Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

Novatrix

Dreamfinder-in-Training
Time to start a thread for this year's race! :)

Info: http://run.disneylandparis.com/event

Event: Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Disneyland Paris 5k
When: Friday, September 21st, 2018
Time: 8 pm

runDisney Kids Races
Saturday, September 22nd, 2018
Time: 11 am

Disneyland Paris 10k
When: Saturday, September 22nd, 2018
Time: 7 am

Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe Half Marathon
When: Sunday, September 23nd, 2018
Time: 7am

It seemed like there were new topics being started regarding the race, and questions being posted in last year's race thread without there being a dedicated place to accumulate everything.

Anyway, took the plunge and signed up for the race since Disneyland Paris is currently running a 4 nights for the price of 2 special. Castle to Chateau here I come. :cool1:

Castle to Chateau here I come.

Were you actually able to register for that? I managed to get registered for the 36k challenge but the CM on the phone was pretty clueless when I asked about Castle to Chateau.

Were you actually able to register for that? I managed to get registered for the 36k challenge but the CM on the phone was pretty clueless when I asked about Castle to Chateau.

According to the wording on the rundisneyland paris website, you sign up for the Castle to Chateau when you fill out your runner profile which, per my package information, "You will receive a link later to fill the mandatory information form on your runner profile. "

So not signed up yet, but will be once they release that.

can you register just for the race (36K challenge) without having to use GETTRAVEL that includes park and hotels? I ask because I want to get the park tickets but not the HOTEL - which has a requirement for staying at least on the saturday at the hotel and the lowest price for a one night saturday stay at one of their 6 available hotels is $320!!!!!! I am finding airline tickets for about $500 but don't want to have to spend that much for a darn hotel. So I wanted to know if there is any way to register for just the race if you are coming from the US. thanks.

can you register just for the race (36K challenge) without having to use GETTRAVEL that includes park and hotels? I ask because I want to get the park tickets but not the HOTEL - which has a requirement for staying at least on the saturday at the hotel and the lowest price for a one night saturday stay at one of their 6 available hotels is $320!!!!!! I am finding airline tickets for about $500 but don't want to have to spend that much for a darn hotel. So I wanted to know if there is any way to register for just the race if you are coming from the US. thanks.

Based on what I read about 2017, race only registration will occur sometime during the second quarter. I think it was June but you can double check in that thread.

I booked the entire trip directly with Disneyland Paris (called WDW, told the automatic system Disneyland Paris and I was transferred to the U.K. call center). I booked during a ‘get a night free’ promo in January so my 6 night all in (hotel w/park entry, 1/2 board, photopass, travel insurance, airport transfer, race and taxes) was $390.50 a night. If you have not already done so, it might be worth playing on the Disneyland Paris site to cost it out and then call them directly. For planning purposes the 36k challenge was $189.

No matter what you will be in a hotel Saturday night; with the half marathon on Sunday there is no way to avoid it.

Based on what I read about 2017, race only registration will occur sometime during the second quarter. I think it was June but you can double check in that thread.

I booked the entire trip directly with Disneyland Paris (called WDW, told the automatic system Disneyland Paris and I was transferred to the U.K. call center). I booked during a ‘get a night free’ promo in January so my 6 night all in (hotel w/park entry, 1/2 board, photopass, travel insurance, airport transfer, race and taxes) was $390.50 a night. If you have not already done so, it might be worth playing on the Disneyland Paris site to cost it out and then call them directly. For planning purposes the 36k challenge was $189.

No matter what you will be in a hotel Saturday night; with the half marathon on Sunday there is no way to avoid it.
but why do I need to stay at their overpriced hotels to do it? can't I stay off-site and get there in the morning via taxi/car/metro/etc?

hmm, didn't realize the race hasn't opened up yet...might have to do the gettravel otherwise waiting 2nd quarter might not mean I can get $500 round trip flights.

but why do I need to stay at their overpriced hotels to do it? can't I stay off-site and get there in the morning via taxi/car/metro/etc?

hmm, didn't realize the race hasn't opened up yet...might have to do the gettravel otherwise waiting 2nd quarter might not mean I can get $500 round trip flights.

My understanding is you only have to stay on-site if you book the bibs with either a travel provider or Disneyland Paris. Based on the 2017 thread there were plenty of people who had airfare and local hotels booked and then waited to get their bibs when they went on sale.

In 2016, I stayed off site and walked to the start. It was roundabout so I recommend taking the RER A train instead. In 2017, the Half/10K challenge could be booked bib-only, so I assume the three-race challenge will be available as well, so long as it doesn’t sell out.

You can stay anywhere you like, we stayed last 2 years at the neighbouring hotels (Kyriad) and took the shuttle bus to the park. Only issue is that there were so many problems last year with getting your bib-only reservation, it was an absolute nightmare. And with the hotel, although I love staying here normally, the breakfast started late, the first bus was really crowded. Therefore this year we decided to skip all that and stay at the overpriced hotel, but with the AP discount and with 2 people it is doable.

If you are looking to book hotel and bibs together, Disneyland Paris just announced an “up to 25% off hotel and Disney Parks tickets and free half board” for stays from March 21-November 6, but must book by April 25th.

Optimistically joining this thread....

Just learned I got approved for a work trip to Edinburgh in September...and when I was looked at races there, discovered the DLP events were happening the following weekend!

So if all works out, DH and I will extend my work trip into a 10th anniversary celebration that involves Edinburgh, London, and Paris. Looking at the 10k...but tempted by the HM (as I’ve done WDW and DL half’s). However, flying home to Boston the day of a HM sounds not great, as does running after a week of being a tourist.

However, flying home to Boston the day of a HM sounds not great, as does running after a week of being a tourist.
Chances are some of the people coming from the US will be doing some type of tourist stuff before the race. I will freely admit I am one of them as I leave for Europe at the end of August.

Have fun in Edinburgh. It is a wonderful city. A much different vibe from London which is my most favorite city to visit.

I pulled the trigger...in for Paris 2018. Bought 2 nights at Cheyenne hotel with 2 day park hoppers and 36K challenge for like $985 (don't recall exact total). This was after finding $500 round trip tickets per person from Houston to Brussels....actually the flight was from Houston to Paris and then a train to Brussels, but I can skip the train on both legs and stay in Paris instead. A flight from Houston to Paris round trip was oer $1000!!! How crazy is that....just find a flight to a near by city and it is half price!!!!

So the most expensive part was the hotel and I got the cheapest they had...still ouch at $574 total for 2 nights

$574.00 - 2 RN, Disney's Hotel Cheyenne - Standard Room-Second Tier Pricing,
Check-In: 9/21/18, Check-Out: 9/23/18, 1 nights @ $254 (9/21-9/22), 1
nights @ $320 (9/22-9/23)
$200.00 - Sports registrations - Paris - 36K-2nd Wave
$208.00 - 2 tDisneyland Tickets - All Ages, Park Hopper, 2 Days

I have done about zero research thus far, but if we do 1 night hotel, 1 day park ticket, and the 10k, would a package make sense? Or is that only helpful for multiple nights?

If not, then is the 10k hard to get a bib for if I register as soon as it’s releases?

I have done about zero research thus far, but if we do 1 night hotel, 1 day park ticket, and the 10k, would a package make sense? Or is that only helpful for multiple nights?

If not, then is the 10k hard to get a bib for if I register as soon as it’s releases?

I have no personal experience, but I was chatting with someone at Princess who has run all the Paris races and his number one piece of advice was to register ASAP once bib only registration is available.

Keep an eye out for package deals for the hotel rooms. Currently, if you book via the France Disneyland Paris website it's 25% off the room and park tickets (any price you see directly from disney includes park tickets in the price of the room) and you don't need to book via your own countries website. It's not like Disney World where you have to show Florida ID to get Florida prices. You might want to just book a 100% refundable room (non-Disney) in the area, and cancel if some better deal pops up.

So I am super sad that I wasn’t at WDW longer after the 25th anniversary marathon this year as I feel like I didn’t get to wear my special Mickey Ears long enough and I’m not brave enough to just randomly wear them to the grocery store or picking the kids up from school, do people in the parks at DL Paris really not wear Mickey Ears? The DLP half marathon weekend is my next trip to a Disney park and I want to wear my cool Ears :earboy2:

@BadPinkTink would you be able to answer the question? Based on all of the lurking I have done in the Disneyland Paris forum the last few months it is apparent that you have a lot of DLP knowledge and are willing to share with DLP newbies (which most of us on this thread are). Thanks.

So I am super sad that I wasn’t at WDW longer after the 25th anniversary marathon this year as I feel like I didn’t get to wear my special Mickey Ears long enough and I’m not brave enough to just randomly wear them to the grocery store or picking the kids up from school, do people in the parks at DL Paris really not wear Mickey Ears? The DLP half marathon weekend is my next trip to a Disney park and I want to wear my cool Ears :earboy2:

Aww thanks
Yes, it's true, the majority of people don't wear Mickey ears at Disneyland Paris. They don't sell the big variety of designs which are sold in the American parks.

However don't let that put you off. I have a few Mickey ears which I bought over the last few years in Disneyland California. I always wear them in Disneyland Paris

No one will look at you funny if you do wear your ears. But you will be a minority. Although in marathon weekend there will be tons of Americans in the park who do wear ears so there will be more guests with ears than normal.

I have a set of ears from Shanghai, but hardly wear them as they are uncomfortable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!