• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder March '13

dreamyd

Earning My Ears
New here.
Hi!

This will be our first Disney cruise as well as our first time traveling with an infant. Any pointers? Our son will be 4 months old in March.
Has anyone been on the wonder? Has anyone traveled with a very small child???
TYIA

Hi, we are going in March as well on the Wonder. This will be my first cruise as well and we have a 2 year old and a 3 year old. I don't really have any tips for you especially since yours is a little younger. Have you looked at the baby lite website to have stuff delivered to your stateroom instead of having to bring it? Also I heard that its good to book the nursery ahead of time. My MIL is going with us so I don't know if we'll use it alot, but it looks pretty nice. Good Luck!

We took our 5 mo old son on the Disney Dream in October of 2011. It was just the 3 Day trip to the Bahamas/CC. Anyhow, I found that booking time in the nursery was essential. I booked some time for "nap time" and once we were on board I booked time at dinner. We had 2nd seating and the baby slept through dinner (which makes eating difficult while holding a sleeping baby). The second and third night we were able to book time in the nursery, so we dropped him off in his jammies before dinner. It worked beautifully. I found it easier leaving him in the nursery because of the wave phones. I knew that if he was really upset or needed me that I was a quick call away. My husband and I would trade off with the baby other times so that we could each have some down time. We had a pack 'n' play set up in our room for sleeping and a diaper pail was delivered (via the room steward) for the diapers.

I know that on the Wonder there is a splash area for kiddos, so bring swim diapers so your little one can enjoy that area. It isn't a covered area like on the Dream, so be mindful of the sun. The kids clubs have "open house" hours that allow you to take the whole family to play in the club if your little one wants some space to explore.

I've read where others have posted about the ability to have food in the dining room processed (blended) to give to babies, but I've never tried it.

There are strollers available to use on the ship that are more like jogging strollers. But I would suggest just bringing an umbrella stroller that is easy to travel.

I hope that gives you some ideas. We are going on the Wonder again this Spring and my kiddos will be 6yr and 2yr. It'll be interesting to see how it goes this time around. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter