Disneyland Resort ‘Decks the Halls’ for the 2019 Holiday Season, Beginning November 8

dina444444

DIS Veteran
The Disneyland Resort will once again transform into the Merriest Place on Earth as guests begin their holidays here, Nov. 8, through Jan. 6. This festive season will include many holiday traditions, including cheerful entertainment, yuletide treats, specialty merchandise, sparkling décor and seasonal transformations of select attractions!

At Disney California Adventure park, “World of Color – Season of Light” will dazzle with its holiday-themed spectacular of lights, lasers, water, fire and hundreds of fountains bringing animation to life. Festival of Holidays returns, bringing the spirit of the season to life through the sights, sounds and tastes of Christmas/Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day (Jan. 3-6). For the residents of Cars Land, two attractions rely on holiday magic to transform into Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Jingle Jamboree.

At Disneyland park, holiday magic shines brightly with the glistening Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle. Returning entertainment includes “Believe … in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular and “A Christmas Fantasy” parade. In addition, one-of-a-kind seasonal transformations will once again take over “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
Check back on the Disney Parks Blog for more details as we get closer to the start of the holiday season at the Disneyland Resort on Nov. 8!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...the-2019-holiday-season-beginning-november-8/

Thank you for posting this! We are SUPER excited to be at DL 11/9-11/12. We can’t wait for more details, but this was a nice start.

Never too early to get excited for the holidays, especially at the DLR. I’m super excited this year because last year we were deprived of WoC season of light and it’s back this year. I personally think it’s the best edition of WoC.

Of course it’s not just WoC that I’m excited about. Main St with the tree and holiday music, the castle and Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks and last but definitely not least all the great seasonal food.

With WDW getting some new Xmas stuff for their parties I was hoping to at least see the Jingle Cruise return. No luck, nothing new. Yeah, yeah, HM & IASM overlays are eons better than anything WDW has. But still. Give us some new Holiday Cheer! (Or at least give us back our Jingle Cruise!)

With WDW getting some new Xmas stuff for their parties I was hoping to at least see the Jingle Cruise return. No luck, nothing new. Yeah, yeah, HM & IASM overlays are eons better than anything WDW has. But still. Give us some new Holiday Cheer! (Or at least give us back our Jingle Cruise!)
My understanding is that it’s too hard to juggle the downtime for both IASW and Jungle Cruise to switch over...

As long as they keep Christmas time at DL paid party free I’ll be happy

As always excited for the holiday season at Disneyland and will start counting down to Small World Holiday soon! I love Small World Holiday so much!

And yeah, we like Viva Navidad too. I hope it is back too!

We've never been to DLR for the holidays, but planned a trip for New Year's this year - very excited (and gearing up for crowds, but so it goes)!!! Our plan is to drive to Anaheim on NYE and get to bed early in order to fully leverage an early entry to the park the next day - but we do want to do a special NYE dinner, even if we're not staying up until midnight. Does anyone have thoughts on where we might consider? Note we have 10- and 6-year-old sons - so "special" doesn't have to mean "fancy" (and clearly something like Napa Rose is right out) - but more something unique and fun. We will have a car, since we are driving down, so would be up for going somewhere beyond DLR if that fits the bill. Any thoughts appreciated!

We are looking at doing a trip the first week of November 2020 are the dates for the holiday decorating normally around the same time each year?

Some in our group would like to do the Party on Halloween night and I would love for us to be able to stay long enough to see all the decorations up for christmas.

We are looking at doing a trip the first week of November 2020 are the dates for the holiday decorating normally around the same time each year?

Some in our group would like to do the Party on Halloween night and I would love for us to be able to stay long enough to see all the decorations up for christmas.
Years it’s been that same weekend for awhile.

So excited! I’ve never been for holiday decorations but my 50th birthday is Jan 5 and we will be there-I’ll finally get to see. Will definitely need to pick your brains for must dos.

This is exciting! Looking forward to Candlelight Processional already! (Said while trying to come up with ideas for Halloween costumes...)

I timed our trip to the week before Thanksgiving, hoping that we would hit the holiday season. And it landed perfectly! We can't wait!

The decorating for Christmas will start about a week before Halloween. When we were there at that time 2 years ago, New Orleans Square decorations were going up, plus the Grizzly area and the bridge over to the bakery. They dont put the lights on at night though. So I imagine in that first week of Nov you would see quite a lot going up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter