5 was a great location. We were in the wing that juts out towards the LK section and it was perfect. We were off the main hallway so we didn't have any real foot traffic noise outside of our room as there was really no reason to walk down that hallway unless you had a room down there. Whereas if we had been in the hallway closest Landscape of Flavors, we would have had a ton of foot traffic because people enter the building at that end rather than walking outside in the heat and humidity to get to the elevators located at the main entrance in the center of the building. We were still really close to both the food court and bus stops -- and as an added bonus, we were really close to the pool as well. And we had a lake view room. If you have a car, it's not a very long walk to the LK parking lot from building 5. We drive to Disney, but we don't use our car once we're there so the parking lot location isn't a big factor for us. However, if we were driving to the parks every day, I'd be more concerned about that.

It really depends on what is important to you. For our family, it's important for us to be close to the food court (we use the refillable mugs...a lot!) and the bus stops (we tend to use them a few times a day). So for us, the 1st floor of Building 5 was a great location. We were in the wing that juts out towards the LK section and it was perfect. We were off the main hallway so we didn't have any real foot traffic noise outside of our room as there was really no reason to walk down that hallway unless you had a room down there. Whereas if we had been in the hallway closest Landscape of Flavors, we would have had a ton of foot traffic because people enter the building at that end rather than walking outside in the heat and humidity to get to the elevators located at the main entrance in the center of the building. We were still really close to both the food court and bus stops -- and as an added bonus, we were really close to the pool as well. And we had a lake view room. If you have a car, it's not a very long walk to the LK parking lot from building 5. We drive to Disney, but we don't use our car once we're there so the parking lot location isn't a big factor for us. However, if we were driving to the parks every day, I'd be more concerned about that.

Yes, we drive to the parks everyday as it’s easier with our younger kids and double stroller.

For those who have stayed in the Cars section...

What was your room number? Did you like your location?
3507, Bottom floor of building 3, facing the Cozy Cone Pool. Loved it! Normally I request high floors, but since we were there because we were relocated for Irma from the FW Cabins, I was not about to be picky, but we had no sound issues or anything above our heads. Not crazy far from parking, nor crazy far from Animation Hall in my opinion, so we were very, very happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter