Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Keep an eye on the on site hotels -- right now there is a lot of consternation going on in the Closure Superthread because it appears that the Disneyland books are closed for new reservations on site made directly through Disney. No one is sure yet whether this is a glitch (possible, right?) or if the books are closed because of imminent reopening. Stay tuned...
I’ve seen your updates that it’s back up, but I’m glad I booked a room earlier this week. I figure I can always cancel, but at least I have something before things go crazy after an announcement and prices go back up!

Keep an eye on the on site hotels -- right now there is a lot of consternation going on in the Closure Superthread because it appears that the Disneyland books are closed for new reservations on site made directly through Disney. No one is sure yet whether this is a glitch (possible, right?) or if the books are closed because of imminent reopening. Stay tuned...

Thank you for pointing this out.

Still can't spend that much. I am much more of a Best Western kind of girl and even my existing reservation there for $200 a night is making me squirm!

I used to have friends in Tustin who would let us stay there any time we liked, gratis, but sadly they moved out of state!

I'm not totally sure that I understand how the APs are working at the other parks. We have Flexpasses that expire Sept 10 and we are on monthly payment plan. My last payment was March 10th.

Based on what they are doing with APs at the other parks, am I right to think that opening on a reservation only status will not start my monthly payments again? I am thinking that if the parks are limited and reservation only for several months, I may not have any monthly payments and will expire on Sept 10, but if I get a park reservation in August, I'll pay August and September. Does that sound right?

We're staying a night in August, but not sure we will want to go to the parks. Our next "official" visit is in October. So, part of me is thinking I should just avoid the parks and not pay towards this pass again (if that's an option) and just get my Signature in October.

Does that sound right?
The payments start up again as soon as DL officially reopens. They’ve programmed it that way and won’t be concerned as to when you actually can return or can book a reservation.

The AP CMs have scripted info that they read off to you if you call to discuss options for your AP.

Still can't spend that much. I am much more of a Best Western kind of girl and even my existing reservation there for $200 a night is making me squirm!
BW Western Stovall's, who own Stovall's, Pavillions, Anaheim Inn and Bwppi, posted on their fb page yesterday that they will be announcing "great rate specials" in the coming days. I don't know how great they will really be, but I think there is some pressure to drop rates for the rest of the year, since many of the surrounding hotels already have. Keep checking your dates, maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise!

I shared on the Closure Superthread, but I will put this here too. I had 2 reservations at VGC for 7/14 - 7/15 and 7/15 - 7/17. Both were cancelled by DVC yesterday. When I looked at availability, 7/14 was showing as not available, but the nights of 7/15 and 7/16 were both showing available. I re-booked for those dates. The reservation was still there this AM, but I am watching it closely as I expect to see it cancel again. Not sure what to make of that with potential July opening dates. I honestly am expecting this to cancel again and parks to not be open yet. But that is personal opinion. I am local, so this would just be a mini getaway to see 4 different walls and different area to walk around. Should have been for the anniversary as we stay at VGC for the anniversary every year and book with my points 11 months out. Sigh.

Thank you for pointing this out.

BW Western Stovall's, who own Stovall's, Pavillions, Anaheim Inn and Bwppi, posted on their fb page yesterday that they will be announcing "great rate specials" in the coming days. I don't know how great they will really be, but I think there is some pressure to drop rates for the rest of the year, since many of the surrounding hotels already have. Keep checking your dates, maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise!

I’ve been checking Tropicana Inn and Suites + Camelot and the former has been steady @ $180s/night (July 17-19) and the latter went up from $160s to $180s/night.

Watching hotel prices like a hawk!

Just watched the live video Get Away Today did and they were also commenting on July 16th being a good possibility for reopening and said that many of the local area hotels they work with are opening that day. They did mention how when WDW announced their reopening date they paused all new reservations so something to keep in mind for folks on the fence. Fingers crossed we hear something soon, I am feeling hopeful!

I’ve been checking Tropicana Inn and Suites + Camelot and the former has been steady @ $180s/night (July 17-19) and the latter went up from $160s to $180s/night.

Watching hotel prices like a hawk!
Me too! Before covid, Trop & Camelot were at 220+ for the whole summer (at least when I checked). Hojo, Courtyard, Del Sol, Castle, The Anaheim and many others farther away have made big reductions for the rest of the year. Of course, once we get a confirmed opening date I'm sure they'll surge again.

I currently have 9 reservations for 3 different trips, I might be mildly obsessed with finding a great rate😂.

So just got an email from Howard Johnson, they have some information they are giving on getting reservations booked. I know they probably don't have all the information as well, but if I am required to have tickets how does this work with vacation packages?

We booked through the Disneyland site at Paradise Pier, and it states that tickets will be waiting at the desk, meaning..... we won't have them to reserve. Are they planning on making all package tickets e-tickets? Interested in seeing how this will work out. Or will the app automatically see that we have a resort scheduled and we can reserve from there.

I know nothing has been announced on this, just looking for your speculation to make me feel better!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 3.22.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 3.22.58 PM.png
    39 KB · Views: 43
So just got an email from Howard Johnson, they have some information they are giving on getting reservations booked. I know they probably don't have all the information as well, but if I am required to have tickets how does this work with vacation packages?

We booked through the Disneyland site at Paradise Pier, and it states that tickets will be waiting at the desk, meaning..... we won't have them to reserve. Are they planning on making all package tickets e-tickets? Interested in seeing how this will work out. Or will the app automatically see that we have a resort scheduled and we can reserve from there.

I know nothing has been announced on this, just looking for your speculation to make me feel better!
I would think/hope it recognizes the package and tickets. We have a DLR reservation for October that we booked through Costco. When we did this last year for GCH, you get a package a checkin with physical tickets that you can then san into the app. But I would hope that if you're staying onsite it would recognize those tickets accordingly.

Same here, we were going to book through costco and last minute we changed our mind, and booked through Disney. We would have saved $500, and gotten a $205 giftcard, but we just didn't want to take a chances.

If Disney has set their website and app to recognize Resort reservations, then linked Resort packages automatically have tickets linked in the system.

The ticket data will open up park reservation booking ahead of time and will become ‘active’ on the first day of your trip to enable you to enter the park.

That’s how WDW’s MDX system operates and DL’s will have to be similar to recognize package tickets.

Last edited:
We noticed that Desert Inn And Suites have gone up $10 per night recently for our trip mid October.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter