Disneyland to Legoland

DL4my2kids

Mouseketeer
We are taking a family vacation to Disneyland in November. Would you recommend:
Taking a day in the middle of our DL week and driving to Legoland for 1 day in the park and then driving back to DL to the hotel.

or

Staying local in Carlsbad and then going to DL?

We are coming from the Bay Area in California.

Thanks,

When we did it, we stayed in San Diego and drove to Legoland (about 45 minutes away). I would definately recommend staying somewhere close and not having to drive from DL. If you haven't been there before, it can easily take a day to see everything and dealing with driving on top of that can be a hassle.

We stayed at the Grand Californian for 3 nights and did Disneyland/California Adventure :thumbsup2 then went to Carlsbad for 5 nights and did Legoland/Sea World and the beach :cool1: It worked out really good for us
(3 & 9 year old granddaughters) as we could do early entry, spend time swimming in the afternoon and then go back into the parks at night with no driving. Disneyland to Legoland could be 90 minutes depending on the traffic (horrible on some days) so you'd leave early and return late because you need the entire time at Legoland to see and do it. :woohoo:

I think it depends on your "rest" needs ;) If you're going to be at DL for a few days then I'd get the hotel near DL so you can take a break from the park mid day and rest/eat/etc. Not sure of your kid's ages but a break was necessary for us with kids 2,5,8 this spring. That way we could go back in the early evening for a few hours and see the parade.
We drove 1 day from DL to legoland and it was about 50 min with traffic. We got there about 10:30 and the park closed at 5pm so it wasn't too long of a day.
I think Legoland closes early at 5 or 6 in the winter months so get there when it opens so you'll have a full day there-I wish we would have had another hr or 2 to see everything. I LOVED legoland too FYI-we'll be going back this December.

We've done both. Stayed in Anaheim did DLR, drove and stayed in Carlsbad, did Legoland for 2 days. (You don't need 2, we just like to take our time). Then, we've driven down for the day from Anaheim and back at night. It's more stressful that way. We usually fly into Orange County, stay near Hollywood for a few days to do Movie Studio tours, then down to Carlsbad for Legoland, then back up to Anaheim to DLR. If you have little ones, it's probably best to get a room in Carlsbad. Legoland is great. I love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter