Disneyland Maxpass coming later this year

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by rteetz, Jan 11, 2017.

1. wilkeliza

wilkeliza Registered

Technology is the same the real only difference is the reader. It is not hard to code a reader once they figure it out the first time. The Disney company recently put a patent in for what was clearly DL/DCA to be able to accept rfid, smart watches, smart phones, Bluetooth and qr codes. Basically they are trying to have a system that will have a ton of options for use.

2. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

They are using barcode readers for this. They have been testing them in the parks. I think they can read tickets or smartphones.

lockedoutlogic likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

Operational expenses reduce stock price...is my point. They had to spin an eloborare story of how the bands were gonna increase profits - and the truth is They likely haven't at all - to get the money to get the IT behind it.

5. lockedoutlogic

Those pictures are free in the parks?

6. Accident

Accident DIS Veteran

I saw that patent for the next revision.. I took it as an upgrade everywhere eventually but makes sense for dl/dca first. mobile tech is so popular in asia I can see it lightly being considered there once they iron it out in anaheim.

7. wilkeliza

wilkeliza Registered

Photopass photos aren't free to actually download but are free to take. I was confusing in my effort to clarify haha. I meant digital fp will be 10 but you can still go to a kiosk and get them for free. Digital download of photopass will be included in the $10.

8. Madonna3

Madonna3 DIS Veteran

But if there's no wifi in the park then what's the point of digital fp??

soniam likes this.
  9. lockedoutlogic

Because 9 outta 10 cellphones will be on unlimited data within a year or two

rteetz likes this.
  10. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Mine already is...

11. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

Agree 110%!!! And is it $10/day/pp? That just added $120 to my ticket cost to take my girls for 3 days
    THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!
    sorry....I never type in all caps, but....

mom2rtk and lockedoutlogic like this.
  12. Madonna3

Madonna3 DIS Veteran

so?

13. lockedoutlogic

Yep...

And it will make wifi very marginal. And makes a lot of sense for disney. Everybody has the phone...if the market moves away from hotspots and allows them to save the cost of them...go for it.

14. MJ6987

MJ6987 DIS Veteran

How long before they look at ways to monetise FastPass at WDW then? They already do this at Universal, and now Disneyland.

15. Disney Dad ADL

Disney Dad ADL DIS Veteran

He's saying you don't need to be on Wi-Fi to get the digital FPs, you can just use the data on your cellphone. I would imagine it won't take a ton of data, so I don't think unlimited data will be necessary. It would be very unusual for someone who has a smartphone who can download the DL App not to have data (actually on most carriers I believe it is impossible to have a smartphone without a data plan).

lockedoutlogic likes this.
  16. DisBabe94

DisBabe94 I don't want to survive, I want to LIVE!

At least paper fp are still free... if you can run to get it before the MaxPassers take them all... lol
    It is my hope that they will reserve a certain # for paper and only release a portion of them digitally. Only time will tell!

17. lockedoutlogic

...roughly the day after Star Wars opens?

Madonna3 likes this.
  18. lockedoutlogic

They will charge for things as long as you pay for it. The management is changed...nothing will be done "for the guest" again.

19. bathman123

bathman123 Earning My Ears

This would be my concern as well. If everyone in the Disneyland line can book RSR fast pass as soon as they get into the park (along with those going to DCA), you could see all FP gone within the first hour.

rteetz and DisBabe94 like this.
  20. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

well, international travelers likely wouldn't have data on US systems and would be relying on wifi - but not sure that is the issue at Disneyland it would be at WDW

fbb likes this.
  21. lockedoutlogic

Right...disney dumping wifi also allows Them to use a bill NOT associated with Disney - cell - to potentially save costs and even make additional streams off it.

This is kinda an obvious tact.