Disney Wonder May6-10 Part 2

Barb Lee

Earning My Ears
First full day! My sister and I had breakfast at Bleach Banket Buffet and were the first 2 off the boat at Nassau. It was an extremely windy day and some shore excursions were cancelled. We had only planned to shop. After we passed the "braid your hair" ladies and the horse and buggy fellows we arrived on the main shopping street. I enjoyed the shop where the T-shirts change color in the sun. We also bought T-shirts in their Hard Rock Cafe. I bought some linen for my mother, but otherwise we saw no particular bargains. Within 2 hours we were back on board. We ate at Tritons for lunch with a couple from Montreal who were a walking advertisement for the DVC. In the afternoon we lounched around and napped. I cannot say enough about the cabins. The bed was king size with a couch, desk, and of course the great verandah. We had many empty storage areas. It did sound like you were launching a missile every time we flushed the toilet. We loved the movie channels that ran continuously in the cabin. At 4P we had spa appointment for a half body massage and facial. I had Angie from Scotland. I can only describe the experience as total bliss. We dragged our way back to the cabin and ordered sustenance from room service. I ust say we alwys ordered coffee etc evry AM before breakfast. The service was very good. That night we met our dinner companios at the late seating at Animato's Palette. A couple form England and a couple form Orlando were entertaining companions. Our servers were Vichy and Ganesh.. Again after supper we retired to the verandah to enjoy the ocean view. We were told that a man missed the boat in Nassau as he spent too long in a bar. I cannot confirm that for fact.

Barb Lee-
You are correct about the guy left behind in Nassau.
My family & I were on your cruise.My brother-in-law and sister-in-law were up on deck 10 watching us pull away
from the dock and saw the guy running like hell towards
the ship. They said they thought he looked like a older
teenager. They saw a band of teens just make it back in
time before the gangplank went up. The crew were yelling to them to hurry up and they all started to run
towards the ship. The guy left behind just stood at the dock totally dumbfounded with his hands held up in the
air, but the ship had already pulled away.
I don't have to tell you that DCL was VERY clear about
the time we were to be back on board! I quess the guy left behind will listen next time,right?
BTW, I loved your description of the toilets flushing!
I almost had a heart attack at 3:00AM the first night when I flushed it! It scared the hell out of me! I was half asleep at the time, and forgot about the sound of a torpedo being launched when you flushed.Needless to say, I was WIDE awake after that!
I hope you had as WONDERful a time as we had. It was simply marvelous!

You've both peeked my curiosity....what happened to the guy? What happens if you miss the ship? All alone in a strange place would scare the day lights out of me. I could just see myself looking at my watch and wondering if I'm on the right time zone. LOL I'd get back to the dock and wonder where the boat was. (silly me) Anyone know what you would/should do?

My guess is that you are on your own. I would think you would try to get yourself
by plane or boat to the next stop (Freeport) asap so as to catch up with the ship!
You would have all of the following day to do this since the ship did,nt leave Freeport
until 5:00PM the next afternoon. Sure seems like a expensive lesson to learn to be
on time!LOL
Tadgh45

If you miss the ship it is your responsibility and your cash to catch up to the ship at the next port or head back to port caneveral and hope your room steward packed up all your stuff.
I have been on a ship (RCI) that did send one of their boats out to pick up someone left behind, I am sure they paid dearly for this perk!

When we were on the Magic, they left two people behind in St. Thomas, but sent one of the Disney lifeboats to retrieve them. They told us to be back at the ship no later than 4:30PM and I believe we sailed at 4:45-5 PM. By 5:15PM, this lifeboat caught up with us. An interesting sight to see. The next port was Castaway Cay, which we weren't able to dock.

Tina

PS: The DCL sails on time!!! As it should.

Holy Cow! See, this is why I'm half afraid to cruise. I could just see myself falling asleep on a beach and waking up after the ship sails. LOL Thanks for your replys.

Sorry Barb for taking away from your post. I love reading your report! We've never cruised before and I'm finding ALOT of info from them. Thanks for taking the time to give us details!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter