Disneyland Veterans experience The Disneyland Resort: Departure and Summary

DonnaS

Ratsrule & CathyCanada-- 2 who are greatly missed
Adventurers:
Donna.... trip reporter and veteran Disneyland guest but first time DCA guest!

Roger... DH of Donna who also is a Disneyland veteran but first time DCA guest. Roger had been diagnosed with an illness a month before and we weren't quite sure how he would do on this trip

Saturday, July 07, 2001

We got up about 730am and packed and showered before heading out to the pool area for the continental breakfast. Our towncar picked us up at 915am and we flew home and were in our house by 1230. We had a wonderful time.

Summary

We had a great time! Disneyland has really made great progress in hiding the outside world. Even staying off property at the Candy Cane Inn still gave the feeling of being immersed since we took the shuttle each time (normally we walk some of the time, but with Roger recuperating we took it easy).

We truly enjoyed DCA and would have spent more time there if we had hopper passes. We spent a lot more time this trip just sitting and people watching and we only re-road a few rides at Disneyland but knowing that we’ll be going to WDW in a few months helped us slow the pace.

We found the park much cleaner than in our past trips and saw Disney street sweepers often and even in lines (like the good old days!). The Cast Members on the whole seemed in good spirits (although we did hear one CM who was stamping hands at the exit complaining about having to wear a Mickey glove and how “demeaning” it is and how she was going to file a grievance. But that was the only instance of unhappiness we heard.

I’m really looking forward to our next Disneyland trip since we’ll be staying at the Grand Californian! Good thing I’m working now!

In the 18 years I've lived here I can't remember it ever raining in July...so sorry you guys got to experience our weird humidity! But I'm glad that it didn't spoil your fun, sounds like you had a great trip. You're going to love the GC next year! :D

Thanks for sharing your reports!

It sounds like you had a great time Donna. Thanks for the reports.

thanks for all the reports - we are going for the first time in Sept. I hope your husband is doing much better.

I'm done all of your reports, Donna and I've really enjoyed them! Thanks for taking the time.

Fiance will have you to blame when I don't stop harassing him about going next year!!!

I hope your DH is feeling better very soon. I'll be thinking of you!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip reports with us. Hope you have a great time when you go again in March!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter