• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Guide Books

jgmklmhem

DIS Veteran
From my signature one can see we have done WDW many times, but when it comes to DL I am a novice. I was wondering what guide books people would recommend. I have Birnbaums 2003 edition (garage sale pick up) for DL, but it is outdated and was looking to get something more recent for our trip in April.

I would get a current Birnbaums. It is especially helpfull for each member of the family to initial their "must do's", and "must eat's". But, all planning info is better off of the sites mentioned.

I wouldn't necessarily get another Birnbaum's if I were you. They are my least favorite guide books -- nice pictures but not a lot of info -- I'd agree with using it for scrapbooking though.

I have used the unofficial guide to WDW when I have gone there so it might be worth checking out the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland -- at least then it's a little more objective info.

Noone has any 50th celebration info yet so these boards seem to be the best source (not that it's going on in April when you plan to go)

Yeah having 50th celebration info ins't as important as having more up to date info on attractions and such. It currently looks like only jungle cruise, canal boats, and casey Jr will be down while we are there.

I have been using the websites religiously, but it is always good to have something with you and I love to read travel guidebooks from all different places...so I was just looking for suggestions.

I really like the Unofficial Guide, I get one every year whether I'm planning a trip or not!!

I usually order from Overstock.com, they tend to be the least expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter