Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I realise regular check in is from 3pm and you're able to put in a possible early check in time online but is it too unrealistic if I request 11am?

I realise regular check in is from 3pm and you're able to put in a possible early check in time online but is it too unrealistic if I request 11am?

you can request any time you want. It just depends on when they have rooms available. You can also put on the online checkin to prioritize an early arrival over any other room requests if you want too. I have gotten rooms as early as 8am and after 3. We usually arrive around 9-9:30.

you can request any time you want. It just depends on when they have rooms available. You can also put on the online checkin to prioritize an early arrival over any other room requests if you want too. I have gotten rooms as early as 8am and after 3. We usually arrive around 9-9:30.
Perfect thank you

Getting excited! Checking in 4 weeks from tomorrow. Haven’t stayed at Music since 2012 but have been in both POP and Movies since the refurbs so I know I’ll love it. I’ve made no room requests. Have just a standard room and really just hoping to not have a parking lot view as I’m there for 9 nights.

Any real recent experiences with grocery delivery, in particular regarding lockers or fees? Im flying in late on Saturday and plan to not hit a park until Sunday afternoon so I’ll schedule delivery Sunday morning when I can meet the delivery. Just wondering if they make you use a locker or make you pay a fee. Seems I’ve read conflicting info on this. Maybe it’s random anyhow?
We were there last week and used Amazon Fresh delivery to Bell Services. We had no fee. Our cold things were kept cold.

We scheduled our delivery for between 8p-10p. Our flight was supposed to land at 845pm, didn't land until 915pm, and we didn't get to the resort until 10pm. We had no problems.

We were there last week and used Amazon Fresh delivery to Bell Services. We had no fee. Our cold things were kept cold.

We scheduled our delivery for between 8p-10p. Our flight was supposed to land at 845pm, didn't land until 915pm, and we didn't get to the resort until 10pm. We had no problems.
I'm hoping you can help me. This is the first time in a while we will be staying at ASMu and plan on having groceries delivered. What is the address you used?

Thank you!!

I'm hoping you can help me. This is the first time in a while we will be staying at ASMu and plan on having groceries delivered. What is the address you used?

Thank you!!
Here's how the video said to do it:

In the DELIVERY ADDRESS PART -

Your Name - GUEST
1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8436

In the DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS PART -

Your Name - GUEST
Leave with Bell Services at All Star Music.

Here is the link if it shows up:

If the link doesn't show up, search for

Using Amazon Fresh for Grocery Delivery to a Walt Disney World Resort | All Star Movies​

on the Momma Snark Channel on YouTube.

Here's how the video said to do it:

In the DELIVERY ADDRESS PART -

Your Name - GUEST
1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8436

In the DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS PART -

Your Name - GUEST
Leave with Bell Services at All Star Music.

Here is the link if it shows up:

If the link doesn't show up, search for

Using Amazon Fresh for Grocery Delivery to a Walt Disney World Resort | All Star Movies​

on the Momma Snark Channel on YouTube.
Thank you very much!

I have two big questions... should we drive or bus to the parks?

And what building should I request if we're staying in a standard room and planning to drive (so easy parking lot access) or bus (I know the bus stop is going to be far since we're not in a preferred room).

I've been going back and forth on whether we should drive or bus. I like being able to control our own fate and not wait on buses, but I'm assuming driving is a much bigger pain in the *** if we plan to park hop. Also, I'm not sure if driving to MK really is just objectively worse than the bus like I've seen said.

Any insight would be awesome!

I have two big questions... should we drive or bus to the parks?

And what building should I request if we're staying in a standard room and planning to drive (so easy parking lot access) or bus (I know the bus stop is going to be far since we're not in a preferred room).

I've been going back and forth on whether we should drive or bus. I like being able to control our own fate and not wait on buses, but I'm assuming driving is a much bigger pain in the *** if we plan to park hop. Also, I'm not sure if driving to MK really is just objectively worse than the bus like I've seen said.

Any insight would be awesome!

When you talk drive v Disney transport, there are plenty of people in both camps. I am a Disney transport fan. When we drive to WDW, our car sits until we leave again.... and we've never stayed at a resort with any park transport other than busses. (Our family trips have been at CSR, POR and ASMu.) A matter of personal preference- the idea of finding my car and navigating to and from parks sounds less appealing than chatting and genie+ tinkering in a bus line. We stayed at ASMu this past April and I mentioned the bus service in some of my post-trip posts...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3042913/post-63922538

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3042913/post-63926670

Last edited:
And bus to Magic Kingdom is a no brainer unless you are going to look at the Ferry or Monorail as a bonus attraction worth the time investment.

We did a mix of buses and Minnie Vans.

When the buses work well, they're fine. When they didn't, I called a Minnie Van.

I would NOT drive to MK unless I had a reservation at Contemporary and paid to valet park all day and then walked to MK.

There is no way to be happy with the buses if you're waiting an hour for an EP bus and you see 3-4 buses for the other three theme parks come and go during that time.

There is no way to be happy with buses if you're waiting an hour for an ASMu bus and you see 3-4 buses for Sports and Movies come and go during that time.

Both of those things happened to us during our trip the first week of August.

Driving to EP, HS, and AK would only happen if I were willing to pay for preferred parking. When you're staying onsite, you pay the difference between regular parking (which is free to you for being a resort guest) and preferred parking.

And bus to Magic Kingdom is a no brainer unless you are going to look at the Ferry or Monorail as a bonus attraction worth the time investment.
Funny enough... I have many childhood memories of waking up really early and driving to Disney for a MK day... the monorail was one of my favorite rides, not sure I'll really feel like I've arrived at MK if I don't ride it at some point, haha.

When you talk drive v Disney transport, there are plenty of people in both camps. I am a Disney transport fan. When we drive to WDW, our car sits until we leave again.... and we've never stayed at a resort with any park transport other than busses. (Our family trips have been at CSR, POR and ASMu.) A matter of personal preference- the idea of finding my car and navigating to and from parks sounds less appealing than chatting and genie+ tinkering in a bus line. We stayed at ASMu this past April and I mentioned the bus service in some of my post-trip posts...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3042913/post-63922538

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3042913/post-63926670

I appreciate seeing the good feedback on the bus service! My worst fear is having to wait forever for a bus and wishing we'd just driven.

We did a mix of buses and Minnie Vans.

When the buses work well, they're fine. When they didn't, I called a Minnie Van.

I would NOT drive to MK unless I had a reservation at Contemporary and paid to valet park all day and then walked to MK.

There is no way to be happy with the buses if you're waiting an hour for an EP bus and you see 3-4 buses for the other three theme parks come and go during that time.

There is no way to be happy with buses if you're waiting an hour for an ASMu bus and you see 3-4 buses for Sports and Movies come and go during that time.

Both of those things happened to us during our trip the first week of August.

Driving to EP, HS, and AK would only happen if I were willing to pay for preferred parking. When you're staying onsite, you pay the difference between regular parking (which is free to you for being a resort guest) and preferred parking.
This sounds less positive. I'm leaning towards driving because I don't want that frustration on our vacation.

Is standard parking really that bad? I imagine it would be if we weren't arriving pretty early.

We had good luck with the buses from the resort to the parks in the morning. The buses back at park close were pretty good as well. In the MDE so it does list when the next bus is expected to arrive at the resort for each park. I found it mostly accurate. The longest waits for the buses were in the middle of the day.

Funny enough... I have many childhood memories of waking up really early and driving to Disney for a MK day... the monorail was one of my favorite rides, not sure I'll really feel like I've arrived at MK if I don't ride it at some point, haha.
Totally understand.

We have become "addicted",when staying at the All-Stars and going to Epcot,to taking the Bus to Hollywood Studios and then riding the Skyliner to Epcot!

We love entering Epcot through the International Gateway and we consider the Skyliner an Attraction so it is like doing an Attraction before even entering Epcot to us!:)

Last edited:
I appreciate seeing the good feedback on the bus service! My worst fear is having to wait forever for a bus and wishing we'd just driven.

This sounds less positive. I'm leaning towards driving because I don't want that frustration on our vacation.

Is standard parking really that bad? I imagine it would be if we weren't arriving pretty early.
It's not that standard parking is necessarily bad. I just like being able to walk to my car instead of waiting for a tram. I haven't kept up with the tram issue so I'm not even sure if they're all running at this point.

It's not that standard parking is necessarily bad. I just like being able to walk to my car instead of waiting for a tram. I haven't kept up with the tram issue so I'm not even sure if they're all running at this point.
Did you have to take a tram even from the closest standard parking lot? How many miles are we talking?

Maybe driving isn't a good idea if it's going to add another few miles of walking before we even get in the park!

Did you have to take a tram even from the closest standard parking lot? How many miles are we talking?

Maybe driving isn't a good idea if it's going to add another few miles of walking before we even get in the park!
It has been a long time since I took a tram since after the first couple of trips we switched to Preferred Parking. I hate extra walking.

We have always been POP people but decided after our recent trip this month we want to try All-Star Music next trip (2024). Looking forward to learning all about this resort over the next year or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter