DisneyL Hotel view help

disneystick

DIS Veteran
I will be staying at DLH starting Dec. 28. Please let me know if there is a room preference that allows some fireworks viewing? Is it Downtown Diseny or towards CAL? Or should I just go ahead and save some cost and settle for a standard view vs. prem.

I had a standard view and saw the fireworks.

An upper floor with a Downtown Disney view would also have the best views of fireworks.

As far as if the cost is worth it, that is up to you. You may want to consider that during the time you'll be there is one of the busiest times of the year. Once the fireworks are over, the extreme masses of people will start heading out of DL - so if you don't want to feel like you're in the middle of a stampede or a herd of cattle, then a room with a view of the fireworks may be worth the extra cost.

Another option for you is to book a standard view room at the Paradise Pier and watch the nightly fireworks from the pool deck. It has the music of the fireworks show piped in and a great view of the fireworks, so you can relax and enjoy without having to fight the crowds for a good viewing spot or being squished by the mass crowds on the way out.

Have fun on your trip. :sunny:

Not necessarily to view the fireworks, but does anyone know which tower has the best views?

It seems that the Sierra Tower maybe the best bet since it is horizontal to DL so you'd either see the pool/courtyard or DL/DCA/DTD. The other two towers are vertical to DL so if staying in the rooms not facing the pool/courtyard it would be a city view. Does that sound right?

We were in the Marina tower facing the parking lot, but we could see the fireworks. I think we were on the 8th floor. We watched them from our room the first 3 nights of our stay. That worked out well for our DD7 and DS5, because they were too tired and actually fell asleep before 9:00. On our last night we sat infront of the castle. IMHO that was truely the best place to see the whole show. I was a little sorry that we only saw the show from that vantage point once. DS fell asleep on Main Street, and never did see the show.

We staying DLH Oct. 13-17th concierge and I believe that is the Sierra tower, 6th floor. Anyone know about that view?

churchlady said:
We staying DLH Oct. 13-17th concierge and I believe that is the Sierra tower, 6th floor. Anyone know about that view?

With concierge we got to pick the view we wanted, either resort (theme park) or pool. We picked the resort. I think it is higher than the 6th though. Maybe the top couple of floors?

mikayla73 said:
Not necessarily to view the fireworks, but does anyone know which tower has the best views?

It seems that the Sierra Tower maybe the best bet since it is horizontal to DL so you'd either see the pool/courtyard or DL/DCA/DTD. The other two towers are vertical to DL so if staying in the rooms not facing the pool/courtyard it would be a city view. Does that sound right?

The rooms in Sierra are premimium views, except maybe for a few rooms behind bushes. So if you book a city view your chances of getting Sierra are a lot smaller than one of the other towers.

Wow! :cool1: My3kids-you have over 5,000 posts! :thumbsup2 :surfweb: :thumbsup2 And here I am just a lowly Mousekeeter! :worship: Thanks for the info! :goodvibes

churchlady said:
Wow! :cool1: My3kids-you have over 5,000 posts! :thumbsup2 :surfweb: :thumbsup2 And here I am just a lowly Mousekeeter! :worship: Thanks for the info! :goodvibes

When we stayed at DLH last time we were in Marina not in Concierge. We aren't staying until NOV. this time so when you get back let me know how concierge was at that hotel. We loved the service at AKL in WW but I don't think concierge is as big a deal at DL as at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter