DisneyLand Paris who has been

71 Truck

Visiting the Magic Since 1973
My wife and I are thinking of going to Disneyland Paris next fall/winter for our thirtieth anniversary. We are looking at the Sequoia lodge, who has stayed and what can you tell me about it? The pros and cons. We are going to do it with points and we are trying to determin how many days we need to see the parks. We would also use the resort as a base to do other travel around France. We definitely want to see Normandy and the American Cemetery. We would also be going to Paris. I know the train is the best way to get around so we would be getting some sort of rail pass. Any and all advice would be helpful.

Thanks

The point charts for the Disneyland Paris hotels are obscene, and on top of that there is a $95 booking fee. You can get a much better offer if you browse the different european countries websites.
Start with the UK one:
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/try the booking process so you're familiar with it and then switch to the other countries websites clicking on the flag in the upper right corner. They are in different languages, but with Google translate and a bit of experience using the UK website you should be fine. Each contry publicizes the offer they think appeals the most to people living in that country, but anyone can book from any site, there is no geographical restriction. You may find a country offering a higher % of discount, while another offers free half board or another kids under 12 go for free.
When you've found the best offer for your circumstances, you can call the WDW call center and ask to speak with the DLP call center, this way you don't have to pay for the international call. And then ask to book using the offer you found.
When comparing using points and buying a packaged deal, note that tickets are always included in DLP packages, while with points you have to buy them separately.

My wife and I are thinking of going to Disneyland Paris next fall/winter for our thirtieth anniversary. We are looking at the Sequoia lodge, who has stayed and what can you tell me about it? The pros and cons. We are going to do it with points and we are trying to determin how many days we need to see the parks.

The first thing to know is that there are no DVC villias or specific rooms at Disneyland Paris. You can use your points but you will just be in a regular room, either standard or club level, depending on which you choose. On the Disneyland Paris section here on Dis a group of us have put together some FAQ threads for first time visitors

Information about Disneyland Paris Hotels

Managing Expectations When Comparing Disneyland Paris to The American Parks

FAQ 1st Time Visitors, Crowds, Weather, Language, WiFi and Money

Room and Park Tickets Packages Are Standard At Disneyland Paris

How To Book Room and Ticket Packages Direct Through Disneyland Paris

We would also use the resort as a base to do other travel around France. We definitely want to see Normandy and the American Cemetery. We would also be going to Paris. I know the train is the best way to get around so we would be getting some sort of rail pass. Any and all advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Using Disneyland Paris as a base is not recommended. Disneyland Paris is located approx 1 hour south of central Paris. The Normandy beaches are over an hour north of central Paris.

It would be far more logical, and economical to do a 2 location trip.

Stay in central Paris for sighting such as Eiffel Tower, Paris Opera House, The Louvre, Normandy Beaches, American Cemetery etc.

Stay at Sequoia Lodge for park days only.

You would need to decide which order, whether you want to do Disneyland Paris at the start or end of your trip.

FAQ Train Between Central Paris and Disneyland Paris

There are various options for transport between Disneyland Paris and Charles de Gualle Airport. You can get a private car service, train or shuttle bus.

Everything You Need To Know About Magic Shuttle

Check out the Disneyland Paris section here on Dis, and ask questions and we will help you plan your trip

We went to DLP after an ABD Trip. We just stayed at a hotel in Paris. It was about 15 Euros round trip to go to DLP.

Thank you for the Information. My wife and I still have time to do more research however this is a great start.

Hi we did a European trip for our 40th anniversary, we went to Disneyland Paris for two nights, three days which was enough for us to see just about everything. I don't think we missed anything, this was in 2013 so I'm not sure if there is more to see now. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel which was comparable to GF at WDW, very pretty hotel and right outside the main gate to the Disneyland park. Great location. One thing that really stood out to me was the train, the seats are around three sides of the car sections, so some are looking backwards, some are looking out the side and some are looking forward, very different from FL. Also they don't mess around, you have to follow directions to a tee or you will get yelled out! Very French? The Haunted Mansion is different, its like a mansion in the old west, very cool.

We took the "Magical Express" from the airport (Charles de Gaulle). I have to say the Magical Express in France is nothing like FL, we had to put our own luggage under the bus and the driver didn't demonstrate the usual Disney magic we Americans have come to expect...lets just say he was very French...I'm glad we didn't take the train, we tried but the line was so long and it would have been a long wait to get underway so we nixed that idea and went for the Magical Express. Also the train station located near Disneyland would have been quite a long walk for us to handle our own luggage. They may have people to help you but since we didn't take the train I don't know.

When we left Disneyland we took a shuttle into Paris where we boarded the boat for a river cruise that took us to Normandy and other stops along the way over the course of several days. This was a very enjoyable experience, there was no stress on our part as someone else was handling all the travel details. We didn't have to deal with navigating through France on our own. I think that Disneyland Paris would be too far away to be a logical location to take in Paris and Normandy. You would probable be better off staying in Paris as others have said.

I hope you have a wonderful trip and Happy Anniversary in advance. Enjoy :butterfly

My wife and I are thinking of going to Disneyland Paris next fall/winter for our thirtieth anniversary. We are looking at the Sequoia lodge, who has stayed and what can you tell me about it? The pros and cons. We are going to do it with points and we are trying to determin how many days we need to see the parks. We would also use the resort as a base to do other travel around France. We definitely want to see Normandy and the American Cemetery. We would also be going to Paris. I know the train is the best way to get around so we would be getting some sort of rail pass. Any and all advice would be helpful.

Thanks

We just got back and practically did this itinerary. The difference is that we spent the first half of our trip traveling as a group of 22! Yes, 22! Five families from our Cub Scout visited France to attend the 75th anniversary of D-DAY.

Flying- We flew from Tennessee to Orlando, then to Orly in France. As a large group Disney groups worked with us to charter a bus to take us to the resort.

Lodging- Days 1-4 at Sequoia Lodge. First, it is a HOTEL not a RESORT. DH and I have stayed numerous times at The Grand Californian Hotel at DLR and at Wilderness Lodge, the Sequoia Lodge does not measure up to either. At best it is more a moderate hotel. The room decor was outdated. We were first put into one of the smaller lodge buildings but the two rooms (big family) were terrible. The rooms were sweltering and the AC did not work at all. Plus both rooms stunk terribly. These buildings are two level with no elevators. We were moved to the main building the next day and the AC worked. Decor still outdated.
  • The bar was ok. We only ordered drinks so can't vouch for any of the food options at the lodge.
  • The pool was closed at the time.
  • Short walk to the park.
  • Be prepared to have your suitcases screened in order to enter the resort. You'll have to scan your purse/backpacks every time entering the hotel if you use the hotel park shuttle. If you walk to/from the parks you'll have to scan your purse/pack to enter Disney Village.

Daily Agenda in Paris- Our group began each day at the parks using Early Morning Time. It was fantastic. We'd do that until around 10am and then hit the metro right in Disney Village to that days destination. Using metro we got all over the city and outlying areas. Over 4 days we averaged 14-18 miles walking too! We visited the Louve, Arc de Triomph, Eiffel Tower, Palace of Versailles, Notre Dame, and more. Evenings we returned to the parks for the last 2 hours of the day. WALK ON RIDES!
  • Watch for pick pocketers!!!!!! My 12yo daughter lost her phone getting onto the metro on day 2. She knew immediately that he phone was snagged from her front pocket. We saw the guy get all excited about taking it too, but didn't know what he was excited about until she told us. Thankfully she spoke up immediately and we began the lockdown process. They did try for days to access it, which triggered calls to DHs phones, they never talked to us.

• We purchased our metro tickets at the information booth at Disney Village. I believe that you can buy them in advance, but with our group we waited until we arrived in case plans changed. Watch for scalpers and pick pocketers outside of the Disney gates/train station.
Normandy- Days 5-8 were spent in Normandy. Our group rented cars and we drive there. Since we attended D-Day activities lodging was not where we would have liked, but still worked out great. Our scout group "camped" at Eurocamp in Houlgate. Close to Sword Beach and a small quaint town to explore.
  • Day 1 in Normandy- Arrived late in afternoon. Grabbed food at a local market. Cooked and rested.

• Day 2 in Normandy- Headed to St. Mary Eglise. Saw the 1000 paratroopers drop! Toured the town. Then hit the American Cemetery about 45 minutes before closing. Our scouts located the grave of a local (at home) resident that we were asked to locate. Then we headed to the beach (Omaha) and spent another hour or so there. Checked out some of the German bunkers there, also watched a military re-signing ceremony on site. The American Cemetery was powerful!

• Day 3 in Normandy- Headed to Mont St. Michel. Arrive early as it can get busy. Neat place, purchased tickets to tour the monastery. Wish we had time to explore the island more. Returned to Houlgate and Sword Beach for our last night.
Day 4 in Normandy- work up early and drove back to DL Paris. Group members went their separate ways, most returning home. Our family spend 4 more days at DLP.
  • FYI- we didn't see any police officers on the highway, BUT there are scanners that will issue you tickets instead. DH was notified by our rental car company that he received 3 tickets along certain stretches of road.

The 4 days that our family spent at DLParis (without the group) was blah. We stayed at Newport Bay in Compass Club with we loved. But the parks were hit or miss for us. They are not as large as the ones at DLR or WDW. What we did like was that they still had paper Fast Passes and low crowd levels. We did what we wanted first thing in the morning and later in the day. Mid-day we rested or swam in the pool. 3 days is all we needed. The castle is the best out of DLR/WDW/DLParis. Their BTM is great, and Phantom Manor is different from the Haunted Mansion. Disney Village is not worth checking out. It looks stuck in the 90s and all shops sell the same thing. But you have to walk through it to access the hotels.
  • FYI- our flight and bus ride were in the evening so we didn't arrive to Sequoia Lodge until after 11pm. Food is scare at that time. You have the hotel bar, as well as McDonalds and New York Subs in Disney Village that are open until midnight.
  • If you find yourself needing to do laundry you'll have to walk to Hotel Cheyenne. They have 2 washers and 2 dryers. You buy tokens at their hotel store. Less than a ten minute walk from Sequoia. Grab a book and park yourself at Starbucks. They have a Starbucks! Sequoia Lodge only has the bar and sit down restaurants.

Bottom line- DH and I agreed that we have no need to ever return to Paris. Everyone seems to be smoking/vaping- on metro, in restaurants, throughout the parks, and it was too much for us. Ya, seeing the Palace of Versailles was neat, but we don;t need to really see Paris again. And some places are just over rated IMO.

We did enjoy Normandy and can see ourselves doing that again. There are more sites that we wish we could have checked out- Caen and Dunkirk for example.

We looked at points for conversion in 2012 when we visited. That was a hard not for us. We booked a B&B in Paris near the Opera and it was great, though we visited the parks for 1 day during a slow period (September). I would do as others have said consider renting the points for cash and use that instead, you'll come out ahead. Consider a split stay with a few days out at DLParis and the rest somewhere else in Paris. The last thing you want is a long train ride to your hotel at night after a day of touring.

Hello,

My son and I just did a Paris trip this March. In total, we were gone 10 days. This is what we did, if it helps.

Day 1 - 7: Stayed at an Airbnb in Noisy le Grand. It was right on the RER line. It was 15 min to central Paris, and 15 min the other direction to Disneyland. We mostly did Paris sights during this time except for a day trip for D-Day tour. We took an early train out of Paris to Bayeux, toured a museum then joined a 1/2 tour by Gold Beach Company. It was fabulous! Our guide was incredible and very knowledgeable. It was more than enough time for us. Afterwards, we ate dinner in Bayeux then took the train back into Paris. The train trip was 2 hours each way on Euro Star. It was very reasonable, $173 round trip for 2.

Day 8-10: Stayed at the Radisson Blu in Marne la Vallee. Room for 3 nights, with breakfast included, was 302 euro. The hotel had a complementary shuttle that ONLY went to Disney and their hotel. It didn't stop at other hotels. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Lots of choices. The staff was very friendly. We decided to stay off property because it was so much less expensive for us.

How we saved some money:

Paris Disneyland Annual Passes: We realized that we could save a good portion of money by purchasing their most limited Annual Pass, Discovery Pass, for $179 euro each vs $255 euro for a 3-day ticket. Now, keep in mind, the Discovery pass is the most limited pass. It only has 150 valid days. It is mostly valid Mondays - Thursdays. HERE'S THE CATCH. To keep tourists from purchasing this pass it is only good on day 1 then not again until day 4. So, if you go on a Saturday (which we did) and purchase/activate the pass then you cannot use it again until Tuesday. It worked just fine for us because we knew ahead of time and built it into our schedule. You can purchase ANY pass, ANY day regardless of the type, even if it is a blackout day for that pass. I hope that makes sense.

Train Tickets: Again, it pays to do your research. There is a little known unlimited weekly pass you can purchase for 22.80 Euro per person, per week. It is the Paris Navigo Decourverte Pass. You can purchase this pass at the airport by going up to the Metro ticket window (they are not available through the machines). You need to bring a 3 cm tall by 2.5 cm wide photo of yourself for the pass (we printed ours at home on regular paper - they didn't care). The pass will have double-stick tape on it to secure your photo. There are photo booths in the airport, but usually there's a line. They are going to charge you 5 euro initially for the plastic pass on top of the 22.80 weekly fee. The pass is good from Monday 00:00 am through Sunday 23:59 pm. This pass saved us a lot of money, time and stress. The pass is for unlimited use on trains/metro/buses. It more than paid for itself just by using it to go from CDG airport into Paris.

Paris Tips: Bring your own wash cloth/bath scrubber from home. We didn't realize that hotels don't provide them. They are considered a personal item and most people travel with their own. Who knew?

I hope that helps. Enjoy planning your trip - it's part of the fun!

Just got back two weeks ago. Stayed at Newport Bay and walk by Sequoia every day. Also stopped in to look around at Sequoia. Agree with the poster that said to expect a moderate. Make that a well used moderate. When we stopped in, the resort was warm and smokey of cigarette smoke. Even down the hall and in the elevators you could smell old cigarettes. Newport Bay was nicer but still nothing as good as Yatch and Beach. Still fun to try a new park experience and a new culture. have a great time.

Not a huge fan of DP. Have been twice and probably won’t go back. The magic is missing. France and Disney are not a good fit....culturally it doesn’t work. Disney Tokyo however is a great place if you want to try Disney overseas.

We are looking at May 2020 that is offering free half board. Was considering Golden Forrest Club at Sequoia but that comes with free breakfast. Would it not be worth it to upgrade to Golden Forrest if getting half board? Price difference is 238 euro for family of 4 for 3 nights. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter