Disney World Hot Takes

The price of Genie+ needs to increase.

Honestly, you're not wrong. Right now, with how many people use it, there is not enough bandwidth to accommodate. As the old saying goes, if everybody has a fast pass, then nobody has a fast pass. It needs to be more exclusive, to limit the number of people using it, which will also make standby lines move faster. Now, if they can add some attractions and bandwidth, that might be a different story.

We were just in line at MIB at universal and I was chatting with the lady behind us in line and she said the express pass at Universal was eye popping expensive and wished it was as cheap as Genie+
At universal you can basically walk on everyride so it's worth the cost. I don't think I have waited more than 10 minutes on any ride.

For Genie+ I have rountinely waited 20-25 mintues+. They need to then out the herd so it feels like your getting your money's worth. I don't want to pay more but right now to many people are buying the service. The only way I can see around that is to raise prices. Do something like Universal, deluxe/ap/dvc guests get it free and the rest buy at a large premium.

Same here! Sometimes if I want a bit of Disney I'll pull up youtube and watch it there. And I'll say the lines at random moments. "Because of their claws? No! Because they're macaws!" "All this celebrating has angered the gods!"
I've been known to throw out a "lurk, lurk, lurk" now and again. ;) I ADORE the tiki room.

At universal you can basically walk on everyride so it's worth the cost. I don't think I have waited more than 10 minutes on any ride.

For Genie+ I have rountinely waited 20-25 mintues+. They need to then out the herd so it feels like your getting your money's worth. I don't want to pay more but right now to many people are buying the service. The only way I can see around that is to raise prices. Do something like Universal, deluxe/ap/dvc guests get it free and the rest buy at a large premium.
You can limit how many are sold in a given day, though, which is the truly effective way to do it. Not all in one go in the morning, but dribbling out availability during the day. I think that resort guests should get a limited number of skip-the-line opportunities during a given day, which they can choose to use wherever they want.

We don't do G+. It's just a matter of principle for us that we don't pay extra for shorter ride lines alone. (At Universal we'll pay to stay in the original 3 hotels because we like those hotels, but we don't buy Express Pass by itself.)

It I had my wish, WDW would roll back to the electronic equivalent of the paper FP system; same rules, same (lack of) price, only you just don't have to carry around a piece of paper. I'd even be fine with having to check in at certain locations within the park in order to connect to the system. (I did NOT like FP+)

We don't do G+. It's just a matter of principle for us that we don't pay extra for shorter ride lines alone. (At Universal we'll pay to stay in the original 3 hotels because we like those hotels, but we don't buy Express Pass by itself.)
Were the total oppostite, if there'a skip the like option I'm paying. I get one vacation a year and I'm not wasting it in line don't care what it costs.

t I had my wish, WDW would roll back to the electronic equivalent of the paper FP system; same rules, same (lack of) price
At this point there's no way any amusement parks are doing away with the skip the line pay option so I think that's off the table.

The price of Genie+ needs to increase.
I'm sure they are still calculating what the maximum they can charge is before people say no thanks.

One theory that makes sense to me - part of that calculation is having more people with money to spend not waiting in long lines.
So people who are willing to spend 25+ to not wait in line most likely have more money to spend and will spend it in shops and restaurants when they are not waiting in line.

People who wont spend the money either don't have it or come to Disney all the time and its not worth it to them - for example AP holders. So those are people that probably wont be spending a lot of money in the parks so better (for Disney) to have them waiting in line then walking around making the place feel even busier.

Disney could come up with a once per ride fast pass and charge even more for it, and who knows we may see that on top of Genie+, maybe Genie++. It would probably end up in the regular Genie+ line and LL for those that have it, so still waiting, but not having to book rides and worry about return windows etc..

They seem to have something like this in Japan. Was watching Paging Mr. Morrow when he was in Japan Disney and he had a single fast pass ticket per ride - so they have done something like that.

Our WDW vacations without kids is completely different then when we went with littles. Truthfully, I don't want to go back to the littles vacations so the grandkids can go with their parents.

So Hot Takes w/kids:
MK - Speedway can be frustrating and smelly but the kids love it, IASW
HS - Indiana Jones Spectacular, Star Tours but go before eating lunch, Mickey's Train
AK - Safari, Bird Show, Lion King Show, It's tough to be a Big, Dinosaur
Epcot - Nemo, Land of the Seas, Dude!
Avoid Disney Springs - LOL

So Hot Takes w/o kids:
MK - POC, Riverboat, Hall of Presidents
HS - Baseline, walking Star Wars area followed by Toy Story area and the Skyline to Epcot (or walkway, depending on the heat index)
AK - Dawa Bar complete with street performers, traveling thru Asia
Epcot - World Showcase from Canada to the bridge, Mexico inside the Temple
Disney Springs

Hall of Presidents should be retrospective only, like focus on a few less controversial presidents and not worry about updating it every election cycle other than adding the AA to the end. Before Bill Clinton I heard whenever they added the new president, they didn't say anything...no matter who is in office I think for the sanity of everyone they should go back to that. Something more like American Adventure or Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln where they don't feel like they have to change the show every 4-8 years.

Animal Kingdom should have been named something else, because now they're stuck with everything new having to be animal themed, or in the minds of a lot of Disney fans...BUT it also can't be the wrong kind of animal theme (no zootopia). I know a lot of people will disagree, but that's why it's a hot take :)

Also, Animal Kingdom could use more classic dark rides that are indoor, air conditioned. The only one we have is Na'vi River Journey (and there's no plot on that ride, it's pretty but that's it...as soon as something is about to happen, the ride is over)

Finding Nemo: The Musical - I never understood the appeal of seeing people visibly holding the fish at the same time and you're supposed to focus on the puppets themselves not the people holding them. I much prefer how they did the old Little Mermaid show at DHS where a lot of the people were wearing all black to blend in with the background. Again, just me, I know a lot of people like the Finding Nemo show.

I wouldn't be mad if they replaced the Pirates of the Caribbean at MK with the one from Shanghai. It's already a "cliffs notes" version of the one they have at Disneyland anyway.

Rock'n'Roller Coaster should feature a new artist every couple of years...Aerosmith is waaaaaaay past their prime. Or make it an Electric Mayhem rollercoaster.

Not that this makes any difference now, but Soarin' at Epcot should have had its own pavilion and not shoe-horned into The Land pavilion. When you realize the theaters are actually closer to the back of the Imagination Pavilion, they could have easily made an Aviation Pavilion closer to what DCA has in their queue

My hot take is that non Disney hotels shouldn’t get perks. First off, Swan and Dolphin shouldn’t be considered a deluxe. You can’t use a MB there, there’s no Disney transportation to/from there, it’s not a Disney resort, so why should they qualify for the deluxe evening hours? People staying there are usually paying the equivalent of a moderate or sometimes even a value and the deluxe evening hours are supposed to be Disney throwing a bone to the people paying them a lot of money to stay at their most expensive resorts. So why are they rewarding those staying at a non Disney resort? Really makes no sense to me and it creates more crowds in the park during the deluxe extra hours. I also don’t think all of the many “good neighbor hotels” should get morning entry perks either. It creates huge crowds for the people who are paying Disney prices to stay on sight. It should be an on sight perk only imo. Idk why Disney expects people to stay on sight and pay that Disney premium when they can stay in non Disney resorts and get the same perks. Makes no sense.

RoTR was such a let down. It was so hyped up before we visited in 2022, probably the reason we were underwhelmed (give me FOP any day). That said, I did enjoy walking around Galaxy's edge.
I don't get this one. On what other attraction do you have that level of immersion? The ride itself is fun but no one promised a coaster.

Hall of Presidents should be retrospective only, like focus on a few less controversial presidents and not worry about updating it every election cycle other than adding the AA to the end. Before Bill Clinton I heard whenever they added the new president, they didn't say anything...no matter who is in office I think for the sanity of everyone they should go back to that. Something more like American Adventure or Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln where they don't feel like they have to change the show every 4-8 years.

Animal Kingdom should have been named something else, because now they're stuck with everything new having to be animal themed, or in the minds of a lot of Disney fans...BUT it also can't be the wrong kind of animal theme (no zootopia). I know a lot of people will disagree, but that's why it's a hot take :)

Also, Animal Kingdom could use more classic dark rides that are indoor, air conditioned. The only one we have is Na'vi River Journey (and there's no plot on that ride, it's pretty but that's it...as soon as something is about to happen, the ride is over)

Finding Nemo: The Musical - I never understood the appeal of seeing people visibly holding the fish at the same time and you're supposed to focus on the puppets themselves not the people holding them. I much prefer how they did the old Little Mermaid show at DHS where a lot of the people were wearing all black to blend in with the background. Again, just me, I know a lot of people like the Finding Nemo show.

I wouldn't be mad if they replaced the Pirates of the Caribbean at MK with the one from Shanghai. It's already a "cliffs notes" version of the one they have at Disneyland anyway.

Rock'n'Roller Coaster should feature a new artist every couple of years...Aerosmith is waaaaaaay past their prime. Or make it an Electric Mayhem rollercoaster.

Not that this makes any difference now, but Soarin' at Epcot should have had its own pavilion and not shoe-horned into The Land pavilion. When you realize the theaters are actually closer to the back of the Imagination Pavilion, they could have easily made an Aviation Pavilion closer to what DCA has in their queue
Those are some hot takes indeed and you are welcome to them. As for HoP, I think you are missing the point. A few years back, the movie they showed prior to revealing the presidents featured Andrew Johnson. He was polarizing to say the least, and basically held a kegger on the White House lawn on his inaugural. Yes, this was in the movie. The point was, it doesn't matter who is president, WE THE PEOPLE are what matters, and we are going to be OK no matter who holds the office. I too have been absolutely dismayed by the lack of respect shown, but that is the fault of the people showing the disrespect, and not Disney. Not updating the show would just be giving them what they want.

Those are some hot takes indeed and you are welcome to them. As for HoP, I think you are missing the point. A few years back, the movie they showed prior to revealing the presidents featured Andrew Johnson. He was polarizing to say the least, and basically held a kegger on the White House lawn on his inaugural. Yes, this was in the movie. The point was, it doesn't matter who is president, WE THE PEOPLE are what matters, and we are going to be OK no matter who holds the office. I too have been absolutely dismayed by the lack of respect shown, but that is the fault of the people showing the disrespect, and not Disney. Not updating the show would just be giving them what they want.

Actually that was Andrew Jackson and if I recall correctly they completely left out his horrendous forced relocation of Native Americans aka "Trail of Tears"

Actually that was Andrew Jackson and if I recall correctly they completely left out his horrendous forced relocation of Native Americans aka "Trail of Tears"
Thanks for the correction and, just to further the point - the USA survived that. No one person is bigger or more important than the country as a whole. It's not perfect and is not meant to be. You will never find a president that absolutely everybody agrees with and that is exactly as it is intended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter