Disneyland App Wait Times

DarthGallifrey

Mouseketeer
The Disneyland app shows wait times like the WDW, correct? I downloaded it and have been checking in the mornings but it isn't showing wait times. Is this normal or am I the lucky one that this is happening to haha?

The app will show wait times and if it doesn't its usually because the ride is closed/down for some reason. What time in the morning are you checking; wait times can't appear if the parks aren't open yet

The app will show wait times and if it doesn't its usually because the ride is closed/down for some reason. What time in the morning are you checking; wait times can't appear if the parks aren't open yet

You know as I was typing up a response for this I realized that I am 3 hours ahead of Anaheim time. Ignore me lol. Im not used to factoring that in.

You can check disneyland side now to watch Magic Morning times. If they look a little high, don't be too discouraged. 3 day discount tickets end this Thursday, so people will be rushing to the park to use them. At 11 am your time, you can check for the regular opening.

Thanks! I was checking yesterday morning around noon my time and now taking the time difference into account you can really see the benefit of EMH there. Glad im staying on site

sorry to hijack OP's thread but I'm wondering how accurate the Disney times are

saying this bc the app once said 25 minutes for an attraction then we ended up waiting 1 hour

saying this bc the app once said 25 minutes for an attraction then we ended up waiting 1 hour

I would be curious about this too. WDW seems to inflate their wait times for some of the big name attractions. At least in my experience.

For the most part they are pretty accurate. However, if the ride breaks down, or there is some sort of delay, then that cane add to the wait times. From my experience, they will announce if there is a "momentary delay". If there's an actual breakdown, they'll have you clear the line, and will give you a Replacement fastpass (if the ride has a fastpass), if not they'll just clear the line.

I would be curious about this too. WDW seems to inflate their wait times for some of the big name attractions. At least in my experience.
Same, whenever it's less than the actual attraction's wait they either want people to go there or they're just slow to update. But normally it's greater to make people avoid those big attractions. I'm curious to see how it is with DL.

For the most part they are pretty accurate. However, if the ride breaks down, or there is some sort of delay, then that cane add to the wait times. From my experience, they will announce if there is a "momentary delay". If there's an actual breakdown, they'll have you clear the line, and will give you a Replacement fastpass (if the ride has a fastpass), if not they'll just clear the line.
Thanks for the info. Are they ever slow to update times as they change?

This is probably a dumb question but how do you refresh the app on your phone or how can you tell if it has been refreshed? (I have an iphone if that makes a difference)

This is probably a dumb question but how do you refresh the app on your phone or how can you tell if it has been refreshed? (I have an iphone if that makes a difference)
What I do, and is probably not the most accurate way, is I close down the app, then reopen it. I have an iphone too. I just did it a few minutes ago, and Matterhorn went from 70 to 75.

Sometimes, but if you refresh the app, it should post the updated time. Had tht happen with the Pal Around. We saw 5 minutes, but didn't refresh, walked over there and the wait was 30 minutes.
Silly question how do you refresh the app? I am usually notnthis stupid but I can't figure this out on the app.

I find overestimating wait times to be more of an issue at WDW. In my extensive experience, DL wait times tend to be less than what is posted, with the occasional outlier. DL CMs are VERY good about updating the people in line over the PA system when a wait will be significantly longer than posted. I hear these announcements pretty frequently. They will say something to the effect of "for those folks just now getting into the line, your wait will be longer than expected," followed by an updated wait time. I think this happens mostly on FP rides when there is a sudden and unexpected influx of FP users, usually because another ride broke down and people are using their multiple experience pass elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter