Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I just booked a Family Suite in November using a PIN code offer! I am so excited :D I have not started reading yet...is there a separate thread for the suites? Thank you!

What room request(s) should I put in through online check in if I will be using a mix of rental car and Disney bus to get around and want to be as close as possible to both? Thanks!

Probably just request "close to transportation". It may not actually put you close to the main building, but you could get lucky. It's not too bad of a walk from the main building to any of the buildings. They all have easy parking lot access.

What room request(s) should I put in through online check in if I will be using a mix of rental car and Disney bus to get around and want to be as close as possible to both? Thanks!
I would go with Touchdown!/Building10.

That building is VERY close to the buses and a short walk through Home Run Hotel to a parking lot.:)

What buildings have been renovated recently?
Not sure of any that have been renovated, but in my opinion, the entire ASMu needs a renovation. Not the grounds, the rooms. So many people complaining about run down rooms with really shabby furniture.
It has always been my favorite value, but I have to say that it needs to be closed and renovated in a big way.

Not sure of any that have been renovated, but in my opinion, the entire ASMu needs a renovation. Not the grounds, the rooms. So many people complaining about run down rooms with really shabby furniture.
It has always been my favorite value, but I have to say that it needs to be closed and renovated in a big way.

I thought I remembered hearing some buildings in the other AS's were renovated so I figured maybe there was one or two at ASMu, but I guess not. I'm most concerned about outlets that are worn. I want to at least be able to plug in my phone to charge & use the hair dryer without it falling out of the outlet & I'm reading more comments on review websites about this happening lately. It seems like maybe this is happening in the Rock buildings more often than others. I don't book preferred rooms & am planning to request Jazz b/c I see it's the closest to the lobby but of course that is never a guarantee I'll get it..

Help..is jazz now considered preferred? I booked preferred and just got my text we are in jazz

Yes my last stay was preferred and we were in Jazz.

Edited
Sorry had my buildings reversed. Jazz is not preferred we were in Calypso.

Last edited:
I thought I remembered hearing some buildings in the other AS's were renovated so I figured maybe there was one or two at ASMu, but I guess not. I'm most concerned about outlets that are worn. I want to at least be able to plug in my phone to charge & use the hair dryer without it falling out of the outlet & I'm reading more comments on review websites about this happening lately. It seems like maybe this is happening in the Rock buildings more often than others. I don't book preferred rooms & am planning to request Jazz b/c I see it's the closest to the lobby but of course that is never a guarantee I'll get it..
My last Asmu stay, June of 2105, one of my room defects happened to be an electric outlet by the door that was actually on the verge of falling out of the wall.

My last Asmu stay, June of 2105, one of my room defects happened to be an electric outlet by the door that was actually on the verge of falling out of the wall.

Which building were you in? I have read more bad reviews about the Rock buildings it seems than the others..still going to see if I can get Jazz though.

Help..is jazz now considered preferred? I booked preferred and just got my text we are in jazz

Yes my last stay was preferred and we were in Jazz.

I know CM's are not always correct but I am online chatting with one right now who is telling me that the only preferred rooms are in Calypso. I wonder if there are some rooms in Jazz that are preferred & some that are not, like how it's split up in the 60's buildings at Pop?

Which building were you in? I have read more bad reviews about the Rock buildings it seems than the others..still going to see if I can get Jazz though.

I know CM's are not always correct but I am online chatting with one right now who is telling me that the only preferred rooms are in Calypso. I wonder if there are some rooms in Jazz that are preferred & some that are not, like how it's split up in the 60's buildings at Pop?
We are at the fat end of jazz so it would be the entire building

I was in Jazz building 2. On the long portion on the parking lot side.

So I did ask last night and all of jazz is preferred. We are at the far back end and it isn't the end of the world but last week when we were at movies our non preferred room was much closer. I did express my displeasure and explained that even when i called this afternoon i was told only calypso was preferred and if they made the change they need to inform and update the materials. They refunded me the $15 a night. We won't be back to music as i much prefer the layout at Sport .

We just returned from a 10-night stay in a family suite in the Calypso building, room 548 and it was great! We have been DVC members since '97 and were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness, lack of noise, bus stop locations, short wait times for buses, concierge, and all CM interactions. Other than a lesser amount of ammenities and the bed sizes, we felt we had the same level of service as most DVC resorts. In fact, the buses were better.

I requested close to elevators and transportation.

Baffled that they would make Jazz preferred. So much of it is a pretty long hike to the busses and food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter