Disney Wonder June 19 2023 - 7 Night Alaska Cruise

Oneanne

DIS Veteran
Hello! My Sister and I will be on this cruise, and we're both getting very excited for it! First time cruising for both of us, but we have both been to Alaska before. I've been to Disney World 40+ times over the years, but lots to learn about cruising!

We both live in Washington state, so will be driving to Vancouver and staying at the Pan Pacific the night before the cruise.

Anyone else going to be sailing on this cruise?

Hello! My Sister and I will be on this cruise, and we're both getting very excited for it! First time cruising for both of us, but we have both been to Alaska before. I've been to Disney World 40+ times over the years, but lots to learn about cruising!

We both live in Washington state, so will be driving to Vancouver and staying at the Pan Pacific the night before the cruise.

Anyone else going to be sailing on this cruise?
My family is sailing on this cruise. We cruised in 2011 in Alaska and loved it. We are also arriving to Vancouver the night before and staying across the street from the port. It was pretty pricey but we did that before sailing to Hawaii with DCL and it was really convenient.

My family is sailing on this cruise. We cruised in 2011 in Alaska and loved it. We are also arriving to Vancouver the night before and staying across the street from the port. It was pretty pricey but we did that before sailing to Hawaii with DCL and it was really convenient.
Starting to get really excited, now that it is just over a month away!

First time Disney Cruiser for me. I'm kind of disappointed that there are no fireworks, was hoping for that. But excited over everything else.

First time Disney Cruiser for me. I'm kind of disappointed that there are no fireworks, was hoping for that. But excited over everything else.
We were a little disappointed over having a Frozen Night not a Pirates night, but still super excited. I'm completing two bucket list items this trip - seeing large whales (have seen many Orca but none of the big guys, at least not still alive ones) and doing ziplining.

We were a little disappointed over having a Frozen Night not a Pirates night, but still super excited. I'm completing two bucket list items this trip - seeing large whales (have seen many Orca but none of the big guys, at least not still alive ones) and doing ziplining.
I've heard of Pirates night and was browsing Amazon for Pirate stuff to wear. That's disappointing that they don't have that.

Nice on completing some bucket list items. We booked some whale watching but not ziplining. This was more a last minute thing for us, so a lot of excursions were already full. We still found stuff to do, so no big deal.

Woohoo... it is now just 21 days till the cruise! We are all checked in, didn't have any tech issues and got a decent boarding time. Excursions are all booked and our seating time got moved up, which is what we wanted. I even did a test pack so I could check that I have what I think I'll need and that it'll all fit - its a yes to both. The only open item is for my passport to arrive, which should be in the next week.

As a first time Disney cruiser, I have a quesiton on the formal/semi-formal night. Is the dress code also for dining? Disney FAQ doesn't state whether or not it is a requirement for the main (rotational) dining room.

Oneanne, congrats on getting your dining seating time, we are still on the waitlist and I don't expect to get it, as we booked really late.

As a first time Disney cruiser, I have a quesiton on the formal/semi-formal night. Is the dress code also for dining? Disney FAQ doesn't state whether or not it is a requirement for the main (rotational) dining room.

Oneanne, congrats on getting your dining seating time, we are still on the waitlist and I don't expect to get it, as we booked really late.
From what I’ve read “formal” night is very open for interpretation and you’ll see a bit of everything. It’s voluntary no real dress code. I’m taking a couple dresses but nothing considered formal. And I’ve read that the Alaska cruises tend to be more casual, I think because you need to pack and dress for variable weather conditions.

FYI, the Glacier Explorer (DG01) port adventure opened up some booking slots today for those that are interested. I would expect these to sell out.

Four more days, or as the cruise app has it displayed: 3 days 16 hours and 28 minutes. I'm in the "tingling-yes-it-is-really-happening" stage. Checked the weather forecast for Juneau and it says partly sunny with temps in the high 60's for most of the days... sounds perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter