Disneyland Hotel Promotions - Late Summer?

dinanicj

Earning My Ears
Does anybody know if Disneyland has hotel promotions in late summer? WDW already has them posted but DL only has promotions on rooms for stays through June 15. We'd like to book our late Aug trip but I'm holding out hope for a discount. Thanks!!

That's because DisneyWorld has their stuff together on their future calendars. DL barely gets out a 6 week notice, so that effects discounts seen on their hotels. It's rare to see anything beyond 3 months.

Yes they usually have a discount that starts mid August after most locals go back to school. I wouldn't expect it to be released until July though because it's usually short notice. Historically the discount isn't a whole lot, usually something like 20% off weekdays only, and only on premium view rooms.

Yes they usually have a discount that starts mid August after most locals go back to school. I wouldn't expect it to be released until July though because it's usually short notice. Historically the discount isn't a whole lot, usually something like 20% off weekdays only, and only on premium view rooms.

I agree. But call and speak to a travel CM. I've occasionally been given the discount on standard view at the Grand even when the advertised special is only for premium view.

It's Pixie Dust when it happens but it never hurts to ask.

+1 for this. For our trip last August the 20% discount rate was announced mid-July if I remember correctly. We already had our reservation but called and the CM adjusted the rate accordingly.

Thanks for the head's up! We are going the third week in August this year which is a time we have never been. I was also wondering about any discounts. :)

Planning our first trip (from PA) for the last week of July.
Are there any reasonable expectations that if I wait - that DL may have some promotions for on-site stays?

Planning our first trip (from PA) for the last week of July.
Are there any reasonable expectations that if I wait - that DL may have some promotions for on-site stays?
No is my vote, they haven't had July discounts for a long time if memory serves. If you can only book with a discount find another hotel, if you can book without one book now. Being late July you could lose that room any summer waiting too long, and if by some miracle Disney announces the train or river or Fantasmic will be open when you're there it will become even more popular. If a deal comes out you can call and have it applied/rebooked to your reservation if space is available.

We usually go that time of year and have had good luck getting discounts from one of the travel websites ... I can't remember if it's booking.com or hotels.com, but they often pop up with 20% off hotels and we've used it with good luck. So try signing up for emails from those sites and see if anything pops up.

I am also going mid-late August. Right now I have a room at DLH reserved via Cheaptickets using a 16% off code they had. Prepaid but fully refundable, so if a better discount ever comes out I can rebook and cancel.

I am also going mid-late August. Right now I have a room at DLH reserved via Cheaptickets using a 16% off code they had. Prepaid but fully refundable, so if a better discount ever comes out I can rebook and cancel.
Actually, this thread inspired me to recheck rates and I was able to rebook the same August dates and same room (DLH city view), still fully refundable, via Travelocity for about $90 less and a higher Ebates cashback than my original Cheaptickets booking. I used the promo code "EbatesSpring14" - hope someone else can benefit as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter