Disney was here today

wtg2000

DIS Veteran
People from Walt Disney resorts were in Goderich, Ontario today to do a piece on the Disney homestead in Bluevale. Walt Disney's father was born there.

They interviewed people who have some memory of the Disney clan. I'm not sure what they will be doing with the interviews

Imagine my surprise to see Goderich mentioned on the Dis-board. My DH and I being from Goderich have always known that Walt was from up that way.
I would think that the details of his homestead are for the upcoming 100th Birthday Celebration at WDW starting in October. We are going in November and will be sure to check out the new attraction about his life at MGM Disney Studios.

The Disney/MGM exhibition sounds like a probable place for the information.

They showed a shot of the Disney house.

Some Disney family members are buried in the local cemetery.

There's also the "legend" that Walt laid out the Magic Kingdom like Goderich - spokes on a wheel. He visited the town back in the 1940s (I think - maybe 50s). He drove up in a big white car and drew Mickey on the blackboard for kids in the local school. He visited the cemetery and the house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter