• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wedding-Photography-Randy Chapman

ashea0

I was A Disney Bride!
I just had the most wonderful and amazing wedding this past July 2013 in Disney World at the Wedding Pavilion. For those of you getting ready to take this wonderful journey and are worried about photos.......Look to Randy Chapman. He did an Amazing :thumbsup2 job with our wedding photos. He captured all the moments I really wanted captured and then some. He also did our photos for our Firework/Dessert party at Epcot and they are truly amazing!:thumbsup2

Post them!!! I'd love to see. We used Randy too! My pics should arrive any day now and I'm so excited to see them. He was great.

Haha I don't know how to either!

I do want to say that I got a little preview of some of my photos on Facebook and I am INSANELY thrilled with the pics Randy got! I can't wait to see the rest, and to make Christmas photo books for our families and ourselves, etc!

We used Randy for our engagement photos in August and will be using him for our wedding in June 2014. He was wonderful to work with and the pictures are amazing!! Would definitely recommend him to anyone!

We also had Randy for our photographer at our Vow Renewal on October 15. We received our pictures yesterday and they came out amazing! He was so great to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding, vow renewal, or family photo session. I will try to post pictures as soon as I can figure it out. I might even try doing a trip report... ;)

Would anyone be comfortable going over how much he charges? As of right now, my fiance and I are looking at DPS doing all of our pictures...but the more I hear about them, the more wary that I become. The only way that I could make another photographer work is if I somehow hit the $12K minimum with Disney, and then spent about another $3K for EVERYTHING photography related--session, actual pictures, products, etc. I am just not certain we could reasonably do that with someone who was actually worthwhile. These are my wedding pictures...and I expect that someone of quality is probably not going to be cheap.

Tiffiny

We're paying $1100 for the full day's coverage from getting ready to the last dance. Randy's wife touches all the photos up, then you get them all on CD with full rights. One CD with them in color and another with them all in black and white. The engagement photo shoot is also included in that price. He said the engagement shoot was an hour, but he spent about an hour and a half with us. We had about 600 photos on each CD!! Definitely not as expensive as I would have thought such a great photographer would be!

We got married at the Yacht Club Gazebo in October and used Randy for photography and Stan Severence for the videography with a live webcast. It is the best decision that we made, the photos are great and Randy and Stan were so easy to work with on the day, they made everyone feel comfortable and I am so pleased with the pictures and what we have seen of the video so far. They were also easy to deal with before the wedding, we are from the UK so we didn't have a chance to meet them before the day, but they made everything so straightforward that I had no reason to worry about anything. Randy even came and dropped of the DVDs with all the pictures before we left to come home which I was not expecting so was a definite bonus. The pricing was also very good for a combined package with both, including the live webcast for friends and family that could not travel to be with us. If I could do it all over again then I would still be booking Randy and Stan!!!

Randy did the pictures for my wedding on November 4th, and I have to say I'm not thrilled. I'm not sure if I caught him on a bad day, but a lot of my pictures are not framed all that well. I have a lot of pictures with recycle bins prominently placed, laundry carts in the picture, and a close up picture of our cake topper has a lovely tv remote control behind it. A lot of the pictures are washed out or over exposed. There are a few decent pictures, but not like what I have seen in other peoples posting. I have to say that overall I was not impressed with the quality. I realize everyone has different tastes and different experiences, but this is just my opinion.

So...I think message I'm getting from this is...you never know if your photography is going to be great or not. As a fall-back...give everyone a disposable picture and tell them to take lots of pictures, because they couldn't do any worse!

Tiffiny

I used randy too, and I'm VERY picky about photography and I loved him and my pictures. Sure there are different styles of photography, everyone is entitled to their own preference and style... But I was thrilled. So was everyone who saw my pics!

I can check but it was less than $1,000. He did our dessert party for $250.

I can check but it was less than $1,000. He did our dessert party for $250.

How much would he charge for a family 1/2 hour or 1 hour session at one of the resorts? What does that include? How far in advance do you have to book him?

We used Randy last spring for family pictures. We booked him in December 2012 for April 2013 pictures. We had him for 1.5 hours and he charged us $250. We had photos done at yacht and beach and the boardwalk. They turned out great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter