Disney - We're Coming!! (The One Where We Finally Get To Take The Kids!)

DisneyMama811

🇨🇦 Disney Dreamin'
Ok, I'm starting our pre trip report, it's probably a tad early but we are so excited!!!! We are a family of 4 from Ontario Canada. DH and I have both been to WDW a few times including once together in 2011 when we were dating. This is our first Disney Vacation as a family and we will also spend 2 days at Universal.

Who is going on the trip?
* all ages listed are by travel time as we all have a birthday between then and now*

Me: Mama (33) I'm the planner extraordinare in our family. lists make me happy. I've been "planning" this trip for 2 years and the prospective dates kept getting pushed farther and farther away as we waited for things to go back to "normal"....now we're finally ready.
Favourite Rides - Small World, Carousel of Progress, Terror Tower

DH (36) He's the official "Grumpy" of the group he enjoys Disney but is happy to let me do all the organising and just follows along
Favourite Rides - Rock n Roller Coaster, Test Track, Space Mountain

DD(8) First Disney Trip, my little planning buddy, enjoys watching YouTube Videos on Disney and helping mama make lists. Harry Potter obsessed (hence the Universal days squeezed in) For privacy reasons I will refer to her as L or DD8.
is most excited to try Slinky Dog Dash & Splash Mountain

DD(6) First Disney Trip, my little firecracker, sensory sensitive, stubborn and funny. Loves princess everything. In my report I will refer to her as C or DD6.
is excited to meet the characters and go on Winnie the Pooh and Small World

When are we going?

January 16th - 27th
for mainly financial and distance reasons this might be a once in a lifetime trip so it's gonna be a long one. In that time we will have 6 WDW park days, 2 days at Universal and some resting days plus airport days

Where are we staying?

Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Rooms, we picked this hotel because it fits within our budget, would rather spend $$ on experiences than a place to sleep, plus the pools look awesome and our kids are the perfect age to appreciate the theme-ing of this hotel! plus Skyliner!! which we are all very excited to try out

How are we getting there?

Flying from Toronto ON (Pearson Int'l) to Orlando Int'l this will be both DD's first time on a plane, they are beside themselves with excitement!
Mama does not like flying and is claustrophobic so not super excited for this part 😆
We will drive up to Toronto the day before as we live about 3hrs from the airport, hotel has a free shuttle to the airport. Flights are not booked yet, we all need passports and Canada's passport centres are backlogged like crazy, they should arrive in the mail soon though 🤞🤞🤞🤞
still figuring out transportation from MCO to AoA (suggestions welcome)

Things We'd Like to Experience On Our Trip

- Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique for the girls
- Disney Jr Breakfast @ HS
- Hugging Mickey Mouse!!
- Riding the Skyliner
- Eating ALL the popcorn
- Fantasmic!
- Fireworks 🎆🎆🎆

Last edited:
Following along! We just got back from a trip with my daughters, ages 5 and 7. They are also Harry Potter obsessed and were upset we didn't include Universal on our trip! Looking forward to hearing more.

our trip is in 23 days!!! we are getting so excited. Currently being absolutely battered by a winter storm here in Ontario, so we are very much looking forward to some Florida sun! here is a peak at our trip itinerary!

Day 0 - Drive to Toronto and stay overnight as our flight is very early in the morning!

Day 1 - Fly to Orlando! first time on a plane for the kids! arrive at AoA, take a leisurely ride on the skyliner, dinner at T-REX in Disney Springs
Day 2 - IT'S OUR FIRST PARK DAY, Hello Magic Kingdom! today we are determined to ride Splash Mountain before it closes for good. Dinner @ Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Day 3 - ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE! we hit Animal Kingdom, C is excited to join the Wilderness Explorers and dig for dinosaur bones. L wants to see a real live elephant and mount an expedition to Everest
Day 3 - Hollywood Studios! Breakfast with our Disney Jr friends at Hollywood and Vine. Today's all about Toy Story land and checking out the runaway railway! Daddy's itching to hitch a ride on a rockin roller coaster and Mama is checking in to a spooky hotel in the twilight zone...will L be brave enough to tag along? we will finish the day with Fantasmic!
Day 4 - Resort day. let's swim in the big blue pool and explore our resort!
Day 5 - Epcot, excited to experience Festival of the Arts and go on an adventure with Remy!
Day 6 - back to Hollywood Studios to revisit our favourite rides
Day 7 - our last park day. A farewell tour of Magic Kingdom with makeovers for two little princesses. see ya later Mickey I hope we'll be back one day
Day 8 - Today we move to Universal Studios but first, breakfast with Chef Mickey!
Day 9 - Wizarding World here we come, first stop breakfast at The Leaky Cauldron
Day 10 - More Universal fun!
Day 11 - Time to check out, back home to Canada, I hope the car isn't buried in snow!

The Luggage was packed by the window with care, with knowledge that at Disney soon we'd be there!

** Thirteen Days to go!!! I went a bit crazy and did a lot of packing today!** the anticipation is almost unbearable!
PXL_20230104_022220163.jpg

Reactions: DLo
FOUR DAYS TIL DISNEY!!
3 DAYS til our vacation starts as we will drive to Toronto on Sunday (we live 2 hours away) and stay overnight then take a shuttle to the airport for our 615am flight Monday. Here's my anxiety brain in full swing with my front door list of things we absolutely can not forget!
PXL_20230112_194914199.jpg

Reactions: DLo

yay! the pre trip excitement! It sounds like you have an amazing trip planned and I hope you have a great time!!! We leave next Saturday and are so excited! Maybe we will pass each other and not even know it! :D

woke up to lots of white stuff. Snow Day for the kiddos today so they are officially on vacation, one more work day for mama. hoping the snow subsides before we leave for Toronto. Dreaming of that Florida 🌞🌞🌞
PXL_20230113_162807721.jpg

what's a Disney Vacation without matching t-shirts?
PXL_20230114_193418774.jpg
today has been all about last minute packing and repacking. L is employing the tried and true method of sitting on your suitcase to zip it up!! to say we're all excited is a bit of an understatement!!PXL_20230114_195820789.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter