Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

I had so much agita booking dining for D23 Expo last year. Especially when things weren't released at 60 days, and just rolled out kinda...whenever.
If dining reservations don't open promptly at 6:00 am for The Florida Project, there's about 4 angry posts about it in the Dining forum by 6:02. Dining doesn't open at 6:00 am in California, everyone's like "eh, it's Tuesday" 🤪

We own at VGC so I just booked my room for the race. Now I just have to get a bib. Should be easy, right? :rotfl: Dreading next Tuesday morning already.
Me too! Well…. I’m walking a one bedroom. Almost there! I walked a studio for a month through the holidays and just switched it to a one bedroom on Monday. But I also feel like that is 20% of this battle. Tuesday will be intense.

Me too! Well…. I’m walking a one bedroom. Almost there! I walked a studio for a month through the holidays and just switched it to a one bedroom on Monday. But I also feel like that is 20% of this battle. Tuesday will be intense.
I think you are right about Tuesday. I just did a whole week in a 1-bedroom and will adjust later. I will probably do Wednesday to Monday since Monday is a holiday, but still deciding on when to come in (Tuesday or Wednesday). 20% sounds about right--maybe even less. I've never had problems booking VGC 11 months out, but there is so much pent up demand for races who knows.

I think you are right about Tuesday. I just did a whole week in a 1-bedroom and will adjust later. I will probably do Wednesday to Monday since Monday is a holiday, but still deciding on when to come in (Tuesday or Wednesday). 20% sounds about right--maybe even less. I've never had problems booking VGC 11 months out, but there is so much pent up demand for races who knows.
I’m going to book Th-Sun to start. We plan to drive Thursday morning (coming from Phoenix- about 6 hours away). I need to borrow for Sunday night so I want to wait and see if I get the races first. I know this is likely to put me on the waitlist for that night…. But we’ll see what happens. Registration is exactly 11 months from the Sunday night

If dining reservations don't open promptly at 6:00 am for The Florida Project, there's about 4 angry posts about it in the Dining forum by 6:02. Dining doesn't open at 6:00 am in California, everyone's like "eh, it's Tuesday" 🤪

We are way more laid back out here when it comes to that stuff 😁. Everyone enjoy the California vibes :cool1:

But for real our quick service is way better than WDW. Sit down is really not necessary to get a decent meal (and frankly the sit down options at DLR do not compare to what WDW has). And many places can be gotten by joining the wait list day of. It's probably a big reason no one really sweats it out here when they don't drop on time.

Bengal BBQ is ::chef's kiss::

We are way more laid back out here when it comes to that stuff 😁. Everyone enjoy the California vibes :cool1:

But for real our quick service is way better than WDW. Sit down is really not necessary to get a decent meal (and frankly the sit down options at DLR do not compare to what WDW has). And many places can be gotten by joining the wait list day of. It's probably a big reason no one really sweats it out here when they don't drop on time.

Bengal BBQ is ::chef's kiss::
Agreed on the QS at DLR! I do sweat getting ADR for Storytellers and certain others, but never worried about grabbing a bite at a QS. Only gripe about QS is that mobile order can be a bit of a wait.

Didn't even know this event was happening until last week, when I saw RunDisney's IG post, lol. Only ever been to DL once before, back in 2017 when I did the Tinkerbell Half (see profile pic).

Now, I have anxiety about registration next week! :rotfl: I survived the Great Registration Debacle that was for this past MW, and ended up getting the HM registration I wanted, but I'm trying not to let my expectations get too high for this one. I did still just book 4 nights at the HoJo, totally cancellable, just to have something set in stone. It's hard to not already have a whole SoCal trip planned in my head though!

Didn't even know this event was happening until last week, when I saw RunDisney's IG post, lol. Only ever been to DL once before, back in 2017 when I did the Tinkerbell Half (see profile pic).

Now, I have anxiety about registration next week! :rotfl: I survived the Great Registration Debacle that was for this past MW, and ended up getting the HM registration I wanted, but I'm trying not to let my expectations get too high for this one. I did still just book 4 nights at the HoJo, totally cancellable, just to have something set in stone. It's hard to not already have a whole SoCal trip planned in my head though!
Welcome to the anxiety party!

So….. since registration is going to be smooth sailing since only the people on this thread are even going to be online…. What is everyone registering for?

Me:
DH, Me, DS 13, DD 11 5K
DH, DS 10K
Me ugh. Still undecided between half and challenge. Let’s say challenge
LOL, I"m sure super smooth.

I'm planning on Dumbo for myself, and 5k for myself, hubby, and DS. The question is whether I do my Dumbo first, and then go back in and try to do the others. I worry about taking too much time. Gonna call an audible on (hunger) game day, but I suspect I'll be selfish :)

So….. since registration is going to be smooth sailing since only the people on this thread are even going to be online…. What is everyone registering for?

Me:
DH, Me, DS 13, DD 11 5K
DH, DS 10K
I want the C2C medal -so my only goal is registering for the half.

I've never registered for runDisney before.....DH normally has a very flexible work schedule, but of course next week during registration he has work training that cannot be moved or missed so I'll be in charge of registration by myself!!! EEEEK!!!

I want to run Half, and DH wants to run 10k.

We're coming from the East Coast and these dates aren't even really convenient for my family so I'm not sure how to prioritize this. My son will be with us so DH & I can't run the same race b/c one of us will need to babysit our son while the other adult runs.

I'm afraid that if I go thru and register for me and the hit "add another registration" to add DH, I'll get to the payment screen and the Half will be sold out and the payment will only go thru for DH's 10k.

I want this bad enough that I'll travel across the country to do it.....DH wants to run the 10k so he can be included in the race atmosphere, but if I wasn't going to run the Half, he's not excited about this enough to fly across the country to run 10k on some random day in January. ykwim...?

For people that are registering multiple people how are you managing it?

I don't want to be selfish and just register for myself and then hope I get thru the queue a second time to register for DH....that seems even less likely that we would actually each both get to race, but I also don't want to just end up with him racing and me watching on the sidelines....He would eventually get over it if I'm the only one that can race, but I'd feel like a selfish jerk.

.....and if Tuesday goes really, really, badly, with neither of us getting registered then I will probably book some last minute, expensive flight to Disney World to drown my sorrows!!!

Me:
DH, Me, DS 13, DD 11 5K
DH, DS 10K
I only need the yoga, since I have Platinum CrD, and it won’t ruin the trip if I miss out, so I’ll only be opening one browser window (ok, maybe 2 if the initial time displayed is excessive 😆)

I've never registered for runDisney before.....DH normally has a very flexible work schedule, but of course next week during registration he has work training that cannot be moved or missed so I'll be in charge of registration by myself!!! EEEEK!!!

I want to run Half, and DH wants to run 10k.

We're coming from the East Coast and these dates aren't even really convenient for my family so I'm not sure how to prioritize this. My son will be with us so DH & I can't run the same race b/c one of us will need to babysit our son while the other adult runs.

I'm afraid that if I go thru and register for me and the hit "add another registration" to add DH, I'll get to the payment screen and the Half will be sold out and the payment will only go thru for DH's 10k.

I want this bad enough that I'll travel across the country to do it.....DH wants to run the 10k so he can be included in the race atmosphere, but if I wasn't going to run the Half, he's not excited about this enough to fly across the country to run 10k on some random day in January. ykwim...?

For people that are registering multiple people how are you managing it?

I don't want to be selfish and just register for myself and then hope I get thru the queue a second time to register for DH....that seems even less likely that we would actually each both get to race, but I also don't want to just end up with him racing and me watching on the sidelines....He would eventually get over it if I'm the only one that can race, but I'd feel like a selfish jerk.

.....and if Tuesday goes really, really, badly, with neither of us getting registered then I will probably book some last minute, expensive flight to Disney World to drown my sorrows!!!
If you are registering multiple people at the same time by using "add another registration" the payment will not go through unless all races are available. It's an all or nothing deal. That would mean both you and your husband are both registered or neither are.

If you are registering multiple people at the same time by using "add another registration" the payment will not go through unless all races are available. It's an all or nothing deal. That would mean both you and your husband are both registered or neither are.
Thank you so much! That is so helpful to know.

I may try and register just for the 10k. My rationale is: I've run the DL half before (2010), I have a coast to coast medal (did M at WDW in 2010), the 10k seems to maximize park time, and I am going to consider this an LA vacation with a Disney add-on rather than a Disney trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter