Disney Wonder - Sept 30 2010 3 Night Bahamas

Jule

Earning My Ears
Is anyone else booked onto this cruise?

Me, my younger brother, mum and dad are going on this cruise. It'll be our second time on the Wonder and 3rd Disney cruise :)

My DH and I will be on it! It's our first cruise!!

We're very excited but kind of overwhelmed! We'd love to meet up and say "hi"!

Me and DH will be on this cruise but the kids are staying with the grandparents for a bit of a second honeymoon. Any tips for people whohavent cruised before?:surfweb:

Which Disney Resort/Theme Park/Restaurant that you haven't visited would you love:lovestruc to visit/stay in/eat at one day?

Hmmm. I'd love to stay at the GF one of these years. Always thought it was cool since I saw an old ep of WDW Inside/Out where they showed some interviews about the tea they hold there. Others I'd like to try? When the kids are older, we'd like to try visiting Disneyland Tokyo and of course one day trying out the Disney Dream. Just for comparison, of course.pirate:

We will be on this cruise as well... Actually we are on the 4 day leaving 9/26 and just won't leave! We booked back-to-back for a 'sorta' 7 day cruise.

The 4 day has someone organizing a meet thing and the fish extender thingamabobers...don't see any of that here....yet.

Anyway, this will technically be our 3rd Disney cruise (the 4 day our 2nd).
Our first was last Fall in late September as well, a 7 day on the Magic.
While we had cruised many times before, we fell in love with Disney. Our daughter who was 2 at the time immediately abandoned Curious George and Thomas and over the last 9ish months will only watch Disney stuff and has now seen every disney classic movie, memorized the songs and has basically become obsessed with Disney princesses.

So our cast will be:
DH: 40-something
DW: 30-something
DD: 3.5 (at time of cruise)

Hope to hear from more people with whom we'll be cruising!

Cheers!

Looks like quite a few of us are going! :woohoo::dance3::yay::banana: Can't wait!

We are going to WDW from Sept 25-30 and end our vacation with our 1st cruise!!!

I'm so excited, espacially since this will be a surprise for the kids (actually 2 surprises WDW & cruise). we still haven't figured out how we will tell them :goodvibes

If you think of a cool way to tell them let me know :)

I'm so excited, espacially since this will be a surprise for the kids (actually 2 surprises WDW & cruise). we still haven't figured out how we will tell them :goodvibes

maybe a fun little treasure hunt around your house with clues. maybe the first one would be an orange (for fl) then a picture of your resort, a ship then mickey mouse. Thats just an idea, be creative, your kids are going to be so excited!!!!

Is anyone planning on organizing a FE group or any type of get together meet type things? Or is a 3 day ust too short for that?

Us too!! Us too!!! We will be at AKV at Jambo House for 3 nights and 2 nights at BLT and then cruising!:banana: We're actually going back to WDW for another 5 nights at BWV. (Yes, this is the big vacation of the year for us!)

Where are you staying? What are your plans for WDW?

Is anyone planning on organizing a FE group or any type of get together meet type things? Or is a 3 day ust too short for that?

I have heard about FE's but know nothing about them. If someone could explain maybe we can get something together for our shorty 3 nighter!

Can anyone help out explaining etc.?

Sorry I haven't been posting lately...just been busy and kind of distracted and not being able to concentrate, but I have to start soon getting everything together for our trip! I just ordered my DH water shoes yesterday...

Where are you staying? What are your plans for WDW?

We are staying at the All Star Movies, requested Buzz or Woody ;)
I'm not sure what are our plans, we have always been to WDW in January so we have never been in FL heat! I guess we will play it by ear, but we will definitely swim more :beach:

[/QUOTE] I have heard about FE's but know nothing about them. If someone could explain maybe we can get something together for our shorty 3 nighter!

Can anyone help out explaining etc.?[/QUOTE]

I am new to cruising as well, so I read a little about Fish Extenders on the boards- looks fun but don't really know how it works and how they are started.

[/QUOTE]
Sorry I haven't been posting lately...just been busy and kind of distracted and not being able to concentrate, but I have to start soon getting everything together for our trip! I just ordered my DH water shoes yesterday...[/QUOTE]

I didn't think of that :scratchin Do we need them?

Hey! thinking of doing a B2B because of webmeiser THANKS!! lol

An FE is a Fish Extender. What you do is either make or buy a Fish Extender which is kind of like a letter holder/shoe back kinda thing. You get with a dis group like this one, and exchange gifts. Kinda like a secret santa kinda thing. Just give little gifts so the little ones have a special surprise.

Jen you should do the back to back!
I hate to discuss costs and all cuz it is kind of bad manners, but we added the 3 day for 3 people for about 900 bucks including taxes fees and travel insurance. I think it was $350/adult and $150 for the peanut, so for you with your mom it should be about the same, $900 more (depending on room of course)....and it'll be less hectic than the park (although the park is definitely great!)

I found out the basics of having to do the back to back. You pack your stuff and put it out in the hall like everyone else. If you are staying in the same room, they will leave it there. If you are moving to a different room, the front desk will store it for you and have it taken to your new room.
You have to be off the ship at 9am and go back out to the terminal area, but can come back around 10:30. Because you'll already be familiar with the ship and all, it will basically be a 'day at sea' without being at sea. You get another awesome day of parties and tours and get to do all the things you didn't have time to or missed on the first one. :-) but you do have to do the icky practice firedrill thing with the life vests...I don't enjoy that part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter