Disney with 3 kids...where to stay? HELP!

Gina in NC

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first trip to Disney. My husband is active in the military, just returned from an overseas deployment. We are planning a trip in early October. I'm just not sure where we should stay. We have 2-year-old twins and a 5-year-old. I'm pretty certain we want to stay in the resort. The resort is offering good discounts for military (I think?), but I'm so confused. We will need to return to the room for naps and I would love to have some meals in the room. Here's what I've found:

The Contemporary, $224 per night
The Poly, $200 per night
Old Key West (1 bedroom villa) $227
Old Key West (deluxe studio) $159

Are these rates really that good? I really need some good advice!
I would appreciate any input on what might work good for a family of 5!!
Thanks so much!!!

Gina

OKW would definitely be the best bet for you.

There's a full kitchen, plus a sperate living room from the BR, so you can put the kids down for naps or the night and relax in the living room without having to worry about disturbing them.

Anne

I disagree.

I think the Polynesian or Contemporary would be your best choice. You're just a monorail ride away from Epcot and Magic Kingdom, and getting back to your room for naps will be a snap. Sure you'll miss having a kitchen area, but kids that age are pretty easy to please with snacks and most quick bites won't require cooking or refrigeration....i.e. pbj, fruit, etc.

We stayed at Polynesian when my youngest was just a year old, and since most of our time was spent in MK anyways, it was like being "right next door"

Have you tried booking the Contemporary through Shades of Green? I think you would get a much better price that way (depending on your husbands rank).

Another option would be Port Orleans - Riverside (Alligator Bayou section) with the trundle beds.

The Contempory will be the easiest to return to during the day. Just a short ride on the Monorail. And easy access to the Magic Kingdom will probably be a plus, since you'll probably spend a lot of time there. Also, if I remember correctly, you don't need to fold up strollers to get on the Monorail, you just wheel them in, unlike the busses where you have to fold them up before you board. Another plus if the kids are napping (or just comfortable) in their strollers when you leave the park.

The Contempory rooms are also very large, I believe they are the largest of the on-site hotels, which would give you guys lots of room.

Definately try thru Shades of Green if you can. I believe there website is shadesofgreen.org. Our friends just booked through them at the Contemporary for around $99.00 a night.

I would definitely go with the Contemporary at the $99/rate through Shades of Green. Remember military also get BIG discounts on park passes, too. I wonder if you can pay a little more at the Contemporary for a suite of some sort that would have a seperate sitting room to use when the kids nap/go to sleep early. I'm not sure of the Contemp. rooms have balconies, but that is another option during nap time.

Not having a kitchen was no problem on our recent stay with two toddlers. We had a cooler and bought lots of snacks. If there was a kitchen, I would have felt obligated to cook. Who wants to do that on vacation??

Boo's Mom is right. The monorail access and close proximity to the resort are most important with young kids. Do bring your own double stroller and you'll be set. Have fun!!!:Pinkbounc

Thank you all! I called Shades of Green and got the Contemporary for $66!!! No kidding!!!

I can't wait! Thanks again!

Gina:jester:

I couldn't get the Contemp. for our stay 31 Oct -8 Nov. They put me at CBR. I just called back and asked to be put on a waiting list. Enjoy your stay. You all deserve a vacation after Iraq!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter