Disneyland Paris

gogo65

Cheering for Disney
Oh I am so excited,
I have just found out I will be presenting a paper at a conference in Nice in April, so with Paris only about 3 hours away, it means I might just have to have a quick visit:cool1:

With my US/Canada holiday only a month away I really can't start planning till I come home at the end of January,
But as any good diser knows the more you research the better,
So if anyone has any good advice on hotels etc I am waiting:thumbsup2

What great news! Can't help with hotels as last time I went to Paris, I was 3! Very excited for you :banana:

YAY!!!

We stayed at the Marriott next to DLP.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pardp-marriotts-village-dlle-de-france/

Really wonderful. Lots of space, really close better than a hotel.
They have studios and 2 beds which can combine to be a 3 bed.
It is in a location that a DVC was going to be and should have been.

The onsite hotels seemed ok. NY and the Newport? (something like that) were best location. Easy walk to the parks through DTD equivalent.

THere is a whole little town right near Disney (walking distance and also one stop on the train line) if you aren't staying on-site. I think it is called Valle de something or other. You can get decent accomodation and reasonable prices here which is rare for Paris. Also it is a pleasant area, though really not that French.

It is a fair way out of Paris if you are staying in Paris itself.

The parks themselves are OK, but I prefer the American ones. If you have already done Disney recently and pressed for time I was able to do most of the movie studios park and the highlights of Disneyland in a day. The Crush Coaster at the movie studios is great fun and so is Space Mountain at Disneyland.

Thanks for you replies.
I plan to probably only stay 2 nights near Disney then a few days in Paris with my niece.
After being at WDW last year and soon to be at DL, the only reason to go will be to have a look around. I will be by myself so only need to go on some of the grown up rides.
My DH isn't really that interested in Disney so will be the perfect opportunity for me to have a look(because I will be by myself), because if he was with me I don't think he would go:confused3

Gab i am so jealous...that is my only disney park i have left to do...Wait till you see the castle it is beautiful oh and i expect heeps of photos of the alice in wonderland maze!

Disneyland Paris is amazing. You will love it. I Stayed onsite at Disney's newport bay club. Was a beautiful and clean hotel. If you have the money stay in the disneyland hotel. It sits over the entrance of the park and is simply amazing. Expencive though as are all the onsite hotels. THe newyork hotel is very close to the park also.

Disneyland Paris is amazing. You will love it. I Stayed onsite at Disney's newport bay club. Was a beautiful and clean hotel. If you have the money stay in the disneyland hotel. It sits over the entrance of the park and is simply amazing. Expencive though as are all the onsite hotels. THe newyork hotel is very close to the park also.
Right yes...the Disneyland Hotel is the best location (how could I forget) :lmao:
P2093498.jpg

But I really liked the look of Newport Bay. It and New York are the next best location to DLH

Here is my advertisement for the park:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

PhantomManor2.jpg

Phantom Manor

P2093501.jpg

The Castle

CastleParisNightLitcmp.jpg

The Castle at Night

DragonunderCastle.jpg

The special secret that lies beneath....

Right yes...the Disneyland Hotel is the best location (how could I forget) :lmao:
P2093498.jpg

But I really liked the look of Newport Bay. It and New York are the next best location to DLH

Newport bay hotel is loveley stayed there 6 days in the summer its pretty.:cool1::cool1:

i always stay at the shianne when i'm at disnelyand paris.

nice because it's got a really good cowboy theme and you can take a bus to disney (or even walk if you want!).

We stayed at Hotel New York in the Empire State Club for 8 nights. It was fantastic, loved the hotel.

Go and have some pizza at Cafe Mickeys, it was soo good.

We are going to Disneyland Paris mid September and I would appreciate any hints/tips that anyone may have in visiting this park. We have only been able to allocate one day for the visit and are staying in Paris. The other day I could find 1day/2park tickets on offer but they have disappeared and now Disney have increased their ticket prices. :eek:

Thanks.

We are going to Disneyland Paris mid September and I would appreciate any hints/tips that anyone may have in visiting this park. We have only been able to allocate one day for the visit and are staying in Paris. The other day I could find 1day/2park tickets on offer but they have disappeared and now Disney have increased their ticket prices. :eek:

Thanks.
One day isn't enough...but you do need to do both parks.
I wouldn't worry about the tickets. Just keep and eye out. I mean the dollar is RISING against the Euro (as opposed to us..who had to deal with the bottoming out at the start of 09) so even if you pay gate price it is still worth it.
But there will be plenty more offers come up.

We spent a week at the Marriott next door with 5 park days and train day trip to Paris and a day driving to Versailles. We got the Annual Pass.

As for the parks
- Something we learned as we entered the park and started looking around was that there were people smoking all over the place whenever and wherever they wanted. Nothing was being done about it and as we were to discover this lack of rules or regulations runs throughout the parks. I personally don't care if you smoke or not (my boss does as do 2 of my co-workers who are great people) but they smoke outside and away from their children.

EVERYWHERE (not just the smoking) there is very little enforcement of rules. Tokyo is the ultimate, WDW is pretty good, DL not so much, Paris nil. When we got the train later on these brat children decided to go under all the railings (which we were going around because we had just missed a train and there was no rush which warranted twisting my back) and then barged past us. We told the Children not to push in and then the parents arrive and abuse us and use the good old ‘they are only children’ line. Now I do not yet have children but if you allow children to push in then they think it is ok. When we told this to the CM at the station she said “there is no point getting upset or angry.” She had no interest in park etiquette etc. and although in a US park security probably would have been called…as usual nothing was done. Even when we said we would report her inaction to City Hall she didn’t care as she knew nothing would be done.
I have had children do this before for fun and then happily return to their parents. But these kids completely thought they were in the right. Of course they have been exposed to passive smoke since birth if not before so I suppose I can’t expect much. If you see most Japanese children you can see how much these parents care about being courteous and maintaining discipline. They don’t hit them, they just remind them whenever they are doing something wrong and they then learn.This is partly to do with protecting them from harm. I mean they let them wander a little way and then go and collect them.

Prices
I will give you a comparative you can compare to when you are in a US park.
A basic pin is 6 euros, a better pin is 8 euros. So this compares with 6.95US and 8.95US.
Plush toys. I bought a Stitch Plush and Angel Plush in the US at the Downtown Disney California for 19.95US plus tax each. Here they were 22.95euro. So a decent amount more...

MUST DO
Studios -
Crush's Coaster
Animagique
Cinemagique

DL -
PHANTOM MANOR!!!!!!
Big Thunder (this is the best in the world)

But for the smoking these are great parks. The castle is the BEST of them all. It is simply stunning.
Here are some photos of Paris Disney

Thanks Queenie for your info/tips. We have only one day so we will have to get there at rope drop and stay until we drop! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter