Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We arrive tomorrow night!!! I can't wait!! Getting alittle nervous about getting there thou. We are flying out of Philly tomorrow afternoon and we are supposed to get really bad storms! Praying we get out and on time!!!

We arrive tomorrow night!!! I can't wait!! Getting alittle nervous about getting there thou. We are flying out of Philly tomorrow afternoon and we are supposed to get really bad storms! Praying we get out and on time!!!
Good Luck!
I am sitting here in Philly checking out tomorrow's weather right now. I have to travel for work tomorrow and I wish I could just cancel - it doesn't look good.

I'm in Baltimore and it definitely doesn't look good here either...we had a tornado touch down not too far from my house the other day. Pixies heading your way for safe travels!

We are planning our next trip the week of Dec 8th for DD's 5th birthday but the Mermaid rooms are all booked up (and this is supposed to be the slow time of year ugh)...then I see a few posts on the moms panel about ppl that were offered free dining to change their reservations to another resort (they didn't specify dates)... anyone have any guesses on why this is??

1 bedroom, and then a living room, and dinette. The couch pulls out into a queen? Size bed and the table is a Murphy bed, so there are 3 beds total.

Sorry, I haven't read all the posts - how comfortable are the pullout and Murphy bed? I may be traveling with my D and my niece (both adults), and it would be great to have 3 beds without a deluxe pricetag!

We didn't try the Murphy bed but I have heard it is comfortable. We did test out the pull out couch. My husband is a big man and he thought it was very comfortable. He ended up falling asleep in it one night in front do the tv and had a very comfortable sleep.

We just returned Sunday night from a 5 night stay in the Cars Suites. Loved, loved the suites and the location.

We are staying in the cars suites July 27-June 6, 2013 with daughter who has a 1yr old D and 4 yr old S. Our GS loves the cars and collects them. We had a chance to get the Nemo Suites and didn't & I'm a little worried about the walk from the cars to lobby. Was it very bad? What building did you like the best in the cars suites or did it matter?

We are planning our next trip the week of Dec 8th for DD's 5th birthday but the Mermaid rooms are all booked up (and this is supposed to be the slow time of year ugh)...then I see a few posts on the moms panel about ppl that were offered free dining to change their reservations to another resort (they didn't specify dates)... anyone have any guesses on why this is??

Disney tends to overbook their rooms. So, if they find that they have a large number of rooms overbooked, they will try to move guests to other resorts. Sometimes they will upgrade them to DVC resorts, other times they will try to move them to another value or a moderate and give them free dining. Usually not full free dining but counter service free dining.
There are, sadly, no longer any true slow times of year at WDW anymore. I've been every year in early Dec and every year it has been more crowded than the year before!!!

Disney tends to overbook their rooms. So, if they find that they have a large number of rooms overbooked, they will try to move guests to other resorts. Sometimes they will upgrade them to DVC resorts, other times they will try to move them to another value or a moderate and give them free dining.!

I would never be so lucky as to get moved to a nicer resort or to be offered free dining! LOL!

We're staying in a Cars suite. First timers to AOA AND Disney World! Any hints or tips that will make our stay more fun? We're driving so will have access to a car, but I'm not planning on doing anything outside of Disney World until it's time to leave. We will be there 7 days, so I'm guessing I will be doing laundry. Is there a problem with leaving your clothes in the laundry room or do I need to stay with them the entire time?

Also, what's the very best Cars suite to get? Building #? Top floor? Corner? We try to stay away from elevators, ice machines, etc. and we like quiet rooms.

Thanks for any advice you can give to this little newbie family :)

We're staying in a Cars suite. First timers to AOA AND Disney World! Any hints or tips that will make our stay more fun? We're driving so will have access to a car, but I'm not planning on doing anything outside of Disney World until it's time to leave. We will be there 7 days, so I'm guessing I will be doing laundry. Is there a problem with leaving your clothes in the laundry room or do I need to stay with them the entire time?

Also, what's the very best Cars suite to get? Building #? Top floor? Corner? We try to stay away from elevators, ice machines, etc. and we like quiet rooms.

Thanks for any advice you can give to this little newbie family :)

How exciting. You guys will have a great time.

As far as the best building that kind of depends what you are looking for. Buildings 1 and 3 are closer to animation hall and the buses, building 2 faces the pool and is the one with lighting out front. Building 3 has one side facing Hourglass Lake which makes for a nice view.

Building 3 was a great fit for us because it has Luigi and Pitstop out front which are my son's favorites. We also liked the lake view and how close it was to everything. We were in the tip floor and were able to see some of the higher fireworks from the Epcot show out our window. The LM buildings block a lot of the fireworks,but my son still enjoyed watching the "stars" out the window.

Building two has Mater out front and slightly closer to the bus stop.

Have Fun!

We are staying in the cars suites July 27-June 6, 2013 with daughter who has a 1yr old D and 4 yr old S. Our GS loves the cars and collects them. We had a chance to get the Nemo Suites and didn't & I'm a little worried about the walk from the cars to lobby. Was it very bad? What building did you like the best in the cars suites or did it matter?

If you are in buildings 1 or 3 your are just as close to the main building as the Nemo suited. Even Building 2 isn't a terribly far walk. You guys will have a blast!

The Cars section is still close to Animation Hall and so I'd assure you not to worry about the distance. For building choices, 1 and 3 are slightly closer to Animation Hall than building 2.

We stayed in the cars suites last week - we loved bulding 1 - we were on floor 4 and we faced pool side. We all loved watching people out the window admiring the cars section. It was a great location and very close to busses and the foot court. Someone asked about the beds, and we have 3 teenagers - the 2 girls used the pull out bed and loved it and my teenage son used the murphy bed - they all said their beds were very comfortable.

Actually? The buses start running by 6:30 every morning!! Not sure why there is other info out there. But, the buses were up and running that early last week...and have been for years now.
!!!

I was about to freak out. We are doing BBB & CRT at 8am & park opens at 9. So I was worried lol.

We have Sept.7-13 booked in the Nemo suite. But I was pricing other resorts today and noticed that there is now no availability at AOA :scratchin I hope this doesn't mean it will be really crowded at the resort. Anybody been when the resort was sold out? Would I be better off booking another not as crowded resort?

We have Sept.7-13 booked in the Nemo suite. But I was pricing other resorts today and noticed that there is now no availability at AOA :scratchin I hope this doesn't mean it will be really crowded at the resort. Anybody been when the resort was sold out? Would I be better off booking another not as crowded resort?

Might have been a glitch in the system. I just checked and there's availability in all suites at AoA for those dates (no Little Mermaid rooms, though).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter