• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder Alaska

IMG_3474_zpsd15c65a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Vancouver Debarkation

If you don't mind sharing............what were you allergic to in the Alaska Silt Soap?

I ask b/c I have multiple allergies. I would like the soap, but not if I am allergic to it. :thumbsup2

Thanks.

If you don't mind sharing............what were you allergic to in the Alaska Silt Soap?

I ask b/c I have multiple allergies. I would like the soap, but not if I am allergic to it. :thumbsup2

Thanks.

Hmmm...I think it had coconut milk in it, but I'm not 100% sure. I have contact allergies to many ingredients in laundry soap, bath soap, lotions, etc. so I tend to stick with items I know have not caused problems in the past like Tide Free, Bath & Body Works shower gel & lotions, and Simple facial cleansers & moisturizers. I remember reading the ingredients on the Glacier Silt Soap and thinking...Ummm, no can't use that!

I just checked the ingredients on the internet and it is coconut oil.

Hmmm...I think it had coconut milk in it, but I'm not 100% sure. I have contact allergies to many ingredients in laundry soap, bath soap, lotions, etc. so I tend to stick with items I know have not caused problems in the past like Tide Free, Bath & Body Works shower gel & lotions, and Simple facial cleansers & moisturizers. I remember reading the ingredients on the Glacier Silt Soap and thinking...Ummm, no can't use that!

I just checked the ingredients on the internet and it is coconut oil.

Thanks for the info. I have the same problems...contact allergies :sad1: I looked, but couldn't find the ingredient list. I will look harder.

Thanks for the info. I have the same problems...contact allergies :sad1: I looked, but couldn't find the ingredient list. I will look harder.

There wasn't really an ingredient list per se, it was more of a write up about the soap that told about using the glacier silt and coconut oil and something else in the soap. I knew it was some coconut ingredient so I stopped looking for an ingredient list at that point. I'm not sure how I would have done with the glacier silt either...if it is a bumpy or sandy like texture, I might have had issues with that rubbing my skin as well.

Here is the link to the patent website (this isn't the same site as I found yesterday, but better as it has the list of ingredients):
http://www.google.com/patents/US6734152

and the ingredients:

"The pre-made soap base is commercially available and the ingredients for this base typically are as follows: coconut oil, palm oil, castor oil, safflower oil, glycerin (of vegetable origin), purified water, sorbitol (moisturizer), sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), soy bean protein (conditioner), EDTA (water softener)."

It tells how they make the soap on here too. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter