Disney World on Columbus Day/October?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Just found out that we'll probably be traveling to WDW next October from the Sat prior to the Sunday after Columbus Day. Somewhat nervous since it encompasses hurricane season.

For those of you who have returned from your Oct. trips, I have a few questions:

1. Will the MM Halloween party be up & running then?

2. How are the crowds, especially on Columbus Day?

3. How was the weather?

Although I know many of you were on the MYW free dining pkg, I assume AAA & AP rates were available.

Thanks for your help.

We just returned from our honeymoon. Did the exact same, saturday before columbus day through the week. The crowds on the weekend into monday were big, but managable. There were a few of the major attractions that had 60 min waits, but for the most part they were 20- 30 min times.

MNSSHP is going on then, we had a blast a must do. The F&WF is also going on @ Epcot. What a wonderful experience that was as well. The weather was a little on the warm side. low 90's all week, but very little rain. CM's were telling us that it was unseasonably hot for October.

We think that October is a great time to go. There is so much going on. I would not worry about hurricane season too much. Just concentrate on all the fun you'll have and you'll be fine. Have a great trip :wave:

Cplofdisneynutz said:
We just returned from our honeymoon. Did the exact same, saturday before columbus day through the week. The crowds on the weekend into monday were big, but managable. There were a few of the major attractions that had 60 min waits, but for the most part they were 20- 30 min times.

MNSSHP is going on then, we had a blast a must do. The F&WF is also going on @ Epcot. What a wonderful experience that was as well. The weather was a little on the warm side. low 90's all week, but very little rain. CM's were telling us that it was unseasonably hot for October.

We think that October is a great time to go. There is so much going on. I would not worry about hurricane season too much. Just concentrate on all the fun you'll have and you'll be fine. Have a great trip :wave:
IMO hot is good! What a cute couple (especially w/the ears)...sure you'll have many more happy trips together. I totally forgot about F&W. PS tell your Belle, I have the same MM dress, haven't worn it yet - saving it for the trip. LOL.

We also just came back. It 90 degrees most days. Columbus day weekend will be busier, but tuesday- Friday the crowds will fall off. Except for Doing MNNSHP and scooting into MK on night around 10:30PM (EMH) unfortunately I can't comment on too much crowd wise. Spent all our time at F &W. DH and BIL did "try" to do MK and AK on Columbus day (DD and I did DC) The morning wasn't too bad, but both were much busier in the afternoon. Of course, we think 15-20 minute waits (or longer) are unacceptable. We're really spoiled having travelled at less busy times. Oh, and if your'e arriving on Sat, and enjoy trying fine food and wine, definitely do PFFTS! IT's great!

Rpsemont said:
We also just came back. It 90 degrees most days. Columbus day weekend will be busier, but tuesday- Friday the crowds will fall off. Except for Doing MNNSHP and scooting into MK on night around 10:30PM (EMH) unfortunately I can't comment on too much crowd wise. Spent all our time at F &W. DH and BIL did "try" to do MK and AK on Columbus day (DD and I did DC) The morning wasn't too bad, but both were much busier in the afternoon. Of course, we think 15-20 minute waits (or longer) are unacceptable. We're really spoiled having travelled at less busy times. Oh, and if your'e arriving on Sat, and enjoy trying fine food and wine, definitely do PFFTS! IT's great!
Thanks...I, too, hate to wait on line more than a few minutes (that's what FP is for). Nothing can be as bad as Presidents' Day.

I don't know much about F&W @ Epcot, will have to do a search on what's offered. Is it appropriate for a teenager?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter