Disneyland or WDW?

Montana Minnies

A New Generation of Mouseketeers
:wave: Hi :)
The last time I went to Disneyland was June 2000, California Adventure was just under construction, I had no idea Disneyland was making such changes as by adding that and Downtown Disney besides.
Do you believe the changes have benefited Disneyland? What do you think of the changes, good or bad?
I am trying to talk my sister into visiting Disneyland since she has not been there for over 20 years, but she prefers WDW because she feels it offers more to do and is sold on it's onsite resorts. It is much closer for us to travel to Disneyland, living in Montana. With the additions made to Disneyland is there similar variety as in WDW? Which park do you enjoy most and why?
Thanks for your input. ::yes::
::MinnieMo

Well before CA and DTD opened I used to go to Disneyland once a year, now I go once a month. I love the new additions. It is hard to compare WDW and DL because there are very different. WDW is about 5 times as big as DL, so of course there is much more to do there. Does that mean that DL doesn't deserve a 3 or 4 day visit? Of course not! There are things that Disneyland has that Disney World does not: Indiana Jones, Soarin' OVer California (for now), the Matterhorn, and a vastly superior Pirates of the Carribean. Combine a few days at Disneyland with a visit to all the other wonderful things that Southern California jas to offer and I think you will have a fantastic vacation!

Melissa

msteddom said:
Well before CA and DTD opened I used to go to Disneyland once a year, now I go once a month. I love the new additions. It is hard to compare WDW and DL because there are very different. WDW is about 5 times as big as DL, so of course there is much more to do there. Does that mean that DL doesn't deserve a 3 or 4 day visit? Of course not! There are things that Disneyland has that Disney World does not: Indiana Jones, Soarin' OVer California (for now), the Matterhorn, and a vastly superior Pirates of the Carribean. Combine a few days at Disneyland with a visit to all the other wonderful things that Southern California jas to offer and I think you will have a fantastic vacation!

Melissa

:sunny: Thanks Melissa for the input. My niece will be moving to California in a few weeks. I hope we can meet sometime at Disneyland for some fun! :cool1:
:wave2: ::MinnieMo

If your sister is into the WDW resort hotels you might look into staying at one of the DL hotels. Heres's a Mousesavers article on some good rates at those hotels. The GC is DL's counterpart to the WDW Wilderness Lodge, and is generally quite pricey. This $169 rate is quite a bargain but likely won't be around for long.

http://www.mousesavers.com/dlresorts.html#expedia

jlmarr said:
If your sister is into the WDW resort hotels you might look into staying at one of the DL hotels. Heres's a Mousesavers article on some good rates at those hotels. The GC is DL's counterpart to the WDW Wilderness Lodge, and is generally quite pricey. This $169 rate is quite a bargain but likely won't be around for long.

http://www.mousesavers.com/dlresorts.html#expedia

Thanks jilmarr :)

I just noticed that there is a similar thread posted on Theme Parks and Stragedies Forum, So I have been getting lots of information about DL vs. WDW. I think both are great! :banana: I will pass on your info to my sister too. :Pinkbounc
:cool1: ::MinnieMo :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter