Disneyland show?

Very happy the show is back. They are still finding their way. Anyone else start singing the Rescue Rangers theme song???? Just me??!!!! :cool1:

I understand Pete’s statement about wanting the show to be about trip planning to DLR, that makes perfect sense, it’s his main business.
Am I the only one that felt like the old show did exactly that? I mean, they had whole shows dedicated to helping people plan (we were one of them!). We come from the east coast - the old show, as it was, helped us in our planning immeasurably (even just listening week to week, not just referencing the segment where the team helped us specifically).

I like to new logo and the format flowed surprising well, but I was hoping to hear more of Pete and Ryno's opinions on my home park. It is obvious I am not the demographic they are seeking. I did not make it through the whole show, I tuned out during the mug portion.... again, I am obviously not their audience. The only draw back of it being of pre-recorded show is that they trashed on the "too many locals" but failed to add that Disneyland is currently running a promotion that AP's can bring a friend to the Pixar Fair celebration. (Discounted Tickets) so we are not undesirable as we were made out to be.

Just finished the first show and overall it was okay, disappointed none of the original team was present for the premiere, they put in 730 episodes. Come on Pete, honor them better then that.
The Skype quality was a ton better then I was expecting so that’s nice.
The comparisons drove me crazy, I think it’s apples and oranges. I think it’s far too complicated to shoebox things in a WDW view. I also didn’t find putting down three WDW rides particularly helpful to anyone listening.
Perfect example, his whole thing of applying WDW hotel categories to DL. PPH hotel is walking distance to DL, has character dining and a concierge lounge, do the All-Stars? In the meantime the Values have wonderful things PPH doesn’t like Magic Express, theming and large food courts. A standard basic view room at PPH over a weekend next month is currently going for $392 a night. Looking at WDW site for the same weekend some deluxes are cheaper then that! PPH is not a WDW value resort! The comparison from price to amenities doesn’t even make sense and misleads everyone. They are hotels owned by Disney, that is literally ALL they have in common.
The “What We Love about Disneyland” on the other hand was beautifully done. It was some of the best editing I’ve seen from them and Ryno deserves a lot of praise. They didn’t talk about WDW because for the love, when you talk about DL you should talk about DL and let it’s magic and beauty stand on its own.
I have no idea who their target audience was.

Last edited:
Just finished the first show and overall it was okay, disappointed none of the original team was present for the premiere, they put in 730 episodes. Come on Pete, honor them better then that.
The Skype quality was a ton better then I was expecting so that’s nice.
The comparisons drove me crazy, I think it’s apples and oranges. I think it’s far too complicated to shoebox things in a WDW view. I also don’t find putting down three WDW rides particularly helpful to anyone listening.
Perfect example, his whole thing of applying WDW hotel categories to DL. PPH hotel is walking distance to DL, has character dining and a concierge lounge, do the All-Stars? In the meantime the Values have wonderful things PPH doesn’t like Magic Express, theming and large food courts. A standard basic view room at PPH over a weekend next month is currently going for $392 a night. Looking at WDW site for the same weekend some deluxes are cheaper then that! PPH is not a WDW value resort! The comparison from price to amenities doesn’t even make sense and misleads everyone. They are two hotels owned by Disney, that is literally ALL they have in common.
The “What We Love about Disneyland” on the other hand was beautifully done. It was some of the best editing in a long time, Ryno deserves a lot of praise. They didn’t talk about WDW because for the love, when you talk about DL you should talk about DL and let it’s magic and beauty stand on its own.
I have no idea who their target audience was.
We haven’t made it through the entire show yet, but I agree re: the wdw/dlr comparisons. There are so many wdw podcasts. I loved the dis:unplugged Disneyland edition because it focused specifically on Disneyland, *without* comparing it to Disney world! The two are so very different, both in plAnning and in experience, and IMO by focusing on comparing them - especially the way it was done with the hotels - just makes it confusing for those who *don’t* know Disneyland...which seems would be a good portion of the target demographic they are going for. I hope future episodes don’t focus so much on the comparisons between the two. That can be found in numerous podcasts online. The dis was always different, and far more helpful. I hope it can continue to be. There’s not nearly enough quality Disneyland centric podcasts.

Overall, I thought this was a good start. I think over time the format and content will be tweaked.

While I understand this is not a live show, what I felt was missing from this Disneyland vlog/podcast was the news and any upcoming items that have been announced. This type of information is helpful when trying to plan a future trip to the Disneyland Resort. Knowing when things are coming is helpful in trying to determine if I should visit during a particular month or not. Not every one follows/receives the Disney Blog news post/releases. So people may not be aware of the dates of say Grad Night or when there are special hard ticketed events that may impact your time at the DLR.

During the Tuesday WDW show, they do have relevant news items and during rapid fire talk briefly about other items that don't have much content. When the Universal show went to pre-recorded, the news part has been hit or miss because of the timing of the recording and release of announcements from Universal. This is probably why the Disneyland show isn't doing the news and/or rapid fires. But maybe there is a way to do just do a weekly news segment as a podcast version only? There has to be a way to provide some of this content in the weekly show even with it being pre-recorded.

Overall, I thought this was a good start. I think over time the format and content will be tweaked.

While I understand this is not a live show, what I felt was missing from this Disneyland vlog/podcast was the news and any upcoming items that have been announced. This type of information is helpful when trying to plan a future trip to the Disneyland Resort. Knowing when things are coming is helpful in trying to determine if I should visit during a particular month or not. Not every one follows/receives the Disney Blog news post/releases. So people may not be aware of the dates of say Grad Night or when there are special hard ticketed events that may impact your time at the DLR.

During the Tuesday WDW show, they do have relevant news items and during rapid fire talk briefly about other items that don't have much content. When the Universal show went to pre-recorded, the news part has been hit or miss because of the timing of the recording and release of announcements from Universal. This is probably why the Disneyland show isn't doing the news and/or rapid fires. But maybe there is a way to do just do a weekly news segment as a podcast version only? There has to be a way to provide some of this content in the weekly show even with it being pre-recorded.

I agree. The weekly news portion, as the DL team did it, was really helpful for trip planning as it was usually news about DLR itself, not the Disney company (as can be the case on the Orlando show). Not being a local, it helped keep me up to date on what I could expect when I visited. We’d always make a special point to listen in the weeks leading up to a trip so we wouldn’t miss anything.

it made me fearful of it will evolve into a "who has the better Haunted Mansion?" or "who has the better river boat?" Or "well I know in our Magic Kindgom..."

I'm not quite finished with the first of the new format shows and it sounds like your fears have come true... we'll see how the new show evolves, but for now I'm VERY disappointed... loved the old show as it was...

I liked the new show format with a few observations:
  • At certain times, it looked like the multi-camera boxes were not large enough to see the other team members (or at least on my smart T.V.)
  • The quality of the streaming far exceeded what I expected
  • The camera's quality was outstanding as I could easily see the inside of the coffee mug(s)

I liked the new show format with a few observations:
  • At certain times, it looked like the multi-camera boxes were not large enough to see the other team members (or at least on my smart T.V.)
  • The quality of the streaming far exceeded what I expected
  • The camera's quality was outstanding as I could easily see the inside of the coffee mug(s)
I do agree that the quality of the streaming was outstanding!

One show in and people are already writing it off.

SMH.

I thought it was great.

I just don’t know what WDW or DL fans get out of diminishing the value of one experience as better or worse then the other. Sure a quick FYI explanation is helpful but why can’t we just be happy for each other?
Our newly redone Dumbo is absolutely adorable and magical, like it really stunned me how cute it was. If you told me you thought WDW’s Double Dumbos were better?
Whatever. I literally couldn’t make myself care. My grass is plenty green thanks.
Sure, once in awhile I’ll tease my WDW friends about picking a meal 6 months in advance but there is no competition in my mind, good for all their exciting new stuff and good for us.
I am glad WDW fans love their park. I hope Disney gives them a blockbuster 50th.
:flower3:
Tearing down WDW rides isn’t what DL magic is about. Not at all.

One show in and people are already writing it off.

SMH.

I thought it was great.
To be clear, I'm not writing it off at all. I am sharing my constructive thoughts on what I've seen, based off what the stated goal of the show was. I will continue to watch, as I assume they will be tweaking this new format for a bit. But I do hope Pete takes some of our constructive thoughts into consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter