Disneyfreakjackie

First, I'm glad you liked it!

The stuff I put through the brads is called "Twistel, the original scrapbook paper yarn, made by making memories". I found a great sale on line at least a year ago and ordered every color! I've also seen it in Michaels, but not many choice of colors. I cut a piece and unravel it and it comes out looking kind of tie tied. Here's a link to a site that sells it:Twistel

The Mickey Sticky Brads are made by EK Success, I got these at my LSS. They come in a package of 24, four of each color: red, white, grey & black.
Here's a link: (scroll a little more than half way down)Mickey Sticky Brads

I just have to say I have loved looking at your layouts. They are gorgous. Its kind of the style I am looking for, simple yet very pretty.

Where do you get your ideas and such? Do you get motivation from something like simple scrapbooks?

Just curious as to what helps you do such great layouts.

Thanks!

Thanks for the twistel link...I just ordered $20 worth!

cobbler said:
I just have to say I have loved looking at your layouts. They are gorgous. Its kind of the style I am looking for, simple yet very pretty.

Where do you get your ideas and such? Do you get motivation from something like simple scrapbooks?

Just curious as to what helps you do such great layouts.

Thanks!

:blush: Thanks so much! :blush:

I guess what really helps me is that I LOVE SCRAPBOOKING!! I am so glad my friend bought it into my life!! (DH ... not so much!! CHA CHING! Let's not get into all the BANGING!!! (eyelets!) :earseek: ) Actually DH and very supportive of my scrapbooking addiction. :love2:

I don't know what else, I suppose twopeas helps a lot. I am on that site every day! I don't believe I've ever scraplifted an entire LO, that I'm aware of anyway. :confused3 :goodvibes

I don't know what "simple scrapbooks" is!! Should I?? Is it a magazine? Do I need to have it!??! :earseek:

I know that I really don't like or do a lot of LO's with just one picture ... and (JUST MY OPINION NOW) all the "stuff" and 15 different patterned papers takes away from the pictures so I steer clear of doing that. I'm very anal ... sometimes it can take 1/2 hour to choose the "perfect" color CS and PP :rolleyes: once those are chosen I place the pictures on the paper and move them around A LOT until I'm satisfied, decide which pics to mat (and how many layers) then I add embellishments and sometimes journalling.

I know there is a lot of staring, thinking and finger tapping going on during the process ... my girls know when I'm deep in thought when they hear my nails tapping on the desk!! :goodvibes "What cha' doin' mom, thinking??" :rolleyes1

pppiglet said:
Thanks for the twistel link...I just ordered $20 worth!
YOU GO GIRL!!! :banana: I LOVE TWISTEL!!!

I just loved the layouts. Great job. I also love the twistle stuff. May have to check that out. I love to look at other people's layouts, it gives me inspiration. I am so slow and doing a page. It takes me forever. It has to be just perfect. (i know it's a downfall of mine) Thanks for sharing with us.

:)

I know that I really don't like or do a lot of LO's with just one picture ... and (JUST MY OPINION NOW) all the "stuff" and 15 different patterned papers takes away from the pictures so I steer clear of doing that. I'm very anal ... sometimes it can take 1/2 hour to choose the "perfect" color CS and PP once those are chosen I place the pictures on the paper and move them around A LOT until I'm satisfied, decide which pics to mat (and how many layers) then I add embellishments and sometimes journalling.

Oh my.....this is me exactly! That's why I like your stuff so much!

I swear I posted this once before and I have no idea where the post went.

disneyfreakjackie said:
I don't know what "simple scrapbooks" is!! Should I?? Is it a magazine? Do I need to have it!??! :earseek:
It is a magazine. My friend got me Creating Keepsakes for a birthday gift and I like it but found I like simple scrapbooks magazine better. You can check it out at www.simplescrapbooks.com

I know that I really don't like or do a lot of LO's with just one picture ... and (JUST MY OPINION NOW) all the "stuff" and 15 different patterned papers takes away from the pictures so I steer clear of doing that.

Yes exactly! This is what I love about your layouts so much. I am not into a bunch of clutter either. I am still trying to find my style. I like CM albums and like 2 page layouts. I don't want to wall paper but I am wondering if I will almost have to to get the look I want.

Anywho I really enjoy your layouts :)

I just went onto the site you posted and wandered into the "scrapbooking t-shirts"

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, HAVE THE LAYOUT!!!

That is SO COOL!!! Of course, in my case, it would have to read LAYOUTS!!!

disneyfreakjackie said:
First, I'm glad you liked it!

The stuff I put through the brads is called "Twistel, the original scrapbook paper yarn, made by making memories". I found a great sale on line at least a year ago and ordered every color! I've also seen it in Michaels, but not many choice of colors. I cut a piece and unravel it and it comes out looking kind of tie tied. Here's a link to a site that sells it:Twistel

QUOTE]

I was going to order some and then looked at the main page. It would be cheaper for me to go down to get it since it is in the same state as me. Cool. But maybe it might cost DH more in the long run :rotfl:

Wow! You have some great layouts! I am sure that I will be referring back to them when I am ready to scrapbook my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter