Disneyland summer packing list

jamsmom-cal

Earning My Ears
Anyone have a packing list or must bring list for summer stay at DLR?
I didn't find a thread on this but I assume people have mastered this art and would like to share their wisdom!

Thanks!

Don't have a full list or anything but some of the essentials (besides the obvious) are bandaids, hand sanitizer or wet ones, sunblock before we head into the parks.. also we bring sunblock in a littler container as well to reapply to our hands after washing them! So many people forget that their hands need sunblock as well! Chapstick is a must as well ..oh and Kleenex!

Advil or your general pain medicine of choice. By Day 3 you will be thanking your lucky stars for that- it's amazing how painful even Peter Pan can be if you rode Matterhorn the day before! (It's truely amazing what can get bruised at Disneyland!)

It took me about 20 years to perfect my packing list. A few things I always carry with me at DLR are baby wipes, flip flops for the wet rides, bandaids, a tiny crossbody purse, and an extra white tee shirt in case I spill something on my shirt, which I usually do.

sunscreen
hand held fan - human-powered fold up fan, not the spray bottle sort of fan
body glide - for your feet if your feet are prone to blisters
a froggs toggs chilly pad - if it's super hot
a wide brimmed hat
good pair of shoes that fit you well & you've broken in ahead of time
a bottle of Swim Spray

** The Swim Spray totally works. It neutralizes the chlorine in your hair and on your skin. Helps a lot if you're in pools a lot on your trip. My kids use it regularly.

Make sure that your lip balm has sunscreen in it. A good sun block (and reapply often!). A refillable water bottle (not glass) with a wide mouth (easier for filling with ice cubes). A good sun hat. Sunglasses.

I carry a little Disney "first aid" kit that I make myself -- has Advil, bandaids, blister bandaids, lip balm with sunscreen, body glide.

Each of us always has a lanyard in which we keep our park tickets, fast passes, ID, room key and some cash.

Then I also carry sunscreen, wet wipes, a Tide stain pen, mini-sanitizer and each of us has a Frogg Togg. I also take a change of socks (I don't take extra shoes or flipflops) and a wide-toothed comb for after water rides, etc. And sunglasses. Sounds like a lot but it really doesn't take up much room.

The kids have 02 Cool water bottles that "mist" and I have a Lunatec Aquabot -- it's a little more expensive that the 02Cools and really isn't made for drinking out of but mists better.

I also carry a portable battery pack and cable for our phones since we frequently split up and are always checking wait times, etc. on the phones. A good one that can fully charge more than one phone.

Finally, I always take one plastic cup -- the drinks at DL are both pricey and huge, so having a cup to split the drink is helpful. I'm usually not all that frugal in the parks but something about leaving two nearly full $5 drinks on the table just irks me. I keep several in the hotel room and just take a new one each day.

Actually DH usually takes a backpack so he carries most of this stuff. :)

And if you're also talking about things to take that stay in the hotel, I have a few others --

I always take one of those pop-up laundry hampers (I have a Mickey Mouse one) so dirty clothes are all in one spot. And Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets ... they're so easy to pack and you don't have to worry about buying detergent at the hotel laundromat. I also take a box or basket that everyone throws their important stuff in (lanyards, room keys) so we know where it is the next morning. Foot spray!!!! I have knee issues, so I also take a couple of those instant ice packs. And I always take more sunscreen than I think we'll need because it's so expensive in the parks. Plus things like glow sticks and mini-bubbles that our DDs hand out to little kids in the parks just because it's fun.

Most of this stuff I either send ahead of time or just order online and have delivered to the hotel.

And if you're also talking about things to take that stay in the hotel, I have a few others --

I always take one of those pop-up laundry hampers (I have a Mickey Mouse one) so dirty clothes are all in one spot. And Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets ... they're so easy to pack and you don't have to worry about buying detergent at the hotel laundromat. I also take a box or basket that everyone throws their important stuff in (lanyards, room keys) so we know where it is the next morning. Foot spray!!!! I have knee issues, so I also take a couple of those instant ice packs. And I always take more sunscreen than I think we'll need because it's so expensive in the parks. Plus things like glow sticks and mini-bubbles that our DDs hand out to little kids in the parks just because it's fun.

Most of this stuff I either send ahead of time or just order online and have delivered to the hotel.
I love the Purex sheets haven't seem them in years. Where do you get yours?

Pack a lightweight jacket, it may be hot and in the 80s/90s during the day but the second the sun goes down the temperature typically drops as much as 20 degrees as well.

Haven't tried them yet, but just received some cooling towels that I ordered from amazon to help with the heat (one for each of us of different colours). Am hoping they help.

Plus the obvious...sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, advil, ban-aids, hand sanitizer

Unfortunately, looks like a cool front coming this week with highs in the low 70's and upper 60's. Makes going to the beach prohibitive.

Okay a few other must have's for me:
Sunglasses (wear them everyday, so not likely to forget)
Hat (the sun at Disneyland is harsh, I never wear hats other than at the parks)
Cash (even if paying with a CC, just in case)
Credit Card (even if paying cash for everything, just in case)
ID (just in case)
Park Passes (would suck to get there and not have them)
Broken in walking shoes
Double the socks for the number of day. If we go back to the hotel, I will change them.
Pain reliever.
Personal items (medications, hygiene items, etc)

For the park:
Cash, Credit Card, Park Passes, ID.
Small bottle with pain reliever & any other medications needed.
Small bottle of Sun Block - applying at 7am in the hotel is NOT enough. You should be reapplying every couple hours. And as was mentioned don't forget your hands, feet, ears, face, back of your neck,etc. Nothing worse than a sun burn to ruin your vacation.
Any personal items needed.

Ziplock sandwich bags....for snacks to bring into the park, your phone on water rides. A Sharpie to write names on water bottles. The park is the one place we still buy plastic water bottles that we can recycle. But we still just use one a day per person, and refill them as needed. They are just a lot lighter to carry than the Hydroflasks I own.

Ha ha ha! I have an 8 (eight) page packing list. It encompasses both a winter and a summer clothing list, makeup bag list, first aid supplies list, food/snack list (which include paper goods), park purse contents list, and a locker bag list for when we're not onsite. It also includes a 'budget' list for routine costs (hotel parking, tips, gas, daily spends). I'm not an 'over-planner', no, not me!

One item I bring that is a little unusual is an inflatable foot bath with Johnson's Foot Soak. That way I can soak the soreness out of my feet after a day in the parks. For the room I like Gallon jugs of water, 1/2 and 1/2 for coffee, maybe sparkling wine to have by the pool. I plan on bringing Tide pods and a roll of quarters. I have paper plates, salt and pepper, cups as well. I also pack ear plugs. I too use the blister glide cream. I pack disposable ponchos from the Dollar store. For the park I use a Baggalini brand cross body bag. I have one Disney Gift Card with money budgeted for each day I'm in the park to keep me from over spending. My teenage son is afraid of loosing his glasses on Splash Mountain so he has the "Chums" eyeglass retainer. I also keep a pressed powder compact and lipstick because you know I have to be looking good at Disneyland, lol!

Midnightred

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter