Disneyland (Anaheim) Suggestion

traveler_t

Earning My Ears
Hi

We're traveling to Disneyland for the first time with two girl toddlers (3.5yo, 5.5yo). We will have two full days + day of check in + day of check out. Wondering how to split the days.

1. My understanding is Disneyland is better for this age than DCA. Is it better to do both full days in Disneyland (and one half day in DCA) or one full day in each park?

2. We want to buy the 3-days ticket for CA residents so we need to choose only one of our non-full days. Which day would be better to go to the park, our first day (Tuesday afternoon - cheaper ticket but maybe tired from flight) or our last day (Friday morning - busier?)

Thanks!

Regarding which days to choose - if you go on Friday morning, will you rope drop? If so, that's my vote.
I would look at the rides in DCA to see which ones your kids can ride from a height standpoint. The ones that I think are best for littles would be
  • Monster's Inc
  • Web Slingers,
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Jessie's Carousel
  • Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters
  • Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Golden Zephyr
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish
  • Little Mermaid
  • Silly Swings

Additionally there are other fantastic attractions in DCA that they might love, like Mickey's Philharmagic and Turtle Talk with Crush, as well as the Redwood Creek Trail for running around and playing (and Chip & Dale often come play with the kids there!)

All that said, if you rope drop it Friday morning, you can probably do everything you want in that half day.

Mornings are better if you rope drop. Plus you might have travel delays. I would plan pool time and Downtown Disney on Tuesday afternoon and park time Friday morning.

1. Disneyland is better than DCA for that age, unless they're big Cars fans. Pixar Pier does have a lot of rides for that age though, especially if they like Toy Story.

2. Mornings are always better than afternoons, IMO. You can get a lot accomplished early in the morning.

I would say take them to Downtown Disney on your first travel day. They can get a feel of the area and have some fun at the World of Color store.

Maybe do 1 day at DL, 1 at CA, and half day at DL. That's how we'd handled 3 day trips before.

Last edited:

Regarding which days to choose - if you go on Friday morning, will you rope drop? If so, that's my vote.
I would look at the rides in DCA to see which ones your kids can ride from a height standpoint. The ones that I think are best for littles would be
  • Monster's Inc
  • Web Slingers,
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Jessie's Carousel
  • Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters
  • Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Golden Zephyr
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish
  • Little Mermaid
  • Silly Swings

Additionally there are other fantastic attractions in DCA that they might love, like Mickey's Philharmagic and Turtle Talk with Crush, as well as the Redwood Creek Trail for running around and playing (and Chip & Dale often come play with the kids there!)

All that said, if you rope drop it Friday morning, you can probably do everything you want in that half day.
I’d add Emotional Whirlwind and Pixar Pal Around (non-swinging) to the list also as age appropriate attractions.

I like Disneyland better for that age. We've had trips where we didn't do DCA at all. All of Fantasyland is great, plus Small World, Winnie the pooh, the train, the Mark twain river boat, Tiki room, fireworks etc.
There are fun things to do at DCA, too. Like Ariel and Pixar Pier. I'd do 2 full days at Disneyland and a half day at DCA.

I would do Tuesday afternoon rather than Friday. Whenever we go to the park on check-out day it feels hurried and not as relaxing. On Tuesday afternoon you'd probably get a similar amount of hours in the park, but then go back to the hotel to sleep and get ready for the next day.

I agree on Tuesday afternoon vs the checkout day. I know when we've done a partial day on checkout I'm constantly checking the time and it ruins the fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter