Disneyland Paris Shares - How, What and Where?

From the 3rd of December the shares have been consolidated, so you no longer need 500 shares to join the club you will only need 5, as 100 old shares are now equal to 1 new share.

So 500 shares would now cost about £3500, whereas 5 would cost £35 plus brokers fees.

Thanks very much!.hehe
So if i bought them from self trade i would just need to buy 5? whicch would cost about £35...does anyone no how much the brokers fee normally is?

Also if i open a self trade account in sombbody elses name, does that mean they will be the shareholder, or can the shares be in a different name to the account holder on self trade?

Thanks very much!.hehe
So if i bought them from self trade i would just need to buy 5? whicch would cost about £35...does anyone no how much the brokers fee normally is?

Also if i open a self trade account in sombbody elses name, does that mean they will be the shareholder, or can the shares be in a different name to the account holder on self trade?

The brokers fee will vary at each financial institution. I think at Self Trade it is/was £12.50. Some bank charge £30-40 depending on the amount of shares being bought.

I'm also pretty sure the trading account has to be in the name of the person wanting to own the shares.

Just received my shareholders club card :tigger: yippee
5 weeks after buying 2000 shares and sending off application. Just cost £138 and no yearly fees.

Looking forward to visiting Salon Mickey in April:thumbsup2

I`m really tempted by this -we go for 6 days in march and with 2 ad 4 kids it would be worth the £30 or so just for the discounts!!
liz

So i will only need to buy 5 shares from self trade, and i can still be a member of the shareholders club with only 5 shares?

Also when i go to buy them is the share name just euro disney on the french market? cos i couldn't see anything else apart from euro disney sca but that was on the german market.

Thanks

So i will only need to buy 5 shares from self trade, and i can still be a member of the shareholders club with only 5 shares?

Also when i go to buy them is the share name just euro disney on the french market? cos i couldn't see anything else apart from euro disney sca but that was on the german market.

Thanks

They trade as Euro Disney SCA, If you own less then 20 shares you have to pay the 30 Euro mambership fee that last for 2 years.

Hey everyone, i have finnaly bought my shares!...and i did it all by myself!, which i no sounds silly, but i really didn't have a clue when it came to shares!.lol...thanks for all your help everyone.

Now on to the shareholdersclub!.lol.... am i right in saying when you send the forms off to disney they want to see some proof of purchase?. If so how do i get that?, cos i don't have anything at the min, not even an email, just a statment on selftrade saying they are bought.

And i can still join the club with only 5 shares in euro disney, is that right?
Hope you can help.hehe:goodvibes

Now on to the shareholdersclub!.lol.... am i right in saying when you send the forms off to disney they want to see some proof of purchase?. If so how do i get that?, cos i don't have anything at the min, not even an email, just a statment on selftrade saying they are bought.
If you sign-on to your selftrade account you'll find a message from them in your in box. You'll find a pdf of the transaction that you can print off and use to send in to the shareholder's club :)

Excellent!...is it still possible to join the shareholders club with just 5 shares then?, even though it still says on there website you need 500

Also is there a way of getting a paper share certificate?

Thanks for the help!:goodvibes

Excellent!...is it still possible to join the shareholders club with just 5 shares then?, even though it still says on there website you need 500
If the 5 shares are following the recent conversion you should be okay as the value will be on the transaction slip from selftrade.

Also is there a way of getting a paper share certificate?
No, since you have not purchased the shares directly by going through Selftrade. Not sure if there is an option to change this. If there is I would imagine that there would be costs associated with this :)

Thanks for the help!:goodvibes . The shares cost me £45 including the self trade fee, so i should image this is ok isn't it? I thought that was the new fee for looking to buy 5 shares.

Aww I so wanted to do this... I wish I'd found this thread earlier!

We go a week today, I doubt there will be enough time for me to do this now?

Yeh defentially. we came back from out last trip to Disney in Oct, but is always worth having it for a nxt trip!.hehe:goodvibes

I've set up an account online a while ago, validated it today and as far as I can see I'm ready to go.

I found the Eurodisney SCA shares on there currently at 7.02 € . Two questions:

(1) Is this the share price that I would only now need to buy 5 of ?
I know that I need to pay an additional fee to join the Club, but hoping to
buy a few at a time and have enough for free membership, when it's due for renewal

(2) I hoped to do it online today but got a message:
The following errors occurred:
1) This security can only be traded during market hours.

Has anyone else done the trade online, I will try again on Monday but at what point do you add cash to your account ? Do you specify the number of shares you want and then it tells you how much and brokers fees etc.
Sorry for the questions but buying shares isn't something I've done before. :)

I've set up an account online a while ago, validated it today and as far as I can see I'm ready to go.

I found the Eurodisney SCA shares on there currently at 7.02 € . Two questions:

(1) Is this the share price that I would only now need to buy 5 of ?
I know that I need to pay an additional fee to join the Club, but hoping to
buy a few at a time and have enough for free membership, when it's due for renewal

(2) I hoped to do it online today but got a message:
The following errors occurred:
1) This security can only be traded during market hours.

Has anyone else done the trade online, I will try again on Monday but at what point do you add cash to your account ? Do you specify the number of shares you want and then it tells you how much and brokers fees etc.
Sorry for the questions but buying shares isn't something I've done before. :)

I haven't bought shares online, but the €7.02 was the last trading price before the stockmarket closed, i doubt it will change much on Monday. If you want 5 then that amount is multiplied by 5 plus whatever the commission charge is for who you are buying through. You may want to check if you are charged a commission charge every transaction, if you are it might be better financially if you can buy a few more shares this time, otherwise you will keep having to pay commission every time you buy more.

I think you have to wait until the stockmarket opens agains on Monday before you can put in your request, which explains why you are getting the error message.

When I first purchased my shares I bought to the nearest money amount, but since then I have requested how many more shares I would like to buy so you should have no problem saying you want X amount.

I would imagine you can add the cash to the account once you know how much in total it is going to cost you.

HTH:goodvibes

How many shares do you need to buy to get a room discount etc.

Sorry to be a pain i just find it confusing lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter