• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Attraction and Dining Reviews

I didn't know you can return things ... did you just decide to purchase the other or were they willing to exchange it for you for something else since you didn't like it? Thanks! :)

They did exchange it for me, it just tasted really bad and they had no problem giving me the other dish and it was sooo much better.

They did exchange it for me, it just tasted really bad and they had no problem giving me the other dish and it was sooo much better.
That's nice to know they are willing to do this! Your post pictures made me hungry! I want to try that chocolate pie :)

Not sure this is the right place to ask but can anyone tell me what hours lunch is served and when dinner starts @Blue Bayou?
Thank you!

pirate:

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this, but you might be able to find it on the allears site. Have you ever seen it? You could google Disneyland restaurant menus and then allears will be one of the first things that pops up. Good luck!

Here are some pics from my trip back in April,i can't remember the exact descriptions of the food but hopefully the pictures will show all :)

Disneyland park

Hungry Bear restaurant-Critter county
Loved this counter service we ate there twice,had nice views of the river and the boats passing by,it gets quite busy at lunchtime but if you walk downstairs less busy.

Fried green tomato sandwich-highly recommend,lots of filling and came with delicious sweet potato fries *****

I think this was the cheeseburger, again with sweet potato fries

Blue ribbon bakery-Main street USA
Stopped in here for a quick snack twice

Cinammon roll served with hot pecans and caramel sauce,bun itself was quite dry on the outside but soft on the inside.

Cinnamon roll again but with cream cheese this time,did not enjoy the topping on this,too cheesy for me :)

Banana nut muffin

California adventure park

Bakersfield bakery-In the zephyr train carriage

Chocolate croissant

Matterhorn macaroon-very tasty

Pacific Wharf cafe
We stopped here for lunch,we shared one of the salad bread bowls,we had a fish one,there was meant to be egg in it but it was just a prawn cocktail, I don't recommend this as the bowl was quite tough to eat and did not turn out like the description on the menu.:confused3

Chilli bowl with cheese on top

All I can say is yum yum yum! I'll be there soon and can't wait to eat basically one of everything seen in this quote! :lmao:

Is there any character dinings that aren't worth it? We are mainly doing it for character hunting so if we are able to meet them in the parks, we want to avoid having to splurge an extra $$$ for meals! Thanks in advance

I'll fess up to having never (ever) eaten at Hungry Bear or Cafe Orleans in all my visits to Disneyland until last weekend. Obviously, I was a fool for a long time.

The Hungry Bear's fried green tomato sandwich is as wonderful as everyone says. If I hadn't been in Disneyland (where so much other great food exists) I would not have believed I was eating it in a theme park counter-service restaurant. I thought it was that good. Even better, actually, with the upcharged sweet potato fries.

Cafe Orleans was a lunchtime walk-up for us (though they stopped taking walkups by the time we left.) Sitting outside overlooking the Rivers of America was awesome. The overall vibe of the place--as well as the very attentive service--was just classy. I enjoyed my usual, wonderful Monte Cristo I usually pay a lot more for at Blue Bayou, happy to know it was the same sandwich since both restaurants use the same kitchen. But what really got us was the pommes frites with Cajun remoulade appetizer--we thought they were among the best french fries we've ever eaten (and we actually have a thing for gourmet french fries.) The beignets, as well, were as good as I've always heard.

In fact, we both decided that Cafe Orleans is our new favorite restaurant in Disneyland, and a much better value and vibe than our former and much more expensive favorite, Blue Bayou! So good thing we branched out this time!

:confused3 OK, so I'm a newbie, but totally appreciate all the volumes of pictures, posts, and heartfelt wisdom shared here. You-all rock! ::yes::
Totally looking forward to parlaying all this into a GREAT family vacation!

one thing we will miss from WDW is a good breakfast buffet , we love Boma and Cape May , are there any comparable breakfast buffets in DLR ?

Well, Boma and Cape May are very special for breakfast and dinner. We ate at Minnie's Breakfast and highly recommend that you do not go there. The food was mediocre, but the service was terrible. Surf's-up was good. The food was much, much better than Minnie's. Now, I haven't eaten at Storyteller's for breakfast yet. It is on my list for next year. Every other meal we had had at Storyteller's was fantastic. However, I don't think you will find a Boma experience at DLR. I do think Surf's-up was comparable to Cape May.

What's everyone's opinion on the best counter service restaurant for dinner during the summer?

Wait until the sun is starting to set and grab an outdoor seat at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe. I had the beef salad and it was delicious. Even on a fairly crowded day we didn't have a problem grabbing a table at 6:00 PM.

At CA, I am absolutely in love with Flo's V8 Cafe. We've never tried the seating where you can see Radiator Springs Racers, but always sat in Doc's office. I had the turkey breast and it was fabulous.

The only counter service place I tried at Downtown Disney was the Jazz Kitchen Express, and I really disliked it. Everything is fried, so if you don't want fried, don't eat there.

The Surfsider Lounge in the Paradise Pier Hotel serves a counter service dinner but I have't tried it. Ditto for Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian. I have enjoyed a nice lunch at the Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel, but I don't know what it's like for dinner.

Is there any character dinings that aren't worth it? We are mainly doing it for character hunting so if we are able to meet them in the parks, we want to avoid having to splurge an extra $$$ for meals! Thanks in advance

I think Minnie's breakfast at the Plaza Inn is nice. Of course, the meal isn't worth the price. You are paying to meet Minnie and her friends, and you get a nice photo op with a professional photographer, too. However, you can meet characters in Disneyland without paying, if you are willing to wait in a bit of a line. Most characters will have a reasonable line (between 10-20 minutes), but occasionally for a big name (like Minnie or Mickey), it can be longer. Hang out just where Main Street starts during peak times of the day, and the characters will be there. Or look for Pooh and his friends just near the exit to Splash Mountain. Sometimes you can meet Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet by waiting in the same line. And that's all free! (and of course, Mickey's in his house in Toon Town as well.)

I'll fess up to having never (ever) eaten at Hungry Bear or Cafe Orleans in all my visits to Disneyland until last weekend. Obviously, I was a fool for a long time.

The Hungry Bear's fried green tomato sandwich is as wonderful as everyone says. If I hadn't been in Disneyland (where so much other great food exists) I would not have believed I was eating it in a theme park counter-service restaurant. I thought it was that good. Even better, actually, with the upcharged sweet potato fries.

Cafe Orleans was a lunchtime walk-up for us (though they stopped taking walkups by the time we left.) Sitting outside overlooking the Rivers of America was awesome. The overall vibe of the place--as well as the very attentive service--was just classy. I enjoyed my usual, wonderful Monte Cristo I usually pay a lot more for at Blue Bayou, happy to know it was the same sandwich since both restaurants use the same kitchen. But what really got us was the pommes frites with Cajun remoulade appetizer--we thought they were among the best french fries we've ever eaten (and we actually have a thing for gourmet french fries.) The beignets, as well, were as good as I've always heard.

In fact, we both decided that Cafe Orleans is our new favorite restaurant in Disneyland, and a much better value and vibe than our former and much more expensive favorite, Blue Bayou! So good thing we branched out this time!

We love Café Orleans, but that sandwich is just too much for us! Those pommes frites certainly are good. And I'll agree with you about the fried green tomato sandwich! Sad Hungry Bear is closing for a while. I hope the menu is the same when they reopen it.

What's everyone's opinion on the best counter service restaurant for dinner during the summer?

There are so many great options. If it's still daylight, I love the French Market. Their food is so good, too! If it's dark, I personally like the ambience of the Rancho del Zocalo, and the food is better than you'd expect for mass produced fast Mexican (but I'm from Denver).

heading out to Disneyland this October. Any suggestions on dining there, we usual do middle of road dining. not cheap and not too expensive. Staying at the Grand Californian. Also what are some of the must see things, special on tours and admissions. thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter