Disney Wish Stateroom Symbol

Cruising Engineer

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what this symbol on some of the stateroom means? It's not the standard handicap/accessible symbol that is shown on the Wish stateroom in that category.
Disney Wish.PNG

Does anyone know what this symbol on some of the stateroom means? It's not the standard handicap/accessible symbol that is shown on the Wish stateroom in that category.
View attachment 574823

Thank you for asking the question 🙂 I haven't studied the plans but it's great to know that the Wish has got these rooms, my grandparents have such a hard time hearing the announcements in the current ships.

Communication Staterooms on the Disney Wish
The Disney Wish, which sets sail in 2022, will offer Communication Staterooms that have built-in communication features. If your party includes Guests with hearing disabilities who need such features, please book a Communication Stateroom. Portable communication kits will not be available on the Disney Wish.

On the other ships, a stateroom communication kit can be requested. It includes (so presumably these features are built-in on some Wish staterooms):
  • door knock and phone alerts, bed shaker notification, and a strobe light smoke detector.
  • A stateroom Text Typewriter (TTY)

does anyone know if those rooms can be noisy? (alarms, loud noises...) I booked the stateroom right next to it but now worried that it might be a mistake...

does anyone know if those rooms can be noisy? (alarms, loud noises...) I booked the stateroom right next to it but now worried that it might be a mistake...

Based on the description of the communications kit on other ships, it appears these rooms have visual and tactile effects, but no additional noise.

Based on the description of the communications kit on other ships, it appears these rooms have visual and tactile effects, but no additional noise.
Thanks that's what I figured but it's good to have someone else's opinion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter