Disneyland Paris - News

I have heard the Lion King water ride rumor for a while. Supposedly the ride has already been purchased already from the manufacturer - together with a second one that was earmarked to go to WDW for a Moana ride at AK (which has already been scrapped…).

That Galaxy’s Edge has been scrapped has been talked about since 2019 when at the IAAPA Europe conference it was pulled last minute from the DLP presentation there.

More idiots in Disneyland Paris. Someone released a smoke bomb (do you say it like this in English?)
The smoke was pink, so it did fit with the castle, but still... Idiots!

According to an eyewitness the people have been arrested.

No comment about this stupidity.

But seriously: How did he get this inside the park? Security at the entrance??

I have heard the Lion King water ride rumor for a while. Supposedly the ride has already been purchased already from the manufacturer - together with a second one that was earmarked to go to WDW for a Moana ride at AK (which has already been scrapped…).

That Galaxy’s Edge has been scrapped has been talked about since 2019 when at the IAAPA Europe conference it was pulled last minute from the DLP presentation there.
I posted the news first in the general (more WDW & DL focused) thread. They don't always know what is going on here.

The Dutch website said they can confirm it is not a rumour anymore.

Disneyland Paris releases new song + video

Nos Histoires Prennent Vie (Our stories come to life) was released for Music Day. The song reminds me of the 30th anniversary song "Shine Brighter", not as catchy but pretty good. And even though the rhyming is not that great (rhyming 'hero' with 'Pluto'?), the video is a great commercial. I have a feeling the song was written in French and then translated by a random translator, without Disney knowledge, to English. That they refer to the 4th dimension instead of the Twilight Zone makes that a little obvious.

Is there any idea of when new stuff is slated to open? (Especially Frozen/Tangled stuff) I’m trying to set my own expectations appropriately 😂 (visiting June 2025)

Is there any idea of when new stuff is slated to open? (Especially Frozen/Tangled stuff) I’m trying to set my own expectations appropriately 😂 (visiting June 2025)
I hope it is open by then, but we didn't get a specific date or time of year yet. With refurbishments etc. in France, I would always advise to keep your expectations low, they tend to take longer than you would think.

Disneyland Paris testing with order kiosks at Café Hyperion

Disneyland Paris will start testing the use of order kiosks at Hyperion.
Hyperion is the only restaurant in Discoveryland, so it's always incredibly busy. Fingers crossed this is going to improve things.

Practical information:

• This test period introduces the installation of 5 ordering columns equipped with double-sided screens.
  • During this test period, only Visa (including Visa Electron), Mastercard (including Maestro) and American Express cards will be accepted.
  • A nearby staff member will be available to assist guests if necessary.
  • The kiosks will display allergen information and regulatory notices.
  • The kiosks are available in French and English.
  • Discounts do not apply during the test period , nor do smartphone payments. (Disneyland Pass & Cast member discount)
  • During this test period, the traditional cash registers will remain available for guests who prefer them.

Disneyland Paris has to pay €400,000 fine

As far as I understand the issue: Disneyland Paris has to pay the €400K ($430k) fine for the communication about the new Annual Passes.
Last year when the new program was introduced (a 40% increase in price and basically all perks were removed), they claimed that there would be a quota how many APs there would be available. This "pressured" people in getting the new passes as soon as possible.

It is probably not a lot for a company like DLP, but it is not a good look.

Disneyland Paris will start testing the use of order kiosks at Hyperion.
Hyperion is the only restaurant in Discoveryland, so it's always incredibly busy.
That, plus the fact that despite the building having been set up with about ten possible tills, only two of them ever seem to be staffed (maybe three during the lunch rush if you're lucky). And yet some of the smaller counter service restaurants tend to have the same or more staff taking orders despite less tills, meaning you get served way quicker elsewhere.

It's always been our family in-joke that as soon as we check in at our DLP hotel, one of us should head straight over to Hyperion and hopefully they'll get to the front of the line before the holiday is over, or maybe that they should do Premier Access just for that restaurant!

That, plus the fact that despite the building having been set up with about ten possible tills, only two of them ever seem to be staffed (maybe three during the lunch rush if you're lucky). And yet some of the smaller counter service restaurants tend to have the same or more staff taking orders despite less tills, meaning you get served way quicker elsewhere.

It's always been our family in-joke that as soon as we check in at our DLP hotel, one of us should head straight over to Hyperion and hopefully they'll get to the front of the line before the holiday is over, or maybe that they should do Premier Access just for that restaurant!
Yeah, it is so strange how understaffed they are. And even stranger: this restaurant has the most seating in whole of DLP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest